• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Café Mocha (Ash x Dent)

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't bookmark fanfics, so I'll have to scour fanfiction.net for it sometime. D: It was sad, though.. I don't remember it all, because I read it some weeks back, but the concept is that Dent starts falling for Ash for quit awhile, and Ash is oblivious to it until Dent caves. xD; Though, that's pretty typical of Ash related pairings..

& You can too write.. >_> You pulled off that According to Him fic.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't bookmark fanfics, so I'll have to scour fanfiction.net for it sometime. D: It was sad, though.. I don't remember it all, because I read it some weeks back, but the concept is that Dent starts falling for Ash for quit awhile, and Ash is oblivious to it until Dent caves. xD; Though, that's pretty typical of Ash related pairings..
    Owahhh now I really want to read it ;;

I suppose I should actually go through FF.net again and add things to the CafeMocha C2...

& You can too write.. >_> You pulled off that According to Him fic.
    That was a fluke. :(

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I'll just disregard the conversation at hand and launch my Pallet vs. Cafe Mocha research:

FanFiction stories:
    Pallet: 328
    Cafe Mocha: 14

Bulbagarden posts:
    Pallet: 2,669
    Cafe Mocha: 440

Serebii Forums posts:

Pallet: 463; 402; 63 (three forums) TOTAL- 928
    Cafe Mocha: 91

deviantART club members:
    Pallet: 312
    Cafe Mocha: 67

As predicted, since Pallet Shipping has been around longer... Sore loser For the time Cafe Mocha has been out, though, it's growing faster than the other new pairings. I should check again after a couple of years.

Ash is oblivious to it until Dent caves. xD; Though, that's pretty typical of Ash related pairings..

That's a standard M.O. for Cafe Mocha fics, which is why I can only read the same thing over and over again in small doses. I find that if one theme becomes popular, it becomes viral. Like when high school AUs were at their most popular in the Super Smash Bros. section, it's all you could find, really. Authors on that website tend to be immature pratts, and only write for feedback rather than for the sake of writing. As a result, a lot of the stories are the same unimaginative crap. Yes, Ash is oblivious, but that shouldn't always be a focus.

I beta read lots of stuff, and sometimes the stories look so similar that I have to check and re-check who's story I'm editing. It's a shame, really. -__-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'll just disregard the conversation at hand and launch my Pallet vs. Cafe Mocha research:

FanFiction stories:
    Pallet: 328
    Cafe Mocha: 14

Bulbagarden posts:
    Pallet: 2,669
    Cafe Mocha: 440

Serebii Forums posts:

Pallet: 463; 402; 63 (three forums) TOTAL- 928
    Cafe Mocha: 91

deviantART club members:
    Pallet: 312
    Cafe Mocha: 67

As predicted, since Pallet Shipping has been around longer... Sore loser For the time Cafe Mocha has been out, though, it's growing faster than the other new pairings. I should check again after a couple of years.
    Couple of years? Hell no, I'm aiming for December 2011.

Also, the DeviantArt club is full of crazies. It's sad. /so mean

That's a standard M.O. for Cafe Mocha fics, which is why I can only read the same thing over and over again in small doses. I find that if one theme becomes popular, it becomes viral. Like when high school AUs were at their most popular in the Super Smash Bros. section, it's all you could find, really. Authors on that website tend to be immature pratts, and only write for feedback rather than for the sake of writing. As a result, a lot of the stories are the same unimaginative crap. Yes, Ash is oblivious, but that shouldn't always be a focus.

I beta read lots of stuff, and sometimes the stories look so similar that I have to check and re-check who's story I'm editing. It's a shame, really. -__-
    I remember those SSB ones. Quite liked one of them, disdained the rest. :3

Ash really isn't as oblivious as most people make him out to be, I don't think.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Making it as popular as Palletshipping in a number of months? Dream big, I guess. xD

Pallet's Bulbagarden posts are intimidating. (Cafemocha can beat it out someday!)

& I dunno, I think you're giving Ash too much credit... xD; He seems too focused on his Pokemon to notice if someone had feelings for him. If they made it obvious, then I'm sure he'd react, but then.. they would have to tell him.. and that goes right back to him not noticing on his own. /shot

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Making it as popular as Palletshipping in a number of months? Dream big, I guess. xD
    It shall happen.

Pallet's Bulbagarden posts are intimidating. (Cafemocha can beat it out someday!)
    Ew, Bulbagarden. I guess I'll have to go there again someday.

& I dunno, I think you're giving Ash too much credit... xD; He seems too focused on his Pokemon to notice if someone had feelings for him. If they made it obvious, then I'm sure he'd react, but then.. they would have to tell him.. and that goes right back to him not noticing on his own. /shot
    If it were a close friend of his, though... he's just as close (if not closer) to his traveling companions as he is to his Pokemon. He'd notice a change in behaviour, or something like that. He may not entirely understand, but he's definitely not as incredibly oblivious as people think.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    1. I'll help!

2. Ew, Bulbagarden, indeed. I haven't posted there since this club popped up here. 8D; *was only there for the shipping threads*

3. Oh! I get what you mean. He'd notice their behavior change. =u= Guess I never thought of it that way, but I agree. Point taken. I sort of tied in 'not understanding' with 'not noticing it at all'. orz

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • 1. Hooray! <3

2. I actually joined up only for that thread. xD But! I quickly started disliking it and so made my own~

3. Yeah, it seems a lot of people do. It'd be okay, I guess, but then... the fics. Even if one did choose to say that he is completely oblivious, I think fics could be better done.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dang.. I think before trying to beat Palletshipping through-out the entire internet, we should... try to beat out PC's Water Pokemon fanclub... XD; /2,000+ posts

But, I know right? Their thread might be more active, but it wasn't really all that interesting.
    Kinda newbish, or something. Can't place the right word.

& It could make for some better fanfics in a suspense type of way, or like I said with that other one, Dent eventually breaking down which adds to drama. Because Ash was like "wut? oAo" xD; sigh.

I wanna write one where Shigeru comes back into the picture during Unova, and Dent gets jealous of him. 8D;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • We will, we will. But we need to convert more people first...

I go over there sometimes but I can never think of anything to say. It's kinda... yeah, newbish. And for all its activity, dead in spirit.

Yus, drama and suspense please. xD But, always with complexity. Otherwise... the story if flat.
    ihavenoideawhati'mtryingtosayaaaaaaa

I want that. I mean, I've seen a few Dent-getting-jealous-of-Brock things, but I think Gary would work better, especially if you're using him as a catalyst for confession, etc.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    TheSmartOne said:
    It's kinda... yeah, newbish. And for all its activity, dead in spirit.
    Exactlyyy. D:

TheSmartOne said:
    Otherwise... the story if flat.
    ihavenoideawhati'mtryingtosayaaaaaaa
    Somehow, I totally understand what you mean. XD;

TheSmartOne said:
    ..but I think Gary would work better, especially if you're using him as a catalyst for confession, etc...
    I like Palletshipping to a point, so I was gonna have Ash have some feelings for Gary, and it's obvious enough for Dent to notice and react to. I mean, it would be a CafeMocha fanfic, so obviously Ash wouldn't end up with Gary, but he's needed for the dramaz. =u=

& As far as converting people goes.. >__>; maybe we can shove it their faces. /shot
    It's already in your signature.. I could put it in my avatar, so that it's seen every single time someone sees my post... and then again when they view my profile. /insert evil laugh here

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I like Palletshipping to a point, so I was gonna have Ash have some feelings for Gary, and it's obvious enough for Dent to notice and react to. I mean, it would be a CafeMocha fanfic, so obviously Ash wouldn't end up with Gary, but he's needed for the dramaz. =u=
    PalletShipping was the best Ash ship until CafeMocha.~
    It seems like a feasible plot there. Write it now so I can read it

& As far as converting people goes.. >__>; maybe we can shove it their faces. /shot
    It's already in your signature.. I could put it in my avatar, so that it's seen every single time someone sees my post... and then again when they view my profile. /insert evil laugh here
    I happen to know this set of my icons made more than one person consider CafeMocha. :3
    Spoiler:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I plan to write it sometime soon, but I think I should only make it either a one shot, or two chapters. ><; I can see myself not finishing it if it try to drag it out too long. fffff

& aslkdfjasd
    Those are adorable. >A> I have to use one. Can I use one?!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • omg I do that too. I mean, I have plans for longer ones... just not motivation. ^^;

Go ahead~

I actually think I'd do something else with the base images were I to use them again, now that I can actually operate GIMP.
    ...I like gradients.A lot. ^^;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Same. Though, I get on a roll at first, and type like mad until I get the first couple of chapters down, but then after that I usually start feeling like maybe it's not good enough to finish, or something. Then it just.. doesn't get done. xD;

So if I write that CafeMocha one, that's why I say it'll prooobably end up not being super long.

& You make your graphics on GIMP?! ...Nice. Kudos. I have nooo clue about that program. xD;
    The icons look fine, though. They might be simple, but at least they're not over-killed, so you can see the art well.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Oh, I see. I tend write most of it out first in like 5 or 6 hours, then type it & revise while doing that, and lag at the end. /reason for sucky endings

Yeah, GIMP just... works well for me, I guess. I suck at Photoshop.
    Thank you. :3 I always am not confident about my icons because everybody here always has such amazing ones. ^^;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lag at the end.. XD I've never seen what you write, aside from that one fanfic. Though, I don't believe you when you say that you can't write. D< The way you wrote that fic was really well done, and I've also seen you RP as Dent pretty well in that "Our avatars walk into a bar.." thread.

I tend to not write mine out on paper first, because typing for me is faster. orz

& I know right? I wish I could icon like some of the members on here doooo. -tries-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It was a fluuuuuke. That fic was a supah-emotional response inspired from an AMV which, sadly, got taken down. You might've seen it though.
    Ahhmahgawd I remember that thread. You think I did well? Perhaps I should go play there again...

I rarely have a convenient computer around, so convenient paper it is!
    ...I've done HTML/CSS/sig ideas on paper as well before. ^^;

Iconing and sig-making is really the reason behind my compulsive collection of fanart. It has the added bonus of being fun to look through when the internet dies periodically.~

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Also, the DeviantArt club is full of crazies. It's sad. /so mean

LOL, but it's true. You know you've said the truth if it hurts~ Anyway, deviantart is the art website with (probably) the worst reputation. I go on there for laughs rather than artistic substance. /am also mean.

I remember those SSB ones. Quite liked one of them, disdained the rest. :3

I've been following the fandom on and off since the release of SSB, and I've gotta say, I've never seen a fandom with more OOC and AU-as-an-excuse-for-OOC ever since. Perhaps fandoms that rival it, but not defeat it. Naruto is another great example. I remember liking some, but most of the time...

Ash really isn't as oblivious as most people make him out to be, I don't think.

I dunno~ that Cottonee episode reminded me. He's not completely blind to emotion and such, but when it comes to love, things have to be spelled out for him. It's not a bad thing- a lot of people are like that, I'll bet. Especially when it comes to somebody liking them. It's sometimes about not wanting to seem arrogant when one makes that assumption about another.

Kinda newbish, or something. Can't place the right word.

I think "retarded" would suffice.

Writing is all about discipline, and my advice is if you're writing a multi-chapter story, you should have a brief story plan typed up so you don't get lost or confused.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • LOL, but it's true. You know you've said the truth if it hurts~ Anyway, deviantart is the art website with (probably) the worst reputation. I go on there for laughs rather than artistic substance. /am also mean.
    Like I said before, I'mma lose a certain contest because the 10 year-olds over there don't know what "shipping" is.

I've been following the fandom on and off since the release of SSB, and I've gotta say, I've never seen a fandom with more OOC and AU-as-an-excuse-for-OOC ever since. Perhaps fandoms that rival it, but not defeat it. Naruto is another great example. I remember liking some, but most of the time...
    I think I like the personas Katie Tiedrich came up with best, though that's not fanfic. For fanfic... there was Jade...? something...? that wrote some good/interesting stuff.

I dunno~ that Whimsicott episode reminded me. He's not completely blind to emotion and such, but when it comes to love, things have to be spelled out for him. It's not a bad thing- a lot of people are like that, I'll bet. Especially when it comes to somebody liking them. It's sometimes about not wanting to seem arrogant when one makes that assumption about another.
    's true, yeah. But then again... Ash is 10. /forgets this sometimes
    I guess he's a bit more clueless about that kind of thing.

...There's no excuse for him having the same mentality when he's supposed to be sixteen, though. >__>

Writing is all about discipline, and my advice is if you're writing a multi-chapter story, you should have a brief story plan typed up so you don't get lost or confused.
    I have all kinds of plans~ I just completely fail at implementing them.

Back