• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
  • game: fire red
    editor: PKSV
    script:
    Spoiler:

As you can see i have trainerbattle 0x1 command here with three comands on it: 0x874028C, 0x87402C3 and @ending
    but @ending dont work after battle what is wrong ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    I am in the current process of making my own hack of pokemon ruby

I have advance map and know how to use it, but I need help with writing scripts for it

I use notepad, then compile script, then I burn it to rom, but my problem comes in when I go to actually test the game... It brings up a totally different language and I don't know how to change it... Plz help!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    This question involves changing the script of an in-game trade with an NPC. I tried decompiling the script for one of these in-game trades, but I couldn't pinpoint a spot that contains the info about the pokemon being offered and asked for. Any thoughts on how to edit the pokemon involved in the trade? Let's say I want to get a hitmonchan for a vulpix... haha

(By the way, this current script is for the man that offers a Jynx in return for a Poliwhirl.)

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • This question involves changing the script of an in-game trade with an NPC. I tried decompiling the script for one of these in-game trades, but I couldn't pinpoint a spot that contains the info about the pokemon being offered and asked for. Any thoughts on how to edit the pokemon involved in the trade? Let's say I want to get a hitmonchan for a vulpix... haha

(By the way, this current script is for the man that offers a Jynx in return for a Poliwhirl.)

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!

Ok, don't trust my word as definite, but I THINK the data determining the buffers and the Pokemon needed is stored in the trade itself, which is editable with a program I found on either Pokecommunity or Google, I can't remember which. I haven't gotten far enough into my hack to test this out, but it seems logical, because in that script I also can't find any spot that identifies the Pokemon.

PeregrineFig

Years
  • I'm having great difficulty getting this script to work. Usually I can get movement scripts working without a problem, but something's wrong with this one, apparently. The spriteface command works properly, but the applymovement player before it doesn't. The player doesn't move, and the game doesn't unlock after the script finishes.

Spoiler:

That second MOVE_PLAYER on the first offset is what won't work. I've tried it with and without various waitmovement commands, and still the same result.

Note: I seem to always have this problem when there's a movement right before the end of a script, which is why I started using spriteface, I had the same thing happen when trying to make an NPC face down. I'd really like to know how to stop this.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I'm having great difficulty getting this script to work. Usually I can get movement scripts working without a problem, but something's wrong with this one, apparently. The spriteface command works properly, but the applymovement player before it doesn't. The player doesn't move, and the game doesn't unlock after the script finishes.

Spoiler:

That second MOVE_PLAYER on the first offset is what won't work. I've tried it with and without various waitmovement commands, and still the same result.

Note: I seem to always have this problem when there's a movement right before the end of a script, which is why I started using spriteface, I had the same thing happen when trying to make an NPC face down. I'd really like to know how to stop this.

What about this one? (I've optimized it a little too).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
  • With that one I had the same thing happen, but sooner. Once it tries to execute the waitmovement command, it just locks up and I can't do anything at all. I'm wondering if it's something to do with my map somehow, because I have other movement scripts using waitmovement 0x0 that work properly.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    With that one I had the same thing happen, but sooner. Once it tries to execute the waitmovement command, it just locks up and I can't do anything at all. I'm wondering if it's something to do with my map somehow, because I have other movement scripts using waitmovement 0x0 that work properly.

Uhm, what if you put the script on a clean ROM and see what happens?

PeregrineFig

Years
  • Uhm, what if you put the script on a clean ROM and see what happens?

I wrote it to a totally clean FireRed ROM and the same exact thing happened, so it looks like some issue with the script, not the ROM itself. I'm comparing it to other movement scripts right now to see if I can find the issue.

Edit: Gah, I fixed it, it was my own dumb mistake, I didn't put the #raw 0xFE commands at the end of the movement strings. Once I added those it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help though :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I wrote it to a totally clean FireRed ROM and the same exact thing happened, so it looks like some issue with the script, not the ROM itself. I'm comparing it to other movement scripts right now to see if I can find the issue.

Edit: Gah, I fixed it, it was my own dumb mistake, I didn't put the #raw 0xFE commands at the end of the movement strings. Once I added those it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help though :)

It was so obvious I didn't even notice it xD
    Oh, well. Glad it got fixed. BTW, updated my previous post.

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Uhm... I'm wondering what could be wrong... What happens if you put the same trainer with the same scripts etc. on a clean ROM?
    Hey sorry I haven't replied in a while. I've been busy. But I put all of the scripts of the gym trainers and the leader on a clean rom and it worked fine.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Gym Leader Script
    XSE
    Spoiler:

The script won't move onto the battle. I know it registers the flag as unset, since it will take me to the first string of text, but it won't let the actual battle begin.

Edit: Sorry, I figured it out. I had used the wrong trainer in the set.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    There might not be anything wrong with the script, I put in the original unedited Grunt script (which works in a normal Emerald ROM), and it still froze. I can't post an image of my advance map b/c I still don't have 15 posts T_T
    But I don't have the variable number or value put in, that have anything to do w/my problem?
    Didn't see an answer to this, so I'll post one.
    Set the Unknown value to three, Var Number to 4050 (you can use others, but for now let's keep it simple). It should work after that. I also recommend using waitmovement 0x0 instead of pause, btw, it's more effective for singular movements, and lockall/releaseall instead of lock/release for this script.
    Hope that helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back