• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you met anyone famous?

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Have you met anyone famous before? Musicians, bands, actors, etc. Whether at some event, convention or just walking down the street?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Do voice actors count? Because I've met:

Vic Mignogna
    Steve Blum
    Chuck Huber
    Kyle Hebert
    Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (twice)
    Troy Baker
    Travis Willingham
    Laura Bailey
    Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Ian Sinclair
    Derek Stephen Prince
    Sam Reigel

I think that's all of them. I've also met Pierre from Simple Plan. I haven't met any J-rockers because it's hard for them to tour the US. :(

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Do voice actors count? Because I've met:

Vic Mignogna
    Steve Blum
    Chuck Huber
    Kyle Hebert
    Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (twice)
    Troy Baker
    Travis Willingham
    Laura Bailey
    Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Ian Sinclair
    Derek Stephen Prince
    Sam Reigel

I think that's all of them. I've also met Pierre from Simple Plan. I haven't met any J-rockers because it's hard for them to tour the US. :(
    You've met Troy Baker?! :o How was he??

I was in the same train as Damian Lewis a few weeks back. Just casually walked past me towards the food shop as if he was just any other guy. Had to look behind me a couple of times to makes sure I wasn't seeing things...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've also met Oscar from Chelsea. Really nice guy.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • You've met Troy Baker?! :o How was he??

He was awesome. :D

Spoiler:

Okay the first picture... what happened was that at his autograph session, my mom had taken my picture with him. Well, she was shaky at the time. It's hard to explain why btw. Anyway, the picture came out really blurry. Well, that night, my mom went out for cigeratte, and we saw him. My mom explained the situation to him and everything. He was really good about it, so we were able to take this picture. The person with him took the picture for us. :D

The second picture is where he signed my book. I have this book for male voice actors I made. It started out as just being a comfort thing for my favorite anime males. Well, since I didn't have anything for my VAs to sign, I decided I would use that book for them to sign instead. I've done it since 2011, and the book has come in handy. I also have a new one for female voice actors to sign.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Quite a number of people actually.

Like above, if counted Voice actors:
    Vic Mignogna
    Brian Beacock
    Amy Birnbaum
    Jonathan Ross
    Milton Lawrence
    Sean Schemmel
    Dave Wittenberg
    Christopher Smith
    Janet Varney
    Meagan Smith

(can't remember who else atm lol)
    At the same Con I remember Devon Murray who played Seamus Finnegan in Harry Potter.

I'm so excited to meet Joshua Seth (who did Tai in Digimon), Matthew Mercer and Veronica Taylor this July as well as famous cosplayers Kamui and Monica Lee :D

Famous Youtubers I've met quite a lot as well since I went to Vidcon in 2012, but there was a lot of just waves of hi (Dan & Phil, Connor Franta etc.) or "im just going to watch you from afar because I'm too shy to actually come up to you xD).
    I did man up and talk to others such as Dave Days and there were a lot of other famous youtubers I met there, but it was funny because I didn't know who they actually were at the time - I did the cinamon challenge on YouNow right after FoodforLouis but I had know idea who he was at the time xD

While I was in LA that year, I also attended a summer program at the New York film School's LA location and became good friends with Bex T-K who starred in The Killing and Sin on Arrow. Awesome friend, but I haven't seen her since 2012 which is kinda sad but I'm glad she's been getting out there and successful :)

During breaks in the program, our group often went to Citywalk and one of the times we did, we saw a bunch of younger Disney channel stars/ other younger teen stars just chilling:
    Btw have no idea who the two guys on the right were, but they're from an American show I didn't know (but my friends did. The dude on the far left is Dylan Riley Snyder who played Milton on Kickin' it.
    Spoiler:

Also I know a few people who's parents are famous people. Like the fact Peter Jackson's daughter went to the same school as me and then I didn't actually realise until after I had graduated that she was - haha I did talk to her a few times and took photos of her with me being the school photographer and everything.

As mentioned when I went to New York Film Academy I became friends with the composer of Phineas and Ferb's son who is an amazingly talented filmmaker and Lisa Kudrow's son, but I never got to know him that well. We did end up meeting her on the last day of the program which was pretty cool.

Years
  • I've met two team members of the world champions of Rugby, The NZ All Blacks - The retired Tana Umaga and Aaron Smith. The latter was my barber for a while, too!

That's it from me, but my mother's met Viggo Mortensen, Phil Collins (whom she used to club with) and the guy who plays Doc Ock in Spiderman 2 (whom she booked holidays for).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've met two team members of the world champions of Rugby, The NZ All Blacks - The retired Tana Umaga and Aaron Smith. The latter was my barber for a while, too!

Totally forgot I've met the All Blacks too back in the day, Tana Umaga and Richie Mccaw are the ones I can remember from the time, but there were a couple of others I can't remember. My form teacher in year 7 was related to Liam Messam somehow which is kinda weird.

Met the Wellington Phoenix too, but that was ages ago in Year 8 lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    When I was in middle school I met Josh Hutcherson. He went to a school about 20 minutes from my house (he was in high school). He was on the opposing soccer team, and I was watching the game. I talked o him and his younger brother after the game. He seemed really nice, and little did I know that he would be in The Hunger Games.

I live by Cincinnati and I've met a few of the Bengals and Reds layers. I've met Brandon Philips, AJ Green, and Meseroco randomly before. Also, I saw Peko at the mall and saw Jermaine Gresham at my brother's football game. I also met a few of the Robertsons this year at school. Reid goes to my school, and I met his dad and John Luke and Sadie. Some of my friends even went over to their house for Spring Break. lol

Years
  • I met Christy Carlson Romano forever ago, and I've seen Meryl Streep in public. Also 99% sure I saw Aziz Ansari in public, but I didn't get the chance to say hi. I honestly can't remember if there are any others besides those.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I don't know if this counts, but I saw David Hasselhoff at a Chinese Restaurant my family and I went to. XD

I did meet a Deaf actor, though. His name was Bernard Bragg. It was at a Deaf event I attended for my Anerican Sign Language class. I thought that was very cool! :)

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • It doesn't really count as "meeting", but I served Alan Rickman (Snape), Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) when I was working in a coffeeshop in London.

Years
  • I met Bill Bye The Science Guy a few weeks ago. He was speaking at my University and he gave us an interview in our TV station before he did.

Other than him, not yet. I am going into the Entertainment Industry, so maybe I will meet some more soon!

I saw Whoopie Goldberg at Six Flags once. Walked with a bunch of security. Haha.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Once got to meet Darren Shan, the famed Irish horror book writer, so that was plenty neat. Signed two of my books, as well, with interesting messages. Hah. Met some other Irish author too but her name escapes me.

Years
  • I don't think there are any famous that i've gotten to meet, at least to my recollection. But it'd be really interesting if I ever got to, but crazy to imagine.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I met Stan Lee at Comicpalooza last weekend! He's a freaking LEGEND. My boyfriend wanted to get a collectible signed by him, and when we got to him, he smiled and greeted at both of us. He's such a super nice man. :D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I met Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Elena Tonra (lead singer of Daughter) when they were walking about during Laneway. I got pictures with them; they gave me life and it was just a heartwarming encounter to meet such talented down-to-earth people.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I saw Ozzy Osbourne in a restaurant back in 2006 which was pretty awesome.

Since voice actors count, I got to meet Veronica Taylor last year! Aaaaah she was such a nice woman. I brought a pokeball Christmas ornament I made and she signed it and it made my life.

I also met Finn Jones, aka Ser Loras from Game of Thrones at C2E2 this year. He was really rad and smelled nice (weird, I know, but he did). I asked him to sign a picture for my brother and he included a really nice message and not just his signature.

Spoiler:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I met David Schmitt from Breathe Carolina last year when he was touring on Vans Warped Tour. They were at a restaurant and I met them. I don't know where the rest of the band was, but David was just sitting at a table by himself.

Back