• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
I didn't see this covered in any tutorial; what's the command to check a Pokemon's friendship level? (I also can't remember if and where this command occurred in FireRed, which is pretty pathetic considering I've beaten the game like twelve times...)
I THINK it might've been Daisy, if it's not her, then you should probably check the Sevii Islands NPCs.

BTW, thanks for the link to the XSE tutorial, it really helps ^_^

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I didn't see this covered in any tutorial; what's the command to check a Pokemon's friendship level? (I also can't remember if and where this command occurred in FireRed, which is pretty pathetic considering I've beaten the game like twelve times...)

It a special. Check Daisy's script in Palett Town.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Um, I started redoing my script in XSE, it locks the sprites, but nothing happens. I'm convinced I did something wrong, but no one is telling me :(

Script:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
1. If I were to add a second level script to a map (The way Diego's XSE tutorial gives) would it be the same steps? Or would it be easier/possible to add a checkflag branching off before the setvar command?

(Wow did that even make sense? xD)

2. I'm having some problems some problems with the Movesprite command too, I have this in my script:

Movesprite 0x6 0xC 0xE
To move Sprite (Person event number 6) to the co-ordinates (12,14) however the sprite just disappears from it's first location and doesn't move to where I want it, it's just... gone :S

Anyway I can fix that? I really need an instant movement command.

@mars1040 if you want to lock all sprites on the map use the command lockall and releaseall as lock on it's own only effects the sprite you have talked to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
@mars1040 if you want to lock all sprites on the map use the command lockall and releaseall as lock on it's own only effects the sprite you have talked to.
I tried that but everything locked and nothing happened :(

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@mars1040 Are you definitely compiling it right? I can't see anything fundamentally wrong with your script (but don't hold me to that, I'm no pro XD).

[edit]

I added another question to my post (2 posts above this) as well now, any answers would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I tried that but everything locked and nothing happened :(
What if you replace the pause commands with some waitmovement ones? Also, make sure you're compiling and assigning the script correctly.
Don't forget to read the built-in guide from the Help menu, in case you didn't already.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
@mars1040 Are you definitely compiling it right? I can't see anything fundamentally wrong with your script (but don't hold me to that, I'm no pro XD).
I am compiling it correctly, but nothing's happending. Apparently, I'm missing something.

And HackMew, I can't select Guide in the XSE help menu. I'll try the waitmovement, but the sprite doesn't do anything.

Edit: It didn't work :(

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1. If I were to add a second level script to a map (The way Diego's XSE tutorial gives) would it be the same steps? Or would it be easier/possible to add a checkflag branching off before the setvar command?

(Wow did that even make sense? xD)

2. I'm having some problems some problems with the Movesprite command too, I have this in my script:

Movesprite 0x6 0xC 0xE
To move Sprite (Person event number 6) to the co-ordinates (12,14) however the sprite just disappears from it's first location and doesn't move to where I want it, it's just... gone :S

Anyway I can fix that? I really need an instant movement command.

1. Depends. What do you need to do with that script?
2. Are you sure the coordinates are correct? Don't forget the coordinates AM shows you are in hex.

I am compiling it correctly, but nothing's happending. Apparently, I'm missing something.

And HackMew, I can't select Guide in the XSE help menu. I'll try the waitmovement, but the sprite doesn't do anything.

Edit: It didn't work :(

If you can't select the guide it means you didn't extract all the files from the XSE zipped archive. It's a file called "Guide.chm" which should be in the same folder where the XSE executable is.

Anyway, please describe step-by-step what are you doing exactly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
1. Depends. What do you need to do with that script?
2. Are you sure the coordinates are correct? Don't forget the coordinates AM shows you are in hex.

Ah thanks that'll do it << Silly me needlessly converting things XD

As to the first question, I need a Script that activates when you first enter the map, and a Script that activates later when you return to the map (after a flag setting event).

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
If you can't select the guide it means you didn't extract all the files from the XSE zipped archive. It's a file called "Guide.chm" which should be in the same folder where the XSE executable is.

Anyway, please describe step-by-step what are you doing exactly.
Found it, I guess I forgot to take it out when extracting XSE

Okay, after I make changes to the script, I save it, then go to Tools>BatchCompile Then I select the file and click compile. After that, I copy the first offset for @grunt. Then I go to advancemap and I paste the offset for the tile that activates the script. Then I load a state up from outside Petalburg woods, enter and activate the script (which locks everyone in place)

Do I need to put a offset or something for the sprites involved in the event?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ah thanks that'll do it << Silly me needlessly converting things XD

As to the first question, I need a Script that activates when you first enter the map, and a Script that activates later when you return to the map (after a flag setting event).

You could make the first script and put a checkflag to execute a different thing later. It would work like this: the level script is activated, executed the first time and deactivated. Then later on, some particular flag is enabled the and the level script enabled again. Once executed, the flag would be enabled this time, and an alternate code run. Then the level script would be deactivated once again. It takes more explaining it than actually doing it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You could make the first script and put a checkflag to execute a different thing later. It would work like this: the level script is activated, executed the first time and deactivated. Then later on, some particular flag is enabled the and the level script enabled again. Once executed, the flag would be enabled this time, and an alternate code run. Then the level script would be deactivated once again. It takes more explaining it than actually doing it.

I have tried this but the setvar is having issues, if the setvar isn't in the first string then it repeats continuously - but if it's included then the script doesn't activate at all after the flag ><. Here is an example of what I have.

Spoiler:

Using '7003' as the flag (on A-Map header section) and Script Type = 02 Validate Values.

#Org @1 happens but the script can never get to #Org @2

Ichimaru-Gin

What the hack?
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2010
Game: Leafgreen
Type: ?
Editor: PKSV
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: No vids or pics, the player only locks. That's all...
Oh, and it's supposed to be a script which starts on touch

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@Ichimaru-Gin

"checkflag 0X200
if 0X0 jump @first"

The flag won't be set (because it sets later in the script) and there is no #Org @First for the script to go, hence why it doesn't work.

(Note: There is also a #Org @End but no goto @End. Did you mean @First = @End? )

Ichimaru-Gin

What the hack?
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2010
Then... Is it like:
Spoiler:

It doesn't work for me...
(Omg i'm such a noob in this...)
EDIT: Maybe it's a problem with me not knowing how to save or something?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Game: Leafgreen
Type: ?
Editor: PKSV
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: No vids or pics, the player only locks. That's all...
Oh, and it's supposed to be a script which starts on touch
Wait a sec, I'm having the same exact problem, only my script involves sprites, and it's structured differently.

Like:
Spoiler:

Maybe we're both doing the same thing wrong...

Ichimaru-Gin

What the hack?
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2010
Wait a sec, I'm having the same exact problem, only my script involves sprites, and it's structured differently.

Like:
Spoiler:

Maybe we're both doing the same thing wrong...

Probaply your right. I clicked "Flag skeleton" in PKSV, and got this:

Spoiler:

Gonna experiment with that. I'll let you know if i got it ;)

EDIT: Still bogus:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
There might not be anything wrong with the script, I put in the original unedited Grunt script (which works in a normal Emerald ROM), and it still froze. I can't post an image of my advance map b/c I still don't have 15 posts T_T
But I don't have the variable number or value put in, that have anything to do w/my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back