• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I joined PC for Shiny Gold.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • YES, SOMEHOW THAT JOKE IS STILL RELEVANT NOW. But, why did you join PC? Did you join for Shiny Gold?

---

I didn't join PC for ROMHacking. I think I remember why I joined... to find new friends/old friends from other communities. I definitely didn't join for ShinyGold since I joined PC during 2009. But, I joined PC because I used to literally join every single Pokemon forum I could ever find. Yeah.

---

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I actually joined because well... it's hard to explain. I came from a digimon forum at the time, which is now closed down I guess. I followed my ex-best friend here, but we were enemies at the time. I thought it looked like a pretty neat place. I've been here off and on for nearly eleven years now. It's amazing how far I've come on this place. From being that annoying n00b to a much more civilized person... I guess you could say.

I have a lot of history here; both good and bad. PC is like my second home. Not that my first home isn't bad or anything. It's just because every time I go to other forums, it doesn't feel the same. So, PC is really the only forum I seem the most active on. At the time, I was into Digimon still. I did play the Pokemon games from time to time though. It wasn't until I got older that I started getting more into pokemon than Digimon after hanging around on PC.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • No interesting story really. I didn't join for a specific ROM hack, but because I wanted to try hacking myself. Nowadays, I'm active in a lot of parts of the forum, but ROM hacking isn't really one of them.

Sirfetch’d

I was bored and had no one to talk Pokemon with in real life really so I signed up! Didn't really expect to stick around or partake in many discussions but almost 3 years later, here I am still!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Holy muk how did you know

Seriously though I actually did initially join just for ROM Hacks but decided on the same day to stick around, see how it goes. Two years later I'm still here.

Sirfetch’d

Because I just wanted another community to frequent since before PC I used to frequent some DBZ forum at the time iirc and it was just starting to bore me/wasn't really becoming that interested in it, so there's that.

^She actually joined for the free cookies js

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I joined PC because Luck Hax / George made me. we needed a new internet home and he suggested this. he's been having computer troubles lately, which could be the root of why he's not around much anymore, but I have no idea if he's coming back. ): I hope so.

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I was bored and had no one to talk Pokemon with in real life really so I signed up! Didn't really expect to stick around or partake in many discussions but almost 3 years later, here I am still!

I guess you can say I came for the same reason as Castform here, where I live nobody talks games or anything, so I wanted to talk Pokemon with people, simple as that.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    getting pokemon for christmas was really just an excuse to join. my friends died off on my old forum. i'm sure they'll migrate back as soon as a new game is released.

Yukari

I joined because there was a rom hacking section and I just wanted to download a game but I had to sign up to do so. I never intended to actually stay here, though I'm glad I did.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I joined PC for Shiny Gold.

In fact, I probably wouldn't have joined if zel had kept an updated version of his hack in the Spanish forums I joined first! What a terrible loss that would have been D;

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I joined because I just think it's cool to interact with people you don't know and never will. It's kind of exciting really, and this place particularly just seemed more urbane and such -- for a pokemon forum anyhow

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Joined not from Shiny Gold, but for literally just downloading Snakewood back in December 2010. I didnt even post my first post till February 2011. 5 years later, this has become my home <3

Years
  • I joined because I wanted to show off sprites and artwork of mine. :')

That and I felt like I could use another pokemon forum to hang around on, so. I forget exactly how I found this place, but I decided to give it a go and welp here I am many years later.

Years
  • I didn't join for ROM hacks. I was just looking for somewhere else to go after I was driven out of my previous forum by mod power abuse, yet wasn't expecting myself to survive one year let alone four.

Lucid

I've never even been in the ROM threads... I joined back in 2004 looking for PokeSpecial scans, met some people, stuck around, modded for a bit, disappeared for a while then come back on occasion. I'm like the herpes of PC.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Some random romhack made me join, because joining was the only way to download it. Well, the hack was terrible, but at least it made me create this account.

Back