Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore the first 3D Pokémon region while putting a stop to Team Flare. Then, revisit the Hoenn region with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old January 29th, 2015 (4:00 PM). Edited March 4th, 2016 by Nah.

X/Y Quick Questions and Answers

If you are looking for some help/have some questions regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y or have an answer to one of the questions posted here, then you're in the right place. Before you start posting though, please take a look at these guidelines first:

Thread Rules
-This thread is not for chatting or discussions; questions and answers only please.
-Don't post and/or ask about ROM hacks in this thread, there's a whole ROM Hacking section for that. Don't ask here about emulators either.
-This thread is not for trade, battle, or Friend Code requests. Those go elsewhere.
-Oh yeah and you can make thank you posts.
-All PokeCommunity and X/Y rules still apply, just in case you thought they didn't.

Helpful Links
-Need to make a trade? Try here.
-Looking for other people to battle? Use this thread.
-Need help with building a competitive team? You'll wanna look here.
-Want to add more people to your 3DS friends list or need Friend Safaris? We got you covered over here.

Previous Q&A thread is here.

There is also an FAQ. Check it out to see if that happens to answer your question.

Alright people, ask away!

"Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

D&D6th Gen

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 31st, 2015 (12:31 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    Is there any math on the mechanics of Sleep? Cause I hav been trying to catch Entei for horus now (and resetting when it gets the wrong nature or an IV in a stat I won't use, etc) so all told I am estimating around 70 - 80 turns of just putting it to sleep and throwing repeat balls I have been fighting Entei. Now, I have been using Sleep once I get it's HP down to 1 and TWICE it has stayed asleep more than one turn. Every single other time without fail it goes to sleep the turn I use the sleep move on, and then wakes up the very next turn after I have thrown ONE pokeball. The 75% chance of burning, and it knowing to use Swagger the same turn I use Full Restore (even if it was the turn AFTER it already used Swagger!) is getting extremely frsutrating so I just want to know the mechanics of sleep if possible because it seems like absolutely every other pokemon (deoxys and Rayqauz included) at least SOMETIMES stay asleep for more than half a turn!
    Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
    My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
    Old February 4th, 2015 (11:45 AM).
    Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
      Don't know where this go but question is darkrai shiny with Kalos pentagon, possible or not?
      My Thread Review ---> HERE
      Old February 4th, 2015 (12:03 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
      Don't know where this go but question is darkrai shiny with Kalos pentagon, possible or not?
      There was one event where they gave anyway Darkrais during the showing of the Diancie movie in Japan or something, so if that event wasn't shiny locked it could be possible.

I'd ask in this thread though to make sure:
      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304470

The people down there would know more about this kind of thing.

@Howmander: I think you just had some really mukty luck there

D&D6th Gen
      Old February 4th, 2015 (12:50 PM).
      Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Ok thanks I will ask there and post more details.
        My Thread Review ---> HERE
        Old February 5th, 2015 (1:41 AM).

When should I renew Pokemon Bank? I don't want to do it too early because I still have days left that I don't want to go unused, but I don't want to risk doing it too late either just in case I lose everything. Has anyone else renewed theirs yet? Does the year start from as soon as you pay, or is it added onto the end of whatever days you currently have left?
          Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
          My first battle in a competition, January 2016: I call this "never give up!" :D YNUW-WWWW-WW3F-FMAQ
          Old February 5th, 2015 (9:21 PM).
          Advanced Hacker

I hope this is not a dumb question, but how do you remove your skin color so you can see through your characters face? People (hackers) online do it and unless they are using a rom I probably have the equipment to do so, too. I just don't know how.

Old February 5th, 2015 (9:56 PM).

I've never heard of that, would you happen to have a pic showing us what you mean?
              Old February 6th, 2015 (5:29 AM). Edited February 6th, 2015 by KururuMan.
              Advanced Hacker

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                When should I renew Pokemon Bank? I don't want to do it too early because I still have days left that I don't want to go unused, but I don't want to risk doing it too late either just in case I lose everything. Has anyone else renewed theirs yet? Does the year start from as soon as you pay, or is it added onto the end of whatever days you currently have left?
                You do not lose everything once your pass expires. Once this happens, you are unable to upload Pokemon to the bank, but you can bring them back as you please. From that standpoint, you should wait until the day after your pass expires.

Let me find a pic of the no face thing. Might be a while. Edit: i.ytimg.com/vi/dwtNMnj8QMg/hqdefault.jpg

Old February 8th, 2015 (7:08 AM).
                actual potato

Nature: Sassy
                  There are Diggersby in Centrico Plaza... Do you think there's any connection to the fact that a Clemont has a Bunnelby in the anime?
                  Old February 8th, 2015 (7:24 AM).
                  are you my dad?
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • EOEvent Organizer

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kartöflur View Post
                  There are Diggersby in Centrico Plaza... Do you think there's any connection to the fact that a Clemont has a Bunnelby in the anime?
                  I don't really think they're there intentionally, given the games are often made before the anime. So I'm just assuming the Diggersby are there just for aesthetic purposes.
                  Old February 13th, 2015 (1:34 AM). Edited February 13th, 2015 by Howmander.

I'm STILL having trouble figuring out what to do with my Smeargle so any suggestions would be great (except for Mind Reader + Sheer Cold, I already have that in the back of my mind but has been using that since Gen 3 so I am just looking for something to change things up, also don't suggest a Baton Passer because I also already have a second Smeargle specifically for that, this smeargle I want to use as an actual attacker of some sort)

Which is more useful:

Transform
                    Dark Void
                    Confuse Ray
                    Leech Seed

or

Transform
                    Dark Void
                    Gastro Acid
                    Leech Seed

Basically in both sets I'm trying to put the opponent to sleep long enough to load up status effects and then transform into it so I can then attack it. I thought of moves to lower it's attacks, but then when I transform into it my attacks are lowered too. Basically the only thing I am set on is having Transform, everything else is pretty open.

(note: disregard my previous question, I did find out that using Gastro Acid first then tranform does NOT negate you from getting the original ability of the pokemon you're copying)
                    Old February 13th, 2015 (4:50 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
                    I'm STILL having trouble figuring out what to do with my Smeargle so any suggestions would be great (except for Mind Reader + Sheer Cold, I already have that in the back of my mind but has been using that since Gen 3 so I am just looking for something to change things up, also don't suggest a Baton Passer because I also already have a second Smeargle specifically for that, this smeargle I want to use as an actual attacker of some sort)

Which is more useful:

Transform
                    Dark Void
                    Confuse Ray
                    Leech Seed

or

Transform
                    Dark Void
                    Gastro Acid
                    Leech Seed

Basically in both sets I'm trying to put the opponent to sleep long enough to load up status effects and then transform into it so I can then attack it. I thought of moves to lower it's attacks, but then when I transform into it my attacks are lowered too. Basically the only thing I am set on is having Transform, everything else is pretty open.
                    I'd say the second one. Confusion is kinda unreliable, and most Pokemon really don't like losing their ability. Even if they switch out, the incoming Pokemon will lose its ability to Gastro Acid.

D&D6th Gen
                    Old February 13th, 2015 (5:02 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Zekrom View Post
                      I'd say the second one. Confusion is kinda unreliable, and most Pokemon really don't like losing their ability. Even if they switch out, the incoming Pokemon will lose its ability to Gastro Acid.
                      Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, I'll do the second moveset and try it out and see how it works out.
                      Old February 16th, 2015 (12:40 PM).

Nature: Modest
                        Hello! I am in the midst of trying to complete a 'live' Pokedex for the Kalos region and I have encountered a problem of sorts. I can't seem to level my Pokemon up in a timely manner. For instance, Noibat, Tyrunt, and Aurorus are the stinkers that come to mind. Does anybody know a good location with high leveled Pokemon? [Besides Victory Road] Or trainers that have decent 'mons? Thanks in advance.

Old February 16th, 2015 (12:41 PM).
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
                        Personally, the area i'm most content with is using Sweet Scent in Terminus Cave and battling the Durant there. With those, you'll get over 4000 EXP with the Lucky Egg after one horde. It's not terribly fast, but it'll tide you over at least long enough to get the evolutions or reach to Level 50 you may need.
                        Old February 16th, 2015 (12:42 PM).
                        Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer is offline
                        I burn!

Nature: Relaxed
                          I use the Battle Chateau to Grind, Gym Leaders, the Elite four and the Champion all turn up there.
                          Old February 16th, 2015 (12:44 PM).
                          are you my dad?
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • EOEvent Organizer

A great place to grind is against certain trainers in the Battle Chateau (the Furisode Girls there) who use only Audino on their teams, and with a Black Writ of Challenge in effect they get to around Level 55/65 which allows them to give sizable chunks of EXP.

It's recommended to have the Exp. Share on, by using a stronger Pokemon to defeat the Audinos while the rest of the team mooch off the EXP. The trainers in question are unlocked once you reach the Marquis/Marchioness rank.
                          Old February 16th, 2015 (12:57 PM).
                          Vampire Waifu

There's the route on the right side of Victory Road, the Battle Chateau, your rival, and the Elite Four. Those are the highest levels you can get.
                            Old February 16th, 2015 (1:27 PM).

Does anyone know how to upload the VS. Recorder battles from the SD card to the PC. I know you can't just simply put the SD card directly into the PC and search the files. I've looked on the internet but not really found an answer either
                              Weaknesses
                              First and Last
                              Old February 16th, 2015 (2:22 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by zman929 View Post
                              Hello! I am in the midst of trying to complete a 'live' Pokedex for the Kalos region and I have encountered a problem of sorts. I can't seem to level my Pokemon up in a timely manner. For instance, Noibat, Tyrunt, and Aurorus are the stinkers that come to mind. Does anybody know a good location with high leveled Pokemon? [Besides Victory Road] Or trainers that have decent 'mons? Thanks in advance.
                              One other thing you can try is Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. Rotations is best, to let 2 other Pokemon get the full exp of being in the battle without having to worry about them getting attacked. Lucky Egg and Exp O power is very helpful too. The shrooms you get afterwards make up for the high entry fee.

Also moving this into our Q&A thread.

D&D6th Gen
                              Old February 16th, 2015 (9:52 PM).
                              Last Shadow

Nature: Docile
                                Is it better to purchase a digital copy or physical copy of the game and if DIGITAL, how big in BYTES the files are to be downloaded?

♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ Travel Log
                                Old February 16th, 2015 (10:17 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Yeyinde View Post
                                  Is it better to purchase a digital copy or physical copy of the game and if DIGITAL, how big in BYTES the files are to be downloaded?
                                  I always prefer the physical games over digital games because if your devices gets stolen, destroyed, damaged through water or whatever, everything you have is gone, whereas if it's a physical game it's just that one game (yes, I know that you can re download digital games, but look at the apple app store or the google play store, just because some digital programs and games are available NOW doesn't mean they will be available years from now) also if you have a friend or family member that wants to try one of your games you can just lend out the game rather than giving your whole game system. Also, if you start accumulating a lot of games that you no longer play, you can trade them in for credit at some game stores, whereas with digital games, nada.

As for the size of Pokemon, it's not bytes, it's almost 2 GIGABYTES ( http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/pokemon_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphires_file_size_is_a_bit_of_a_pocket_monster ) so that's another reason I prefer physical games, you don't need to ever worry about losing space or needing to buy another SD Card when you want to buy a new game.
                                  Old February 16th, 2015 (10:24 PM).
                                  Last Shadow

Nature: Docile
                                    If I purchase and I stopped the download, will I able to download again without buying it?

♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ Travel Log
                                    Old February 16th, 2015 (10:29 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Yeyinde View Post
                                      If I purchase and I stopped the download, will I able to download again without buying it?
                                      Why would someone do that? And no, you purchase digital games first and once your payment goes through, then you can download it. (you can't download it first and then pay for it afterwards)
                                      Closed Thread

Quick Reply