• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I agree with you, though I wouldn't go so far as to say closing a thread is a destructive action but I don't believe we should argue semantics.
I just mean closing them when ye could do something else with them.

people already complain to us about how we're all just robots practicing uniformity and have very few distinctive qualities amongst ourselves
Eh? Never knew that. I would say the rules should be enforced consistently, yet... is personality really that important to most members?

In any case, no we cannot "split" threads necessarily, as when you merge a thread the posted dates often clash and end up moving the posts around so that the timeline fits for hybrid view, however we can select posts within a thread and choose to either move them to a different thread or make them become their own thread entirely.
That's what I'd call splitting. I hate to see a moderator enter a thread and say "stop posting offtopic, guys"... like, what; just remove the off-topic discussion and put it into its own thread. And make sure to leave your own post noting you've done that; it is admittedly confusing to see posts shuffled around without announcement.

If you're talking about the 'closing because I can't see this doing well/being active' though, I completely agree :) we should be giving threads a chance and not just shutting things because we wouldn't post in them. If two people want to discuss the topic, that is validity enough.
Yes, that's part of it.

Here is an example of a thread I'm gladly allowing in Pokémon General. Because it doesn't hurt anyone that it exists, it's not trying to lure someone to a different site, it's just someone who needs help with something pokémon related that doesn't seem to fit well in any other board.
That's awesome, nice to see.

Last edited:

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
Eh? Never knew that. I would say the rules should be enforced consistently, yet... is personality really that important to most members?
Forgive me for intruding but I noticed the above quote and wanted to answer this from my perspective.

While personality may not be a big deal to a lot of members, there are still loads who want moderators to have their own personality. A moderator should always be approachable and members shouldn't feel like that isn't the case. For some reason, a lot of people only see moderators doing official duty and just assume that they're robotic drones who can't stand out from the crowd and be their own person.

I know this from my experience as a moderator on a mobile development site. Some mods will only be seen if they're giving warnings, moving/closing threads or cleaning up posts which don't belong there etc. Even though they're doing their job perfectly fine, it feels as if they're only a moderator for the title and not to actually make the community better. Some will even simply copy & paste their closing message if closing a few similar threads, rather than give it a human touch and changing their message to be more appropriate to the person who created the thread.
I've always found that putting custom messages and being active within threads in my assigned forums has made me much more approachable rather than seeming like a " big scary mod".

I appear to have gone off on a slight tangent but the point still remains valid :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hi. I just wanted to leave two feedback for you guys.

1. Great job to the higher staff for promoting Juli. She's the most dedicated moderator to a forum I've ever seen. Challenges was (is!) her baby, and the way she has had it running for the years she's been a moderator has been astounding. Her regulars love her, and you can just tell just from looking around it just how much of herself she truly puts in there. I'm not bias because she's my pair and one of my best friends.

2. I think the staff should be a little more open to suggestions. This has improved a lot recently, as I've noticed a lot of suggestions I had a while ago recently got implemented, which is a great step in my opinion. But a lot of people here seem to respond to suggestions on a need based. Why do we have to necessarily need something in order for it to be done? I see this a lot, and I know it happens a lot in HQ (or at least it did when I was there) where if we don't need something, people are against it. Just saying, it wouldn't hurt to be a little more lenient on suggestions people have and keep a mental note that just because you wouldn't use something or find it useful doesn't mean other people won't.

That's all. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
But a lot of people here seem to respond to suggestions on a need based. Why do we have to necessarily need something in order for it to be done? I see this a lot, and I know it happens a lot in HQ (or at least it did when I was there) where if we don't need something, people are against it. Just saying, it wouldn't hurt to be a little more lenient on suggestions people have and keep a mental note that just because you wouldn't use something or find it useful doesn't mean other people won't.

That's all. Thanks.
Do you have some examples? I can't say I've seen too many suggestions turned down as of late, aside from adding new sections to the forum that would be pretty dead. In a lot of those cases, prefixes or sticky threads make up for that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't want to post examples, because I don't want to call anyone out for just posting their opinion. I just want staff members who feel that way to be a little more receptive and open minded when dealing with members posting suggestions. And I know this is something that applies to the member base as well, but I know good and well that just because members' opinions are valued by the staff doesn't mean they necessarily matter at the end of the day, and when a staff member (whether they're an admin, a super moderator, or a moderator) shoots something down just because they don't see the need, it's a) very disheartening and b) comes across as very conservative and close minded ("Oh. I won't use this. So this is a bad suggestion that shouldn't be put into place." is honestly how it reads across to me), even though I realize that some staff members are very conservative.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I would like to thank all of PC's Battle Server staff for how hard they all work on the server.

Eventhough it seems quiet and calm a lot of the time it's because of the great work the moderators and Higher Staff do that makes it that way!

So on behalf of all the regulars of the Battle Server I say Thank you very much!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would like to thank all of PC's Battle Server staff for how hard they all work on the server.

Eventhough it seems quiet and calm a lot of the time it's because of the great work the moderators and Higher Staff do that makes it that way!

So on behalf of all the regulars of the Battle Server I say Thank you very much!

You're most welcome! Thank you Adam on behalf of the battle server staff. Really appreciate it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
just wanted to post saying that the changes toward making chit chat cafe even more lenient than it was has been something that i've wanted to see for a very long time, and i want to give kudos to andrew and dipu, and any other people involved for making that happen. you did good kids.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
How to get mod rights in this forum
Who do i bribe
Higher staff discuss potential mod candidates and offer positions based on three general things: acitivty, need, and forum presence (i.e helpful, kind, contributive etc.) You can read about how to become a moderator in our FAQ right here!

Unfortunately, bribes won't do you any good haha.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Hi. ;v;

I just came here to say that I think that the staff is really doing an awesome job. I'd really like to get to know more of the staff , and some people here in general, I have Staff Fear Syndrome that I may possibly never get over so :v also that and I feel like I might not have anything in common with anyone.
This isn't a problem with any of the staff as it is me.

Also I would say why don't we see Rukario post more often but I understand why. ;p

So this post is basically "lol keep it up I see no reason to change. keep the forum on cruise control"

Oh, and I'll say it again, but I really liked the April Fools joke. The titles and descriptions were really funny ("FOR CHRIST SAKES THIS ISNT ROM HACKING I WILL SWALLOW YOU WHOLE")

k bye

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
Every interaction I've had with staff members so far has been nothing but pleasant, informative, and generally wonderful. In particular, I've found Skymin to have been very helpful in starting to learn my way around the roleplay forum. They were wonderfully kind. :)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Wow, I actually have a complaint. So, if you didn't know, I made a thread stating that I was a Tier 4 Supporter, but I never received any of the recurring payments, even if that's the option I selected. I guess, in the thread, Rukario said that means I should be a Tier 0 supporter. I didn't see this, because I've been working a lot recently, and just have been busy. Well, instead of confronting me about it, he just removed my rank. I lost my profile theme with it, which was custom-made by Fairy and I don't have it anymore. It was really special to me :/. I'm just upset that I didn't receive a personal fore-warning. There was a post on the thread and that was it. If I would've known, I would have made it recurring before the actual event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back