• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Whatever they did great in the last episode was almost ruined on this.
    Spoiler:

Ehhh, I dunno. The gameplay's pretty different, even if it follows the same basic formula (non-combat segments followed by combat segments). I guess navigation of the combat levels are pretty similar. I would say P3/P4's systems are a lot more complex. Still, F/E is pretty fun if you can get past the rock-paper-scissors combat system. I really just wish they'd TL CCC; I heard it's really good, at least story-wise.

Tsukihime is pretty solid, but I actually liked Kagetsu Tohya better.
    P3/P4's combat isn't that deep either. Status effects here and there (easily recovered) and Yukiko heals everything while the others blast things to hell. I never had to come up with a different strategy even once and I didn't even overlevel myself.

Careful of the grinding in Extra though.

Thank you both! I think I will pass this time, but I will take into consideration your comments for future references :)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

A bridge to the end of the series.
    We all know what that scene implied, but I'm glad to see they went for the Realta Nua all-ages version lol

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Thought they would transplant the Magic Crest via a deep passionate kiss.

...no?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Preparations for the final battle. My guess is they will spend episode 11 'fighting' and then the last episode will adapt the Unlimited Blade Works' route TRUE END.

HAHA. My innocent Fantome-chan <3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Oh man, that feeling when this started playing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRnNHDrxe8

Doesn't matter how many times I play through UBW, I always end up with a dumb smile on my face and tears in my eyes when I hear this

Fate/kaleid prisma
    kill it with fire

no, seriously, rant time. i watched through all of the first season of that except the last episode and kept waiting for it to get better and waiting for it to get better and surely it's going to get better sometime and it just never did. this is their apology to fans for taking out the ilya route from f/sn? can i just have the ilya route instead? that actually sounded interesting (supposedly it was the route where shirou becomes archer, i'd love to see that). as someone who actually likes mahou shoujo, prisma ilya was the dumbest, shallowest, stupidest garbage i saw in a long time. i don't know if nasu directly wrote that, but if he did, it's the most disappointing thing he's ever written. as repayment for no ilya route, it's garbage. as homage to mahou shoujo, it's garbage (i say this as someone whose favorite series is ccs, essentially the genre-definer). as a nasuverse series, it's easily the worst entry in that entire universe.

moments like this (15:32 to 21:45, though honestly the whole episode is 10/10) are why i like mahou shoujo, not moments like this.

the last thing i was as disappointed about as prisma ilya was spore

...no?
    in the vn, they don't implant a crest at all, they make the beast with two backs to establish a magic circuit between the two of them or something like that
    also mollusks

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    This Illusion (Piano), Emiya, Final Strength, Sword of Promised Victory, New Dawn, and Sorrow. Oh, baby. This episode was full of VN music.

kill it with fire

no, seriously, rant time. i watched through all of the first season of that except the last episode and kept waiting for it to get better and waiting for it to get better and surely it's going to get better sometime and it just never did. this is their apology to fans for taking out the ilya route from f/sn? can i just have the ilya route instead? that actually sounded interesting (supposedly it was the route where shirou becomes archer, i'd love to see that). as someone who actually likes mahou shoujo, prisma ilya was the dumbest, shallowest, stupidest garbage i saw in a long time. i don't know if nasu directly wrote that, but if he did, it's the most disappointing thing he's ever written. as repayment for no ilya route, it's garbage. as homage to mahou shoujo, it's garbage (i say this as someone whose favorite series is ccs, essentially the genre-definer). as a nasuverse series, it's easily the worst entry in that entire universe.

moments like this (15:32 to 21:45, though honestly the whole episode is 10/10) are why i like mahou shoujo, not moments like this.

the last thing i was as disappointed about as prisma ilya was spore
    Prisma Ilya gets better when it gets to 3re and near the end of 2wei. The first two parts are mainly just fluffy times with a little bit of yuri here and there. 3rei sets the story in a more serious direction and even gives a nod to Notes.

3rei spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Spoiler:

Arc

Years

Spoiler:

Episode 12.
    Spoiler:

twocows

Years
    Episode 12.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Arc

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Episode 12
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

AMAZING.
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Wat, BDs don't have dimmed lighting? That's another reason to watch right there. <3

The final fight was beautifully animated. Although I personally felt it seemed a little short. :b Having already seen the UBW movie, though, nothing surprised me. Would've been better for me had I not seen that movie beforehand, damn.

Either way, good stuff. I enjoyed the episode. Although, to be totally frank, I have to say I didn't enjoy the series as much as I hoped I would. The fights were spectacular, art was top notch, OPs were eargasmic and production values in general were sky high but...the plot never grabbed me much. Nor was I attached to any of the characters. It just felt a little...hollow? I'm not sure. Hopefully the Heaven's Feel movies will change things for me regarding my overall feelings for this series. Have heard HF is the most kickass version of the three routes available too so I'm pumped. :D

Just one more ep to go. It was a decent ride overall, I guess. That OP, though, will always be stuck in my head. One of my favorite things in recent times. Aimer is an amazing singer. <3

twocows

Years
    I wasn't huge on the OP or the ED, personally. I think the OP was definitely the better of the two.

Personally, the VN's OP was probably my favorite and several of the other songs in the OST rehash it to some extent, which is pretty neat. F/Z's OP was also pretty solid. Honestly, F/SN's OST is pretty solid overall. So is Tsukihime's, for that matter, even if it gets a bit repetitive due to the low song count. TM actually does music pretty well, I think.

derozio

Years
    I've seen a trend among the VN fans - they tend to not be big on the Fate openings I'm a fan of. This here is no exception. Even when it came to F/Z's OP, I liked Oath Sigh better than To the Beginning. But Fate fans begged to differ. Maybe it is the fact that fans actually tend to like things that end up being more relevant to the series while on the other hand I just tend to like stuff that sounds/looks good. To me, at least. :p

Either way, I downloaded both the tracks. Both the first and second OP were stellar imo. Second moreso than the former.

I dunno about the VN's OP since I never got to play it. Which can change since I plan to play the game pretty soon. Oh, and can't play Realta Nua. That's a Vita game, right? I don't have a Vita. I'll gladly play the PC version, though.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I dunno about the VN's OP since I never got to play it. Which can change since I plan to play the game pretty soon. Oh, and can't play Realta Nua. That's a Vita game, right? I don't have a Vita. I'll gladly play the PC version, though.

There's a patch with the Realta Nua changes for PC as well, my boyfriend found it on the internet a few weeks ago, so it's probably not that hard to find :P

Arc

Years
    Episode 25.

Spoiler:

We've reached the end. So, let's celebrate with watching UBW Vita's opening. (PS: don't watch Heaven's Feel Vita opening, it's literally filled with spoilers to the brim.)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Spoiler:

derozio

Years
    I can say this was easily my favorite episode in the entirety of second half. Just goes to show that a bit of slow-paced character to character interaction can work much better than weeks and weeks of nothing but characters going on monologues and tons of fights and explozunzz!!1! For me it did, anyway.

Also, dat short fight scene with that blond character and Rin's cute-side being shown all <3; Loved those Shirou x Rin moments from this episode so much. Also, the appearance of certain F/Z character caught me off guard. At first, I didn't recognize him at all. Like, at all. Then I read somewhere online about his identity and I was awe-struck haha. Nice cameo there. :D

Though, overall, I never exactly felt anything for Shirou nor for Rin. And the increased focus on the Shirou-Archer plotline didn't work for me. Despite me already being well aware of the fact that that's exactly what this adaptation was going to concentrate on. I personally feel that the focus could've been reduced just a teeny bit from there and given to Saber and Rin to flesh out their characters a bit more. Would've enjoyed that more, tbh. Saber, in particular, was given the shaft more than any other character in this half. Which I'm not exactly a big fan of.

Also, is it just me or the fights in the first half felt a lot more...well, well-choreographed? Some of the fights in this half felt a little uninspired. Like, the wow animation level was still there but they were fairly straightforward compared to the jaw-dropping ones from the initial 12 episodes.

All in all, I guess it was an okay series. Not as great as I expected nor a disappointment it could've been. Godly animation, some good music + great OPs and an okay plot with okay characters. Now just gotta wait for them HF movies. Those, I bet, will be epic. They've been hyped up far too much by everyone to be disappointing. Looking forward to them. :'D

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Great episode! My favorite. I know most of the stuff was 'original', but it actually respected the source where it came from. Also, I wanted more details when I played the VN, so this was a good thing to add.

I will call it 8/10 because I didn't like most of the original content and they kinda ruined the mood in some fights due to the non-stop talking.

Nevertheless, the animation and music standard cannot be neglected. Keep up the good work Ufotable, see you in Heaven's feel adaptation!

Back