• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
  • Kinda wish PC would host a "halloween movie fest" where we can visit a livestream and watch some of the classic movies during the weekend before Halloween (or ON Halloween if people don't have any plans!).

That's a BRILLIANT idea! I'd vote for that... a good way for the PCers to get together and enjoy some Halloween goodness.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^tempted to go ask staff to see if they wanna go for that event...I might be able to host it, but that depends on work schedule and stuffs.

Did everyone check out the PC Battle Server's Community Day? It was a lot different than the past few Community Days!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I likely won't be able to watch anything if we wind up hosting some Halloween movie fest event thanks to my Internet connection being slow and whatnot, but could definitely imagine it being fun for others, so my support is always there!

Yup, I was there during CommDay; participated in a couple of tournaments, too. Had to forfeit from my last one, unfortunately, as I had to go somewhere. It was definitely fun, though; since more people are around than usual during Community Days, tournies generally tend to be a lot more big and interesting. Wanted to take part in Cards Against Humanity matches, but couldn't due to my connection.

Years
  • Hello, hello.

Username: White Mage
    Reason for Joining the Club: PC is a great place with awesome members!
    Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario

If you've been a member of PC for a while, have you participated in any Halloween-themed events that the forum had hosted?
    I honestly can't remember, haha. I don't think so, but I would love to participate in a Halloween event soon! I think a Halloween Movie Fest is an awesome idea, though! I would definitely participate.

And I was there during CommDay! Participated in a few tournaments and won one. Too bad there wasn't enough interest for a SSB4 tournament, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah! I felt bad too. I wanted to smash peeps so badly. xD

I'm really excited that more randobats were added, including the PC Staff Randbats, and more Hoenn related Randbats. I was there all day yesterday, and glad I spent my day off there! It was fun getting to know others.

Years
  • I didn't chat as much this Commday, but I did play in a few random battle tourneys. Sadly I lost in the first round in every one of them, because I kept forfeiting due to unfair advantages on the opposing side.

I still did have a one-off Community Random against Megan and won that so yeah at least that makes up for my terrible form in the tourneys. But I'm sure I can do better next time and hopefully win a tourney again which I haven't done in ages.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sadly, I don't believe I've ever won any tournament before, haha. Was pretty close at one point, though. However, none of this is really a big deal; I participate mainly for enjoyment.

As for more battle formats, I'm excited about them, too! Super Smash Brothers one is pretty fun, as it houses an interesting combination of Pokémon and whatnot. I've battled only once with this particular option, but will try some more once I get the chance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was close to winning one tourney in commday recently, I'll try harder with better luck though!

Y'all should try PC staff randoms. It's a greeeeeat tier. SSB is also good!

Years
  • I haven't been on the server in like... a month or two. D: Which is sad but it's harder for me to pop by and remember to check in a tab. The downloadable version of PS sucks though lol. -GETS ON NOW-

Commdays always seemed insanely fun so I'd like to get in on that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really get on the server much anymore, I think my attention span keeps on shortening so I have a hard time paying attention enough to even win one battle. However this past comday I almost won a tourney, almost.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For a new topic--speaking of our server and whatnot, if you were to create your own battle format there, what would it be, and how would it work? What would you name this particular formatting?

As for me, I'd likely put together something known as "Johto Random," featuring Pokémon that are from Johto region only. A majority of Pokémon from this region seem to go underutilized, sadly (Delibird and Stantler would be great examples), so hopefully, this should help a little in that regard. At least within our server. Similarly, I would also make "Kanto Random."

If there's a way, perhaps I would also consider creating "Team Swap" format, if possible. Basically, this would allow us to switch teams with opponent when battling. Of course, we could already do such things manually by going into team-builder, but this would generally save us a lot of trouble.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • For Team Swap, would it be like both opponents have their own OU teams and they switch them upon entering the battle? That would be amazing to try out! I'd like to pwn them with THEIR OU team since my OU team kinda sucks :x

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yup, that's how it would work! I could imagine some taking advantage of this by giving Pokémon silly sets, so to speak, but chances of it happening would likely remain low; hopefully, it'll still be fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hopefully, I'll get around to it next time I see him on the server, haha.

Anyhow, bump, bump. So, I know Christmas is still about a month away, but how are we all planning to celebrate it thus far in PC? Supporters might be having some event known as Secret Santa, where participants get applied to each other, which would remain secret to everyone aside from host (and would be revealed once it's time and whatnot), and if we sign-up, we'd have to create and deliver some present of sorts, whether it be a signature banner, avatar, or anything else we could think of.

How many of us are going to participate in Secret Santa? What kind of gift would you be giving? Me--I'll definitely try. I've taken part in last year's, if I remember correctly, and it was pretty fun! When I had signed-up, I was set to present Fairy with something, which wound up to be an avatar (thankfully, she liked it!). This time around, I'm not precisely sure as to what I'll be gifting as of yet, unfortunately.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The better question would be WHO'S going to be doing Secret Santa for the supporters. How about we do one for the public? but it's proooobably going to be a bit hectic haha.

Anyways, holiday plans are secure here on PC. I'm doing a Christmas fan club all December long, kinda similar to what I've done with Club Nightmare in October, only to be a lot better with topics, and we might even hold a contest. My activity will be better this year, because I'm not planning to leave for the holidays.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wasn't able to do much things for Pokémon Gaming Central during Halloween due to busyness and whatnot (my plan was to gather people and play some game together prior to or during Halloween night, consisting of only ghost-types on our team), so I'll be trying my best to make up for the lack during Christmas. I'll probably be hosting a create-a-Pokémon event, where entrants are required to create Christmas-themed Pokémon with ability, move-pool, stats, sets, and so forth. There likely wouldn't be any winner; every participant will be getting an emblem.

As for Secret Santa host, I'm not sure. D= It looks like we'll have to wait and find out!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In unrelated PC news, I'm getting all the hype ready for the ORAS release! :D The ORAS section has blossomed to be a great section filled with speculation and so much more. I remember how it all started with just a sticky thread about remakes speculation, and when the news was announced, it became a section itself. Man, are we getting old or what? xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Bump, bump. So, it seems that Megan is hosting Secret Santa for us this year; have any of us signed-up thus far? I was planning to, but did not get around to it yet, unfortunately. Though, I soon will!

It's great to see ORAS forum flourishing in activity like this, haha. However, I haven't been hanging around the place as much, personally, even though I likely should. I wish I were able to share my Secret Base QR code and whatnot, but sadly, it requires wi-fi, in some form; we do have it in our house, but for some reason, the new router we've bought doesn't seem to be connecting to Nintendo devices, which is preventing from doing some things.

I'll be purchasing another one later this month, and hopefully, that will fix it up.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I'm actually participating as a Secret Santa!

Though, I kinda wish I could personally make something. But what I'm making, I'm sure they'll like it. :3

Not really keen on ORAS, so I haven't even touched those threads. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back