• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music or film?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    You may have only one. Pick which, and explain why. For the purposes of this thread take "film" to include all video entertainment (TV, YouTube videos, etc) and "music" to include film scores, VGM, etc. Or, you know, don't - do you change side depending on if these are included?

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Music easy. I really don't get movies at all. I mean, is there something I'm missing here? Is there anything about tv or movies that's worth me sitting around for? Because I'd rather go out and do something cool. Sorry.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I don't listen to much music, so I'd definitely give that up. Movies and video games would be a lot more bland without musical scores (I assume sound effects would still be there), but it would be worth it.

~Psychic

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Easy choice. Music. Why? Because music is a huge part of my life. It calms me down, it makes me feel really happy. It's something I can listen to and feel absolutely chill with for hours on end. Music has always been something I've considered my life, especially after discovering power metal/alt metal/heavy metal. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for music. Even as I type this, my TV is own right now. I'm paying more attention to my music than what's going on the TV. I owe music my life so...

Goodbye TV. :D

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Music. If I didn't have music I'd probably go batshit insane. If I get bored I can just imagine something since I would assume video games go hand in hand with films. It'd be a hard choice, but many things could easily replace video games in my life and I don't watch too much tv or youtube, but living without music? That's just cruel.

pkmin3033

...is it cheating to pick film and then just "watch" soundtrack videos on Youtube? xD

If it is, then between the two, I'd have...a hard time choosing. Giving up anime would drive me insane, but if I didn't have music to listen to I'd be forced to rely on sound modes on select video games, and I'd quickly get bored of that. Plus I'd drain the battery power on my handhelds pretty quick. I listen to music more than I watch stuff - if my laptop is on and I'm not watching a video, I'm listening to music - but that doesn't make the choice an easy one.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Movies take me to an entirely different place and make me forget reality for a brief time. Music takes me to my past and brings back memories and feelings from times before.

I guess if I had a choice, movies. Music is great, but I often find myself musicless in life. I enjoy movies a lot, though it'd be hard to give up a few of my bands.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I choose music, but only if movie scores and vgm are included, as that's a huge part of what I listen to every day. Mainstream music is for normal people :B

I love watching movies, but music is more important in my life than video.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Music easy. I really don't get movies at all. I mean, is there something I'm missing here? Is there anything about tv or movies that's worth me sitting around for? Because I'd rather go out and do something cool. Sorry.
    Apology accepted.

Film, of course. Getting invested in an actual character, another human being - the fact that they're not real notwithstanding - is far more rewarding than the brief feels-wave a song can bring you.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    eat my wang, shenanigans, for making me pick. even though it's a really easy choice for me: music. music can be related to your own struggles and can then be melded in your own eyes to reflect whatever it is you're going through, whereas movies depict a specific person/people/thing and it's really not as easy to relate to. (as much as it is possible, because believe me, I have.) comparing music and movies is like comparing the rise of social media with my genitals, it's pointless and makes no sense. It's All Art. I Love It All. etc

Years
    I would say music, if film didn't include video games. I don't really get much from movies nowadays and a lot of music just provides great entertainment.

Years
    Music for me!

I actually have a hard time sitting down and watching films. It's kind of like I can't bring myself to muster enough focus to watch, although it might be because I also feel like that I absolutely have to have my eyes on the screen every single moment or else I will miss everything. Plus I've gone without movies for periods of time before, and it's like, eh, I guess I actually haven't watched anything in a while oh well.

Music on the other hand...that's a driving force behind some of what I do. I've found my creativity piqued listening to some things. Motivation increased. I've had music calm me greatly at times. If I had no music, I would most likely go eventually insane from its lack of stimulation. It has done more for me than films ever have, so that is why my own choice would be music.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Easily Music! I'm not a film buff at all, some I can watch over and over but it takes me a while to get into one I've never seen before so it ultimately puts me off completely. While I'm not the biggest music lover (as in I don't have thousands upon thousands in my song library), I still love music and I can listen to it every day. In fact it's rare when I don't listen to music at least once during the day. Music, easy.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Movies, definitely. Don't get me wrong, I adore music, but movies take me somewhere entirely different. It's more interactive, if you ask me.

Years
    This is such a hard decision for me, because I love both, but I suppose I would go with music, as I partake in that more frequently than film. Also, music is what keeps me grounded and calm when I need help being that way, haha

blue

gucci
    Years
    Music.

I'm not so much of a film fanatic, I watch them occasionally but they are something I could live without. Music on the other hand is much more important to me, I practically listen to music everyday.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    The thing about film is that TV shows and movies have tons of great scores in them, and sometimes they even make or break the movie. I'd probably be satisfied just watching movies because music is really great, but at least I wouldn't have to just be satisfied hearing things rather than seeing them. Music takes me to a new place a lot of the time, but there's no comparison to how movies portray emotion and real world events/common issues, etc. i'm kinda all over since i'm trying to convince myself that movies are the best option i apologize lmao

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I listen to music more than watch movies so really it's an easy choice. I listen to music every day at any time of the day and is accessible in whatever mood I'm in.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm unable to connect with music the same way I do with film/television/etc. Whatever I feel from music can be obtained at least ten times over from watching it unfold on the screen. Perhaps it has to do with my music taste, as the music I listen to generally isn't as... profound as the movies I watch.
    So, this is hardly a Sophie's Choice situation for me. I'd discard music in favour of film.

Back