• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Sorry if it's irrelevant

How do you add sprites? The 1 in my signature is from a sprite resource, but how do i add my own.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    When do they mention it?

I knew what it was, but not what it looked like. It is basically Osgiliath without the river?

It's mentioned a lot in Tolkien's works, not so much in Lord of the Rings though.

Nah, it's different to Osciliath, it had something to do with the Nume'nor iirc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    My Sprites!

Even though I am having trouble using these forums - still don't know how to mae my own thread- I have managed to put my sprites up.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Some tips to improve would be good...

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • Even though I am having trouble using these forums - still don't know how to mae my own thread- I have managed to put my sprites up.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Some tips to improve would be good...

Sorry, incorrect :)
    To upload sprites, go to https://imageshack.us/.
    Upload your file there. Then take the BOTTOM ADRESS you get, of all the options you get.
    Then copy that here, and copy the img tags around it.

(Don't use the "Hotlink for forum" option, cause it links to imageshack when clicked on. Use the bar that says "Direct link to image". At smaller images there are 4 options, bigger ones 8.
    Which is for thumbnails. Always take the bottom one.)

Last edited:

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • So-rry! Thanks for your help! Here it is:
    https://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8871/spritesyt2.png
    Some friendly critizisation.

No problem mate.
    That one works, the morphs are nice. However, I don't like the pillowshaded Wurmple.
    Simple cause pillow shading always looks crap. It's not because of you, it's just that for some reason some people want to pillow shade stuff.
    Or think that it's a good way of spriting. However, it's bad. It ignores the basic understanding of light sources and volumes. Which completely screws over your sprites.
    (Since you're new: I just want to say that non of this is ment offensive, I'm just trying to help!)

Keep it up!

Years
  • not that bad, it could be better though..
    I have not much to say about it, keep it up..
    and maybe try something different then revamping? you good enough with revamping as i see it :P

Thanks for the feedback.
    Those are actually my first attempts at spriting.

I'm getting pretty happy with the Pokemon now. So I just thought I'd try revamping some trainers before I try some other forms of spriting.
    And There's also a re-element/fusion with the revamped Pikachu and Gastly.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Could someone please rate these?

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Yeah sure...
    the Lance one is amazing and the claire one(Is she named claire in englih...can't remember...*sorry German*), too. Well the Pika one is not bad but not that good as the other two. Very nice job.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    No problem mate.
    That one works, the morphs are nice. However, I don't like the pillowshaded Wurmple.
    Simple cause pillow shading always looks crap. It's not because of you, it's just that for some reason some people want to pillow shade stuff.
    Or think that it's a good way of spriting. However, it's bad. It ignores the basic understanding of light sources and volumes. Which completely screws over your sprites.
    (Since you're new: I just want to say that non of this is ment offensive, I'm just trying to help!)

Keep it up!

Ty. Hope this ain't SPAM: Should I mix ruby sprites woth DP sprites?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ty. Hope this ain't SPAM: Should I mix ruby sprites woth DP sprites?

I don't think you should, as the DP sprites use much brighter colours (see Dragonite), and the outlining is different.

Anyway, could someone rate my tree tiles I made for my game?
    First, two ordinary trees:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Second, a large rainforest/jungle tree:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yay! Non-symmetrical trees! 100% scratch.
    An improved version of the last one will be posted soon, with vines etc.

EDIT: I have an improved version of the 2nd tree, too.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • Here are 2 work in progresses.
    The first is a request by Loquacity:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's a scratch Golem, own pose. Used some random internet references. (Sorry that his be takin so long Loqua ;( )
    And when it's done, I will also do Charizard.

The second is a personal project. I want to push myself and practice volumes, as I suck at that. This will however, not only push my lack of knowledge of volumes, but also my patience haha.
    Heavy WIP
    Spriters Showcase Thread

A Tripod from War of the Worlds by H.G Wells. Note that this Tripod is the one as it appears in Steven Spielberg's 2005 version of War of the Worlds.
    Reference page:
    https://www.ryanchurch.com/04PRO.htm
    (Top of the page, those first 3 paintings. By the way, check out his gallery while you're there. It's amazing ;) )

Years
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    Those are actually my first attempts at spriting.

I'm getting pretty happy with the Pokemon now. So I just thought I'd try revamping some trainers before I try some other forms of spriting.
    And There's also a re-element/fusion with the revamped Pikachu and Gastly.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Could someone please rate these?

Wowtcha, thex4.
    Never knew you were that good at spriting. Well done. I tip my hat for you with that, especially the Lance one, that is amazing, truly brilliant, well done.
    Maybe now you can sprite for me XD (no no kidding)
    Well, continue on! and hopefully we will see some original sprites in LoD

Giovanni

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
  • First attempt at a new pokemon!

Spriters Showcase Thread
    As you can see it was based on a Lion and is a fire type,
    It was kinda rushed and im not very experienced at shading
    I dont have a name for it yet..

Ide like ideas on how to improve it and I wouldnt mind if someone tried to make it better.

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • ooo. War of the Worlds?
    Is it finished or not? Because in some places, like the legs, there are spare lines and little shading.

I'd make the head bigger, I think it was larger than the legs. Or maybe just make them shorter..

Haha, don't worry, this is faaaaaar from finished. I will need to spend atleast 10 hours on this to get this anywhere near finished :P
    Bit late to make the head bigger, but I made make the legs smaller.
    Thanks for your input :)
    (Yes, WotW)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back