• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Forces 3D MMO (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Combusting Studios, Poe Studios would love to collaborate with you on this, and we have web programmers you can use.

~Poe Studios

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    You made an error, it's Poe Studios, we have 17 people on this account, thank you.

~Poe Studios

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Phew, so the flamewar is over. Let me put in my 2 cents.
    First, Combustion Studios, you failed to make a good first-impression. Poor pictures, claims from Nintendo, spelling errors, etc.

Then, you just show two very nice pictures. Okay, I loved them. But they were not in-game. They were on the map editor, right ?
    Then, you started telling us that we, as a ROM Hacking and Game Dev. Forum on PokeCommunity are unprofessional. I'd like to say something.

Pokemon Raptor - Fangame made on RMXP by O.G Duke, completed, it has all 493 Pokemon on PtHGSS sprites. Doing this is totally legal, story and region fanmade, etc. Not asking any money, not saying it is professional. Also using proper grammar in his posts. (talking about OG Duke here).

Pokemon Quartz - The Baro, ah, The Baro... he created an entire [fugly] Pokedex ! Do you even know how much effort that takes ? On the top of making Corna (which, yeah, is based on Hoenn) took a lot of his time and life. Nevertheless, he's working on a SEQUEL - Pokemon Marble. He shows a promising future, who knows : Pokemon Inc. might hire him !

destinedjagold and the Ruby Destiny Games : This guy is the real deal. He and his team made 3 ROM Hacks, 2 completely (with patches still coming out ) done. I've played his games twice, I enjoyed every bit of them.

All of those guys are here on PC, take a look. Do they make you look bad ?
    Yes.

Oh, and this is a 12 year old guy speaking. Ask the community, I am one of the youngest folks around. yet, I used better grammar than a company formed of adults.

I might go deeper, telling you how I've been playing English video games since I was just 3, but... you wouldn't believe me.

So, I'll keep an eye out and probably give you some English lessons ! :-)

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Phew, so the flamewar is over. Let me put in my 2 cents.
    First, Combustion Studios, you failed to make a good first-impression. Poor pictures, claims from Nintendo, spelling errors, etc.

Then, you just show two very nice pictures. Okay, I loved them. But they were not in-game. They were on the map editor, right ?
    Then, you started telling us that we, as a ROM Hacking and Game Dev. Forum on PokeCommunity are unprofessional. I'd like to say something.

Pokemon Raptor - Fangame made on RMXP by O.G Duke, completed, it has all 493 Pokemon on PtHGSS sprites. Doing this is totally legal, story and region fanmade, etc. Not asking any money, not saying it is professional. Also using proper grammar in his posts. (talking about OG Duke here).

Pokemon Quartz - The Baro, ah, The Baro... he created an entire [fugly] Pokedex ! Do you even know how much effort that takes ? On the top of making Corna (which, yeah, is based on Hoenn) took a lot of his time and life. Nevertheless, he's working on a SEQUEL - Pokemon Marble. He shows a promising future, who knows : Pokemon Inc. might hire him !

destinedjagold and the Ruby Destiny Games : This guy is the real deal. He and his team made 3 ROM Hacks, 2 completly (with pathces still coming out ) done. I've played his games twice, I enjoyed every bit of them.

All of those guys are here on PC, take a look. Do they make you look bad ?
    Yes.

Oh, and this is a 12 year old guy speaking. Ask the community, I am one of the youngest folks around. yet, I used better grammar than a company formed of adults.

I might go deeper, telling you how I've been playing English video games since I was just 3, but... you wouldn't believe me.

So, I'll keep an eye out and probably give you some English lessons ! :-)

you're right, 560 but you actually made a few spelling errors yourself, though its not as bad as CS's

@poe, can my 5 year old brother join Poe Studios, he really "wants to be apart of are team"<-(the official phrase of professional gamedev recruitment applications)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Oops, my bad.
    Well, I am 12 but me and Bill Gates are in the basement with some beer chatting about Microsoft products. :-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    Pretty sure I'm done here.

No, actually, I'm not insane. I had the same issue with Firefox that I had earlier where I didn't see the newer posts. So yeah.

And, Poeman, your comments are amazing. lol

But Ace, you just joined Poeman's comments about their lack of professionalism, which was a part of the flamewar previously, so how about we not talk about my comments but then do that right afterwards, yeah? Thanks.

And those pics actually do look decent, but, and excuse me if I missed the answer to this, are those actually gameplay scenes or cutscenes?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, actually, I'm not insane. I had the same issue with Firefox that I had earlier where I didn't see the newer posts. So yeah.

But Ace, you just joined Poeman's comments about their lack of professionalism, which was a part of the flamewar previously, so how about we not talk about my comments but then do that right afterwards, yeah? Thanks.

And those pics actually do look decent, but, and excuse me if I missed the answer to this, are those actually gameplay scenes or cutscenes?

sorry about that I was in a bad mood T_T.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • No, actually, I'm not insane. I had the same issue with Firefox that I had earlier where I didn't see the newer posts. So yeah.

Actually, those pics are taken from the map editor : meaning they were just mapped and colored, not put into the actual game.

Ha, and he ran : how much has it been since he last updated ?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I'd put a little more work into those models. Try a small vertx weild to fix the eyes, and set up smoothing groups.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Combusting Studios neither owns nor claims to own any portion of the Pokemon Franchise. Combusting Studios is an unaffiliated, fan-created game based on products owned by the companies listed below. All custom artwork and coding for Pokemon: Forces is credited to their creators, but intellectual property is owned by the companies listed below as well.

Pokemon Copyright © 1995 - 2010 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc. Pokemon And All Respective Names are Trademarks ™ of Nintendo 1996-2010

Wait...I don't get it anymore :S Didn't you say you got the green light under the Pokemon franchise? Or was it just me? I thought everyone here was trying to prove that you have no permission from Nintendo, while you claimed you had, and now you are unaffiliated? So you're basically admitting that you were lying about being commercial? :S I seriously don't know what to think right now. So you do and don't have Nintendo's legal permissions at the same time.....hmmm? Maybe I'm missing something here...

As one Game Dev to another, I don't think you'll get the input here you hoped for. Seriously...for you the smartest thing to do here is leave, and find another forum to advertise the game on (and I mean this in a good way, you'll get more supporters elsewhere). On the second note, I think the effort is there, but you're jumping way ahead of yourselves. Start small first. It was unnecessary to state you were an official company (see the "debate" that happened?) I recommend, just doing what you do, keep a low profile at the beginning, get some stunning basework done, and then go in for the big hit. There are plenty of skeptics around the globe (me being one of them), so we aren't just going to eat what you serve us.

Also names don't mean anything, I have "S.J. Industries" (LOL), and it is just something me and my brother started for fun, and to make fun of certain individuals. Even if I did have 17 dev members, I think going around saying we're an official company is just exaggerating it. All I can say now is good luck trying to get the support you were aiming at, and do some more work before you present yourself as a real company.

P.S. Every time I check Game Updates, the box is empty...it's not only my computer....I tried on 3 others.

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • We are short on updates at this moment do to mostly working on the map and buildings. Also we never mentioned we were commercial, I don't know where that even came from. We are unaffiliated as we mentioned, we never spoke of being commercial. Please also restrain to commenting only on the development of the game, as we release bits of information to the community instead of emphasizing the legal concerns which we have taken care of.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Hahahahahahah XD Hahahaha xD Hahahhahaaaa :D:D:D:D:D

I swear, this is the funniest topic that I've seen in a while. I mean.... HAHAHAHAHA XD XD XD
    There are two things that make this funny.
    - First, you guys are actually trying to make confess into saying that he's a fake, by using reason, other serious arguments and whatnot. While he's probably just a stupid 10 year old having fun behind his PC...
    - Two, him being a complete idiot by trying to keep this going...

If Yuoaman or any other forum mod were to close this topic... Well I'd have to slap you for ruining my 3 minutes of fun I'm having out of this topic every day.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • We are short on updates at this moment do to mostly working on the map and buildings. Also we never mentioned we were commercial, I don't know where that even came from. We are unaffiliated as we mentioned, we never spoke of being commercial. Please also restrain to commenting only on the development of the game, as we release bits of information to the community instead of emphasizing the legal concerns which we have taken care of.

You said that you had permission to develop a game involving one of Nintendo's properties - in other words, you were affiliated with them.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    We are short on updates at this moment do to mostly working on the map and buildings. Also we never mentioned we were commercial, I don't know where that even came from. We are unaffiliated as we mentioned, we never spoke of being commercial. Please also restrain to commenting only on the development of the game, as we release bits of information to the community instead of emphasizing the legal concerns which we have taken care of.
    "Last edited by Combusting Studios; September 24th, 2010 at 11:34 PM."
    for the OP...

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Man, fail Combusting... You DID say you had permission from Nintendo to make this game, you told us all that you were afflitiated with them, and even that you had talked to them over a phone. Common we all saw you wrote it, there is no way you can deny it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Man, fail Combusting... You DID say you had permission from Nintendo to make this game, you told us all that you were afflitiated with them, and even that you had talked to them over a phone. Common we all saw you wrote it, there is no way you can deny it.

I just read the whole thread. This studio said the following-
    1. You are commercial
    2. You "HAVE" permission from Nintendo, but you DID NOT MENTION if you have permission from NoA, Nintendo of Japan, and the other variations, including GAMEFREAK. Meaning, you are affiliated with an unknown Nintendo group.
    3. Nintendo's lawyers are very strict. In fact, they'll go after this game even after it's under the rug.
    3b. With men in big black suits.

Also, I highly doubt that this is anything but realistic. I'm with a Ukrainian game dev. company, and I have studied Nintendo's followings through press releases and so on. Nintendo will delete this, like they took over Pokemon Crater years ago. I could make a game faster than this sees the light of day.

[???="I do too, but English is my third language"]Plus, your site has grammar issues.[/???]

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    You guys should really drop the affiliation of this project to Nintendo. He might not have permission, but that doesn't mean you should keep ranting about it. I'm not choosing any sides here, nor do I want to sounds as if I'm back-modding. S=

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back