• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashi_sato

New ROMhacker
Years
  • I need help for sprites

ummmm, i feel like a n00b asking this but,how and what program do you use to make sprites? i'm confused...

Moderators, if it was wrong to post this, I apologize.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Sorry if I sound noobish, but is this the thread where we submit sprites that we've done? If so, could somebody critique my most recent picture. It's my display picture (well, a revamped one). Its supposed to be Dante from Devil May Cry, or at least a younger one without a trenchcoat. i intend to put it into my hack as one of the hero sprites, but I want to make sure it looks decent as well.

Any help especially with the left arm and overall shading would be greatly appreciated. This is my first forray into pixel art, which I find a tad more difficult than traditional lineart.

Years
  • Sorry if I sound noobish, but is this the thread where we submit sprites that we've done? If so, could somebody critique my most recent picture. It's my display picture (well, a revamped one). Its supposed to be Dante from Devil May Cry, or at least a younger one without a trenchcoat. i intend to put it into my hack as one of the hero sprites, but I want to make sure it looks decent as well.

Any help especially with the left arm and overall shading would be greatly appreciated. This is my first forray into pixel art, which I find a tad more difficult than traditional lineart.

Your shades needs some work. The shrit is a bit plain and all. The only good part of the trainer is the pants due to shade.

~A.R

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years

its good but it needs some serious shading try again with some new shades and we'll see how you do

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Thank you Burst Ninja and Anastastia. Thanks to that PM, I was able to grasp the shading a bit more. Below are my improvements. The reason why there are two is because I wasn't sure whether or not to add a cocky smirk to Dante's face. It would seem odd to have it removed, since it kind of fits his personality, yet weird because I'm not sure if it looks out of place or not. I'm also not sure whether or not I keep the amulet on his chest. It's supposed to look like this, but right now I'm not 100% on it.

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
  • Umm.. it seems I was ignored before so ill repost my creation again..

As you can see it was based on a Lion and is a fire type,
    It was kinda rushed and im not very experienced at shading
    I dont have a name for it yet..

Ide like ideas on how to improve it and I wouldnt mind if someone tried to make it better.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Umm.. it seems I was ignored before so ill repost my creation again..

As you can see it was based on a Lion and is a fire type,
    It was kinda rushed and im not very experienced at shading
    I dont have a name for it yet..

Ide like ideas on how to improve it and I wouldnt mind if someone tried to make it better.

...hmmm...the body seems to be too long and you should add some highlights inyour shading...also you should try to use less black on the outlines...

Today 03:39 AM Ky-nim
    The hair looks flat still. But its good!

http://ky-nim.deviantart.com/art/Katie-Sprite-76694846

My attempt at D/P style. Critque?

uhm...can´t say anything but amazing...your starters look really good too...are you planning to make sprites or their evos?

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Well, I haven't made any new sprites in a while, but now I've got something new. It's Trish (also a character from Devil May Cry). I know I screwed up on her neck and pistols, but I'm hoping my shading's improved at least. Tell me what you think.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • Now, first let me get this off my chest. I suck at spriting. there's no question to that.

However, i did a simple edit to an existing sprite and was relatively pleased with the result.

it's supposed to be the possesed pikachu from the Groudon vs. kyogre Episodes in the anime. Quite a simple job, i know, but please let me know if it looks good or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Try making the lines a little thicker, and curve the straight lines on its stomach.
    For that kind of thing, use a program which supports layers, and have a seperate layer for the markings. Then duplicate the layer, and apply a glow effect.
    If you don't have a program like that, try Paint.NET. It's free, and easier to use than other programs such as Photoshop.

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    Any1 know an easy animation program i could use?
    I really wanna do animations :(

71qzra.png

For valentines day! <3 Whaddya think?
    I also edited with tinyfx (stuff you can use when you upload at tinypic =)

[URL="

Last edited:

Thunder Beam

My Current Team on Diamond
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    My Sprites

Hi, I'm really new making Sprites, here is my first attempts:

dpmfa221.png

I used Camerupt (body), Rapidash (tail but I used it make flames come out of it back), Moltres (Moltres's Flames Tail, but I used it make flames come out of it back ), and Piloswine (horn).

HitmonLeeChanTop.png

I call him "Hitmonleechantop, I used Hitmonlee legs, Hitmonchan body and arms and Hitmontop head.

If like it, I might do more.

Last edited:

Thunder Beam

My Current Team on Diamond
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    ^^^Sorry about that, here is another ones:

Ekaviper.png

I give Ekans the fangs and Tongue and Tail of Seviper

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back