• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I joined PC for Shiny Gold.

Bay

Years
  • One of the few people also join in for the fanfic section. Back in 2006 I was entering a writing contest over at Serebii, but my entry was a bit too long and one of the judges was fine with me posting the fic at another forum so that I can link it to him. Eventually, though, I began reading and writing fics. I wasn't that harsh of a critic when it comes to reviews, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I had some Pokemon in Black that I needed to trade evolve. I Googled "Pokemon forums", and this was naturally the top result. I honestly wasn't expecting to be here very long, because that's what I often do on forums: sign up, ask a question, get it resolved, and rarely log back in again. But I met some great people here, and I got such a warm welcome in my welcome thread, I was hooked xD
    Basically what happened to me - joined for some info about the games, stayed for the awesomeness of the community :)

And now PC feels natural to me, like family. Where I can go to escape from problems in reality, and be humored and entertained by all you awesome people - that's PC <3

If all goes well, I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. It's awesome here, and it's a privilege to be a part of the community.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Basically what happened to me - joined for some info about the games, stayed for the awesomeness of the community :)

And now PC feels natural to me, like family. Where I can go to escape from problems in reality, and be humored and entertained by all you awesome people - that's PC <3

If all goes well, I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. It's awesome here, and it's a privilege to be a part of the community.

awww :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I googled "Pokemon forum" and this was the first result.

I didn't stick around for long, but I came back a little over a year and a half ago for the fanfic section, since I was writing a story and wanted more readers. I'm not sure why I decided to stay, but I'm glad I did!

Years
  • I wanted to sign up for PCL on the battle server, but was told that I had to sign up to the forum to sign up for the tournament. I didn't really expect to stay around or anything, but I like it here :)

Detox

I joined because I was 13 and when I searched "pokemon," this forum was one of the first things that came up. I liked it so I stuck around.

Years
  • I joined for ROM hacking, but it wasn't long before I gave up on that. I ended up staying because it's a Pokemon forum so why not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I joined because I wanted to download Shiny Gold, and I couldn't do so without creating an account. Yep...

I also was looking for a new forum, as several of the ones I had frequented shut down shortly before that time, so I picked this one as my recovery/low-time-investment forum. My goal was to still be part of a Pokemon community while keeping it a very minimal part of my life with limited emotional investment. I guess I succeeded in that, as I enjoy coming back here occasionally, but have never focused on sticking around for long periods or getting to know lots of people well. I also joined PC at a time when my life was getting a lot busier, so I probably expected to spend more time here than I actually did.

Years
  • lol yes, Shiny Gold and a few other ROM hacks. Didn't really get active here until 2011 when I rejoined on this account and I'm not so much into hacking anymore.. way too many other cool things to do here even though I'd like to catch up with the fangames I've been missing out on over the years. /is pressured

Reactions: Sun

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • No, I didn't join for Shiny Gold lol. I joined because it looked like a great place to meet other people who loved Pokemon like I do. I never had many friends irl who openly expressed their liking for Pokemon and I had to fuel my interest by myself, but then I found PC.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I had never even heard of the hack until I looked it up.

I joined because I wanted a place to stay, really. I had enough at the last place I was at... couldn't bear it anymore. I will not go into detail.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I left another certain community site, with new free time
    I wanted to join something about pokemon, since I'm regaining my
    intrest into them.
    There's everything I need here, and the people here seem to be
    friendly as well.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I joined for Pokemon fanfiction. While I was still active at another forum, I just wanted more places to read/review/talk about Pokemon fanfiction, so I Googled "pokemon forums" and joined the first result.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I joined because at the time, I was a part of another Pokémon forum, Pokémon Online. It's server became incredibly spotty and no progress was being made on the game that the forum was for, so I came here.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I joined for the community. I wanted to connect with other fans of Pokémon, which I got and a whole lot more.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I forgot the real reason why I was here, but I joined the forums as Fiery Dash so I've been longer than my current profile says. Lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I joined because I wanted friends to talk Pokemon with. Plus the ROM hacking section intrigued me, so I had to sign up! 5 years later, I did not look back. ;3

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • ok i thought i joined for anime but then i went back and found my first post and remembered i joined coz i was lookin for a new pokemon forum after pokemonaus closed down rip

Back