• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music or film?

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    my attention span for videos of any and all lengths is very low. however, i am almost constantly listening to music whenever i'm using the computer, and i find it difficult to concentrate without it sometimes. music is a driving force behind a lot of my creative thinking-- i'd be at a loss without it!

so.. i'm gonna say that discarding film would definitely have less of an effect on me.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Film all the way. Although there are some movies where the soundtrack is literally so great that it just makes the film experience that much better, so that would be a loss. Overall though, I could live without music.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I'm going with movie, as most of the music I hear comes from a televesion show or something like that.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Film all the way. Although there are some movies where the soundtrack is literally so great that it just makes the film experience that much better, so that would be a loss. Overall though, I could live without music.
    have you heard the soundtrack to Dakota Fanning's Very Good Girls? jesus christ it's so comforting, that's an instance in which i could drop music for movies for the sake of holding onto the scores

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Music.
    I do love movies and films though especially when they have a good soundtrack and are well executed.. but music is far more meaningful to me in general.

I really like music videos, so it'd suck not to have those though.

Years
  • As a generally much more visual person, I have to say film.
    I love music as well, but often times what makes a song 10x better for me, is the music video and how the visuals make me feel. Movies just engage me more. They make me think, make me feel, and I often take ideas, thoughts, etc. from films into my daily life.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    have you heard the soundtrack to Dakota Fanning's Very Good Girls? jesus christ it's so comforting, that's an instance in which i could drop music for movies for the sake of holding onto the scores

I have not heard of that one! Some movies that came to mind in which the score had a great impact were Guardians of the Galaxy (imo) and the zany techno-ish music from Satoshi Kon's Paprika really set the scene so well, it would be insulting to the film if the soundtrack didn't exist imo. :(

Back