• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Basic idea is fine, but to comment on the two specific examples Josh mentioned in case people were wondering:

1) There hasn't really been any talk about that particular suggestion outside of the thread afaik, and unless it's being discussed in admin-land, the conversation is dead and probably not coming back to life given that Jake doesn't seem too keen on doing anything in regards to it.

2) Staff has provided answers to what we can in the third Moving Forward thread, but the all the rest are entirely on Pomador to answer. I'm pretty sure that they are aware that there are questions for them to answer, but if people really want us to I guess we could poke them and see if they respond.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I wish we could get a more diverse group of administrators, to be honest. A group who isn't all friends outside the site.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
May I ask for clarification? Are you concerned that the admins might be all like-minded?

I've seen firsthand what can happen when those in power (especially online) are all together. It's very unfair to average users. Not saying I think the PC admins are capable of that same level of corruption, but I don't like the possibility of it even happening at all. Who's to stop them if they did up and decide to run it as their own person playground, after all.

Personally, I feel there should be many mods, but only maybe around 3 admins, and none of them should be friends with each other outside the site. That'd be my ideal setup.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I've seen firsthand what can happen when those in power (especially online) are all together. It's very unfair to average users. Not saying I think the PC admins are capable of that same level of corruption, but I don't like the possibility of it even happening at all. Who's to stop them if they did up and decide to run it as their own person playground, after all.

I don't know how I can properly dispel your worries, but our staff were picked very selectively, and I think we're pretty good and strict when it comes to following our staff guidelines. o:

I really don't think anyone in our staff would have the gall to abuse their power as it were, but if they did, then they would be dealt with accordingly. If you're unconvinced that any decision or action in the forums we made wasn't the wisest or most fair then tell us, and we'll be glad to discuss it with you. :]

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I wish we could get a more diverse group of administrators, to be honest. A group who isn't all friends outside the site.

Stop making points I agree with XD

But on to the matter. Its one thing when they are mods, easier to deal with, easier to fire. I have seen it many times (mostly on discord) where the admins decide to be a butt a lot and give no fucks, while the owner doesn't care about what they are doing and sees them as a friend and never does anything. Wouldnt mind if they are friends on discord and PC, but sometimes people meet irl and get too close, which sometimes ends up badly for everyone else and ruins the place. Not saying its 100% determined for this place (maybe about 10% tbh) but the chance that i would happen could actually happen.

Years
For the record, people who work together are always bound to befriend each other to some extent. That's true for almost every situation where you're put in a position needing you to more closely interact with a smaller group. There is absolutely no way we can have a group of admins who do not talk to much less not know their team to some extent. It's just not possible.

Wouldnt mind if they are friends on discord and PC, but sometimes people meet irl and get too close, which sometimes ends up badly for everyone else and ruins the place.

I have not once met any admin irl and rarely talk to them on a personal level. Sure, we may talk about PC often and occasionally personal interests, but that's the extent of it most of the time. My closest online friends are a mix of regular members, non-admins, and...people that aren't even on PC to begin with. Some of them don't even enjoy the community anymore. I can guarantee you that admins being super close and tight knit is a complete exaggeration. Whether you choose to believe me is on you, but I'm not lying when I say any of this.

I have seen it many times (mostly on discord) where the admins decide to be a butt a lot and give no fucks, while the owner doesn't care about what they are doing and sees them as a friend and never does anything.

Feel free to private message me any examples if you'd like, since I wasn't aware that was a thing. If you or anyone else feels ganged up on or treated unfairly in any way by anyone, please let me know (assuming you feel comfortable). It depresses me that some people believe things are bad enough to think so negatively about the team.

Years

Personally, I feel there should be many mods, but only maybe around 3 admins, and none of them should be friends with each other outside the site. That'd be my ideal setup.

I don't think this is an unreasonable concern personally because we all know that staffers, not necessarily our staffers, can go rogue and do some pretty shitty things. I think that trying to keep everyone from being friends isn't actually practical though. You work with people cohesively long enough and you're going to develop a relationship that goes beyond a curt nod in the hallway. It's pretty natural. That being said, I will try to dispel some of your fears.

Firstly, our admin team do get along very well, but I don't think they're as close as you think they are. To the best of my knowledge, none of the current admin team have ever met each other off of PC and even online a lot of them run in different circles. You'll sever see Laslow hanging out with the RPers like Rika, Sylphiel doesn't hang out with the competitive battlers like Castform and all that. They get along well, but thankfully, we aren't run by some suffocating clique. I'll get to a bit more in my response to FlameChrome.

Stop making points I agree with XD

But on to the matter. Its one thing when they are mods, easier to deal with, easier to fire. I have seen it many times (mostly on discord) where the admins decide to be a butt a lot and give no fucks, while the owner doesn't care about what they are doing and sees them as a friend and never does anything. Wouldnt mind if they are friends on discord and PC, but sometimes people meet irl and get too close, which sometimes ends up badly for everyone else and ruins the place. Not saying its 100% determined for this place (maybe about 10% tbh) but the chance that i would happen could actually happen.

I obviously can't say too much on the matter, but admins/staffers have had falling outs before in the past. It's obviously a very infrequent thing, before everyone panics, but it has happened. PC is still standing. One of the advantages of having the staff structure we do, is that if someone does go rogue then they can be pushed out and we can keep on running PC to be the same comfortable and fun place it always has been.

I think the concerns you've brought up are far from being invalid, but I want you to rest assured that the current admin team is actually one of, if not the most, diverse admin group we have and the chances of them turning into a malevolent aristocracy are extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back