• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Country makes my ears bleed and my head explode. So, I like being alive so I don't listen to it!

Sir Codin

Dude, I'm pro-gun rights, I sometimes slip into a Dixie accent when I speak certain words, and I spent half of my childhood in a Republican county in California (they do exist, believe it or not).

I don't want to look even more like a hillbilly.

Years
  • Country music is just not for some people. It's part the style, part the image. I find it a little painful to listen to.

Sirfetch’d

Being from Alabama one would think that I would like country music more than anything considering it's popularity here but that just isn't the case. While I do like to listen to some of it occasionally...it isn't my favorite style of music.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm not the biggest fan of country at all, I'm more of an alternative rock guy. But when I'm with my aunt she plays it and sometimes I can find myself tapping long to the songs she plays. Like all music, it can get catchy at times.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Some country music is egotistical conservative gun-tootin' bull****, while other country music is true American culture in its rawest form. It depends on what you're listening to, and most people who wholly enjoy country can't tell the difference.

A good example would be You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins vs. Long Black Train by Josh Turner.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Some country music is egotistical conservative gun-tootin' bull****, while other country music is true American culture in its rawest form. It depends on what you're listening to, and most people who wholly enjoy country can't tell the difference.

A good example would be You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins vs. Long Black Train by Josh Turner.

This basically, and besides...some songs have really amazing lyrics to listen to, like the ones he mentioned. Some Luke Bryan ones are also good. I usually tend to stay away from the egotistical ones.

+1 for Trace Adkins yo. That song gives me feels every. single. time.

Years
  • Being from Alabama one would think that I would like country music more than anything considering it's popularity here but that just isn't the case. While I do like to listen to some of it occasionally...it isn't my favorite style of music.
    You could probably say the exact same thing for me.. but I listen to classic rock and I'm not really afraid to say that. Blame my parents for getting me into the music :p

Years
  • Country music is just not for some people. It's part the style, part the image. I find it a little painful to listen to.

Wow, "painful". That's a new one XD My country gears are getting burned in right now, I think I'm starting to like it! Thanks to Sector Revenge.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'll listen to country if nothing else is on. I like it, but it's not my favorite. I like the accents and the uniqueness of the voice that not all people have. It just sounds cool to me.

As far a singing goes, well... I sing through my horn, does that count?

Years
  • I'm not really one to listen to country music either, despite coming from an area where the accent is prominent.. though there are like 2 or 3 radio stations in my area alone that specialize in country music.

Years
  • It's funny, cuz there's one of us who lives in a place without the accent, yet listens to country all the time XD

Years
  • Down here where I live, not many people really have a southern accent, unless you have lived down here all your life and were born in the <1950s-1960s with parents that were as well.. a lot of diversity in culture has caused the accent to diminish down here. My mom has lived here her whole life, but her parents have not, which is probably why she doesn't have a southern accent.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Wow, "painful". That's a new one XD My country gears are getting burned in right now, I think I'm starting to like it! Thanks to Sector Revenge.

He's the reason why I got into NASCAR!

Gotta love my little bro <33

omg bis when i'm free i can show you some good tracks i like yah?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back