• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
Years
  • After realizing that a Hail team probably isn't the best to use (at least, with the Poke's I was using, lmao), I'm going with a regular OU Team.

Rate my team

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power (Fire)

Roserade can disable the more common Skarmory leads, with Sleep Powder + Hidden Power, then I'd switch out with Heatran.

Rate my team

Suicune @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power (Electric)

Suicune is a Special sweeper (I think that's the right term, right? xD) Calm Mind powers up it's attacks, which allow for a full blast. lol.

Rate my team

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Roost
    - Earthquake

Gliscor can disable stall Pokemon with Taunt

Rate my team

Heatran @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Explosion

Heatran is switched in after Roserade disables the lead Pokemon. Most Pokemon that would be switched in to fight Roserade would be weak to Heatran, so it can set up Stealth Rock and blast them. Lol.

Rate my team

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Nature: Bold
    - Wish
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Blissey is a Special Wall/Healer on the team. She can heal my team while Toxic'ing/Seismic Tossing the opponents team.

Rate my team

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    - U-Turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower

Scizor is a physical sweeper
    ---

So yeah, this is the OU team I formed, now I need you guys to improve it. Don't be to harsh though! Lol.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Flygon doesn't learn Dragon Dance, lol ;x

And how is Hariyama going to take care of T-tar without a fighting STAB? Sleep Talk set wants Whirlwind and Force Palm > Stone Edge and Bulk Up.

Froslass should also be abusing Spikes since it'll have an excellent chance to set them up with hail going.

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • Oh crap. It doesn't? o.o

That's what I get for putting this together at 10:00 last night. =.=;

fixed first post. lol. And added in your suggestions

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Overall nice but why hail? No stat boosts and you might as well use the extra 2 moves to do some damage with a fast hitting pokemon or using fakeout =P

I like the Frolass =)

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • I've been wanting to try a hail team for a while. Lol. That's really the only reason.

What Pokemon would you suggest to fit that role? I'm still pretty new when it comes to this kinda stuff. xD.

Thanks for the Froslass comment! :)

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Well, the speed revenge killer role would replace your hail role but I'm also new at weather teams xD

What I do know though, Fakeout (automatic first and causes flinch) and then a quick move usually will finish up a weakened poke.
    -ExtremeSpeed would be good but not many pokes have that move, try MachPunch or Bullet Punch =) U - turn maybe

Also, direct me to your rain team thing? I've been sorta making one myself and could use some help

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • First time in a LONG time rating a team, so I'm a little rusty haha. Oh, I didn't include any movesets since they're all easy to find on Smogon, but if you want me to post them, I'd be happy to edit them in.

Anyway, it is clear to me that both offensively and defensively, this team cannot hold its own.

I'll start offensively. Any well-built stall team will easily stall you out. Skarmory (especially the specially defensive ones) can set up Spikes with absolutely no problems at all, especially since nothing on your team has a Fire- or Electric-type attack. Obviously, Forretress can do the same. Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes are also easy and the hazards will suffocate your team since you have nothing capable of breaking stall. Flygon is reduced to being a worse Infernape, as its greatest strength--immunity to most residual damage--is wasted by having Hail and a Life Orb. Now all you have is an underpowered Salamence. Abomasnow is actually pretty threatening with Skarmory out of the way, but as I mentioned earlier, nothing is capable of removing it. Even if you did have something, the threat of Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes could definitely neuter it later in the match once Skarmory is out of the way, so it is still something of a liability. Mamoswine has trouble with Steel-types, Rotom-A, and Gyarados...though Blizzard helps. Still, Life Orb puts it on a timer and forces you to predict perfectly around a stall, which is very difficult. Hail is a waste when you have Abomasnow--use Stone Edge to crush Gyarados. Those are your only Pokemon that pose a significant offensive threat, and as I just explained, none of them pose a threat to stall teams. Honestly, even balanced and bulky offense teams should have no trouble dealing with the slow Abomasnow & Mamoswine or the weak Flygon.

That leads me to your team's defensive issues. Even though it's hard to beat even if you're prepared, Machamp absolutely wrecks this team. It doesn't even need Substitute since DynamicPunch creams everything except Froslass, which dies to Payback anyway. Lucario with either Crunch or Bullet Punch is also a huge problem, not to mention the special attacker variants that can use Shadow Ball...and Timid Lucario will outspeed it to avoid Thunder Wave. You also don't have a Steel-type, so Dragon-type Pokemon absolutely run you over with hit and run tactics. With Mamoswine and Abomasnow around, none of them except Kingdra can outright sweep until VERY late in the match, but they can all do huge damage with Draco Meteor and Outrage (though Outrage can be revenge killed quite easily). Luckily, Hail and potential Life Orb recoil is a pain for them, but since you don't have a Stealth Rocker, Salamence is basically going to get a kill every time it comes into play, and it will last longer than usual without taking 25% damage each time it enters the field. Kingdra easily sweeps since Ice Shard doesn't bother it so much, though Lum Berry variants can definitely get worn down. Scizor is another huge problem, though the Swords Dancer is actually a much bigger threat than the Choice Bander is. Either way, Bullet Punch and U-turn do crazy damage to most of your team. Infernape can easily take out two or three Pokemon before dying to residual damage, and Gyarados can just get a clean sweep since the only thing that even threatens it is Hariyama's Whirlwind...which basically says it all. I would go on but you probably get the point.

To fix these huge problems, the first step is to get rid of dead weight. Unfortunately, that's most of your team. Walrein is annoying but ultimately it does not accomplish much. Froslass is basically a far worse Walrein. I would replace both. Flygon is interesting...it can certainly be threatening, just not with its current set. I would either run a Choice Band Flygon or just replace it altogether since the Life Orber is just so weak.

While stall is a problem, offensive teams are much more common on the standard ladder, and from what I know, stall basically doesn't exist on WiFi. Knowing this, I'm going to put more emphasis on beating other offense teams. To do this, you need something to halt their momentum--a defensive core. a bunch of Ice-types that aim to annoy will not do the trick. Fighting-types absolutely bury you, so stallbreaker Gliscor is definitely a solid choice, perhaps over Flygon. It also basically eliminates the need for Hariyama since it's a poor answer to Heatran already, and Gliscor beats most Tyranitar (only the CBer or variants that run Ice Beam will give it trouble). By beating Lucario and providing at least some insurance against Machamp, it's definitely more useful than either Flygon or Hariyama. It also helps deal with stall to some extent with Toxic and Taunt.

Next up, you really need Stealth Rock support. Abomasnow is a logical lead since this is a Hail team after all, but after that, you need some support. Heatran is a reliable Stealth Rocker with a useful (albeit underpowered) Explosion. Swampert and Bronzong are also very, very reliable. Another option is simply to put it over Hail on Mamoswine, but Mamoswine really appreciates Stone Edge in that slot. What Stealth Rocker you use really depends on how the rest of your team takes shape.

Outside of that, I don't really want to go too far with the solutions since it depends on what way you want to go with the team. Hail teams are almost always stallish (at least as far as I know...), so that's definitely a solid option. In that case, you'll probably want to use a SubSeeder Abomasnow and have a stallish core with Pokemon with Rotom-A and Blissey. A more balanced or even offensive approach will mean that you'll be utilizing Mamoswine and other potent attackers more. Unfortunately, Hail really messes up a lot of OU's top sweepers and attackers, so stall is usually preferred. However, I'll let you make that choice, and I can be of more assistance from there.

Last edited:

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • I did a test run with my team against one of my friends brothers (he's not into competitive stuff. lol). Even though I beat him, I realized some of the things you posted.

-Froslass and Hariyama are dead weight. Lol. Hariyama didn't last any longer then two moves, and Froslass is really fragile.

-Flygon needs a better moveset. I want to keep Roost/Outrage, because I can deal some heavy damage with the two moves. Although with your Gliscor recommendation, I may wanna look at it as well, so Flygon could be replaced.

-Abomnasnow, Walrein, and Mamoswine all seemed to worked fine though...I switched out Hail for Stone Edge.

For a Stealth Rocker, I'm leaning between Heatran and Swampert. Heatran would allow the fire type attacks I could need, though I'm not sure why Swampert. Lol.

If I use Swampert, I was thinking of using Infernape to replace Hariyama. It still allows the high attack fighting types have, and I have access to attacks like Fire Punch, which would be needed. If I use Infernape, I could also use Thunderpunch for an electric type. I'd need to give it a move to regain health in hail though...so I was thinking Rest/Sleep Talk? Not sure (again, this is if I use Swampert.)

Soo...I need your input again. Lol. If I use Swampert for SR, would Infernape be a good Hariyama replacement? And if I use Heatran, what should the last slot be used for? And what should I fix Flygon's moveset to?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay, I would definitely replace Hariyama with Gliscor (though jumping to conclusions based on one battle is a bad idea, Hariyama actually does suck), and from there, you can replace Froslass with a Stealth Rocker. Heatran has pretty good synergy with Gliscor outside of that nasty Water weakness, but Abomasnow is one of the best answers to bulky Water-types that exists. I would run the SubSeed set though, Swords Dance just gets creamed by so many top OU Pokemon it's not even funny.

I would definitely still push for removing Walrein though. It's annoying to face, but it ultimately is just not contributing as much as another Pokemon would, especially something like Suicune or Vaporeon. Both are much better against Heatran, they aren't Stealth Rock weak, and they can deal with Gyarados. With Heatran, they begin to form an extremely common but effective core. Furthermore, you could definitely pull off an offensive Suicune + Explosion Heatran combo. You can get rid of Blissey early with Explosion and then Suicune is a real pain to deal with. Offensive Cune gives you three attacks and a lot of coverage as a result. Walrein really is pretty mediocre lol.

Flygon just wants a Choice set depending on what role you want it to play. A Choice Scarf Flygon would definitely be welcome here to deal with the many Pokemon that give you problems. Alternatively, you can run a Choice Band set and run Choice Scarf on Heatran, though you'll probably need a Stealth Rocker, which would almost positively have to be Mamoswine, which really limits what it can do.

In short, here is what would happen:

Abomasnow stays.

Walrein is replaced by Suicune if you're taking the offensive route or Vaporeon if you're playing it more defensively given its Wish supporting capabilities.

Froslass is replaced by Heatran.

Hariyama is replaced by Gliscor.

Mamoswine stays.

Flygon runs either a Choice Band or Choice Scarf set. (Roost really isn't viable on either of these sets, but Flygon really lasts a long time.)

So looking at the sig picture of Abomasnow / bulky Water not named Walrein / Gliscor / Flygon / Heatran / Mamoswine, it's definitely coming along. However, if you're running a team with a more offensive approach, I do wonder how useful Hail really is when all it does is wear down your sweepers. However, a Wish supporter Vaporeon could definitely help with that to some extent.

Oh, Choice Flygon is:

Flygon @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant / Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Fire Blast / Stone Edge / Dragon Claw / ThunderPunch

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • Could I replace Flygon with Suicune? Lol. I'd like to keep at least three Ice types (or having a hail team would then be pointless, since most of my sweepers would be taken down with it to), and Stallrein was fun to use, even if it is mediocre. xD

If it's really not a good idea, I may as well as take Abomasnow down, and just make it a standard OU team. lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Could I replace Flygon with Suicune? Lol. I'd like to keep at least three Ice types (or having a hail team would then be pointless, since most of my sweepers would be taken down with it to), and Stallrein was fun to use, even if it is mediocre. xD

If it's really not a good idea, I may as well as take Abomasnow down, and just make it a standard OU team. lol.

Haha, that was what I was more or less getting at given how poor Ice is defensively (which is why Walrein just isn't very good).

You can go so many different ways with a standard OU team, obviously. I'd build the team, update the OP, and then I'll help with that (and hopefully you will get some other opinions as well).

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • Updated, though I don't know how to change the title. xD

Lost the hail for a regular OU team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Definitely better. Bad Gliscor set though. Run this:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Roost
    - Earthquake

Very good stallbreaker with Toxic + Taunt as well as your Heatran/Suicune offensive combination.

Roserade definitely wants Toxic Spikes over Sludge Bomb and a Focus Sash over Leftovers. Sludge Bomb doesn't really accomplish anything and Leftovers don't help something as frail as Roserade. Toxic spikes is very useful though. It ruins a lot of Pokemon that give Suicune problems (especially Blissey) and helps wear down teams more quickly.

Suicune wants a Timid Nature. Naive lowers it Special Defense, which it really needs, while Timid lowers its Attack, which isn't even used.

I would make Scizor a Choice Bander. The Swords Dancer isn't supported very well by the rest of your team (troublesome mons like Heatran and Zapdos can be beaten by your other Pokemon, but they will just switch out and wall Scizor whenever it comes out). Bullet Punch's revenge killing is really needed (especially for DDMence), and U-Turn will help wear things down that hurt Suicune, like Zapdos and Rotom-A. Both have access to recovery, but you can force them out before they can by switching into something that beats them, like Heatran.

Lastly, have you considered making Blissey a WishBliss? You have a lot of Pokemon that don't have Leftovers recovery or a recovery move, so Wish would be welcome. Aromatherapy isn't really too helpful when Toxic Spikes and status in general doesn't bug your team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • updated. :]

Lol, do you know how to change the thread title? xD

Contact a moderator and they can change it.

Don't know if you forgot or what have you, but Suicune needs a Timid nature =(

For your Scizor, Bug Bite really isn't needed. Instead, run something like Pursuit or Quick Attack. You could even run something like Night Slash to lure in Rotom-A. Also, Superpower is superior to Brick Break since it is just so much more powerful.

Good luck testing the team.

Back