• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Season 2

Fuyuki City—a city surrounded by the ocean and the mountains becomes the setting for an age-old ritual. To realize the mythical Holy Grail, which is said to grant any wish from its possessor, seven masters are given seven heroic spirits chosen by the Grail. These heroic spirits or servants are: Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, Berserker.

Each master will enter into a contract with their assigned servants and battle the other masters and servants to the death until only one pair remains...

This is the "Holy Grail War."

TV AD
    Spoiler:

Type: TV
    Episodes: ??
    Starts Airing: Apr 5
    Producers: ufotable, Aniplex
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen, Supernatural​

The hype is back! Discuss! For those who have read the novel please don't throw spoilers from left to right (and if will do please take into consideration the use of spoilers).
    The first season left us with the worst cliffhanger one could ever think of. I hope we have a one-hour first episode, but I think that's a little bit too much to ask for.
    I will post my opinion later.

First season's topic by RinYoga here.

Offtopic; This is my first topic, apart from the one in 'The Welcome Lounge'. Everyone please be gentile *moe moe kyuns* ;__;

Years
  • Offtopic; This is my first topic, apart from the one in 'The Welcome Lounge'. Everyone please be gentile *moe moe kyuns* ;__;

Oh god what an awful thread. Please delete this monstrosity. jk

I might watch this. I watched the first 3-4 episodes of the first season , also many fanboys are saying that it gets good now. Might give it a shot. I have around 2 days to finish season 1 then hah.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • He did say 2nd season :d

Episode 1 or 13 depending where we are counting from:
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

That's actually what I needed.
    Spoiler:

>not naming this Unlimited Budget Works 2

Gomenasai Satoshi senpai Q___Q

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I'm a massive Fate fan heck Saber is like my waifu (I have like every figure of her possibly.....maybe) I completely forgot this aired the other day I thought it was next week. Ufotable have done an amazing job with this adaptation and it is a lot better than the 2006 show. The animation in particular is just astounding.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • ^ Whoa, whoa, whoa! Cool down with the spoilers, man! You'd ruin series for people if they happen to see your post. :/

Anyway, UBW is back with all its amazingly animated glory. The Opening this time around is one I personally prefer over the first one and is better animated too, I feel. :p As for the episode itself, dem RinxShirou moments <3 That one scene (we all know which - hint: shiro saying something suddenly to rin) came out of the blue for me, though. Although rin's reaction to it made the episode for me, must say haha. As for archer - I knew it. Mostly because I've seen ubw original movie lel

ED was the normal regular kalafina. Her songs are getting REALLY old now. She needs to make something new. Something like magia - not just reuse the same kind of stuff over and over. :/ Anyway, looking forward to next week.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Ok finally got round to it last night and man what a start, just shows how much I have missed a show like Fate Stay Night. The animation is just spectacular but I am not so keen on the new opening and ending tracks I prefer the first seasons.

Years
  • omg it's back.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • So the characters are kind of ruining this for me and I find them incredibly annoying. Shirou is not that much different from literally every other generic protagonist and Tousaka is just really annoying... how many times did she say "baka" in the first episode? Don't mean to be "that person" but it looked nice I guess lol

Winter

Years

Spoiler:

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Episode 2 was really great especially the end scene

Spoiler:

So the characters are kind of ruining this for me and I find them incredibly annoying. Shirou is not that much different from literally every other generic protagonist and Tousaka is just really annoying... how many times did she say "baka" in the first episode? Don't mean to be "that person" but it looked nice I guess lol

I think with Fate Stay Night the setting of in which is based around students in school sends the characters into typical cliches. I kind of agree and don't agree with what your saying but I think throughout the show they get a lot better and their development is natural. Rin is awesome and who cares if she says baka a lot :P Shirou is always the 'I want to save everyone' type of person and that is who he is. He will really come to shine at the end of this series as I know the ending as probably most others do to. Fate Zero does a better job with its characters because most of them are adults and I think it allows them to venture into other themes (Which I won't spoil in case you haven't watched it yet)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

For those who haven't played the visual novel, this episode actually was most made of original content.

Spoiler:

That's what happens if Illya finds out you've been hooking up with her man:

[/spoiler]

I needed that gif in my life. Thank you.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Most of the episode was original content. I didn't really like it this time.
    Maybe because I finished UBW a few days ago, but I found the final scene quite boring and it didn't really had an effect on me.
    Spoiler:

Winter

Years

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

So we did have that scene.
    Harsh.

Spoiler:

Winter

Years

We still don't know who Lancer's Master is. Also Shirou is probably the only one at this point who doesn't know who Archer really is.

Back