• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen An annoying glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm new.

So, recently, I've encountered an annoying glitch. One that doesn't seem to be noted anywhere else on the internet.

It started when I put a Steelix up for trade, to get a Zorua. At this point, I had 1 free slot. I then went to go look for one in the public trades. I found one, traded an Amaura. I then went back, and collected my Steelix.

So here's where the problems start. I switch my new Zorua into my first slot, and go into a battle. But instead of my Zoroa being shown, it is showing my Chespin, which is in my 6th slot. So now the HUD says Chespin and shows my Chespin, but with the Zorua's level, gender moves and HP. I initially though the game had just read the wrong files and it would go away in my next battle.

But it hasn't. No matter what slot any of my Pokémon are in, it will always appear as a Chespin, with my Chespin's name.

I've even bred that Zorua to try and get a normal one, but all of the kids have it too!

I really don't want to start again. So are there any ways in which I can solve this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Whoa this is the first I've heard of this. Sorry to hear this happened man. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Yeah, so do I XD. I have a 40 hour savefile and I do NOT want to do this again. I've already had to restart my game about 3 times due to various other glitches

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm new.

So, recently, I've encountered an annoying glitch. One that doesn't seem to be noted anywhere else on the internet.

It started when I put a Steelix up for trade, to get a Zorua. At this point, I had 1 free slot. I then went to go look for one in the public trades. I found one, traded an Amaura. I then went back, and collected my Steelix.

So here's where the problems start. I switch my new Zorua into my first slot, and go into a battle. But instead of my Zoroa being shown, it is showing my Chespin, which is in my 6th slot. So now the HUD says Chespin and shows my Chespin, but with the Zorua's level, gender moves and HP. I initially though the game had just read the wrong files and it would go away in my next battle.

But it hasn't. No matter what slot any of my Pokémon are in, it will always appear as a Chespin, with my Chespin's name.

I've even bred that Zorua to try and get a normal one, but all of the kids have it too!

I really don't want to start again. So are there any ways in which I can solve this?

Thanks.

I don't know if you know, but Zorua has the ability "Illusion" which comes out disguised as the Pokémon in the party's last spot.

Unless it is ALWAYS showing Chespin even though it's not in the last spot of the party, then that's a bug.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back