• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Just putting this out there: I reckon Arsenal are going to have serious trouble against Brighton. I don't think they'll lose, but they definitely won't have it easy at all, even with Ozil back.

Unless they play like they did against City, but I don't feel that that's going to happen two games in a row.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • We were shambolic today. Worst performance since Boro.

I guess that was to be expected with a Whittaker - Johnson central midfield.

Not sure what the manager was trying to do.

Sure were some interesting results in the cup this round.

Years
  • Obviously I couldn't be more pleased with the result today, without trying to sound a bit too optimistic this could end up in a decent cup run now that most big sides are out.

I also find it amazing how we played our calamitous backup keeper and yet City's keeper was the one to gift us chances in the end.

Chelsea 2-4 Bradford
    City 0-2 Boro

...and I thought United's 0-0 against Cambridge was bad.

I had the exact same thought once Bradford took the lead. I'm sure many others did too, but whatever. :P

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Wasn't expecting anything but deadline day still managed to disappoint, both here at Norwich and around the footballing world.

Looks like our only signing will be Tony Andreu from our new manager's old club. Top scorer in the SPL from midfield for a million quid. So some direct competition for Wes but no left winger, hopefully that'll be sorted out in the loan window.

Kyle Lafferty loaned out to some Turkish side just days after he scored his first goal for the club. Shame as I really rate him ahead of Grabban and Becchio.

Years
  • It seems like we managed to avoid any NFL posts in here today which is good I guess.

Anyway, no deadline day business for Boro which is completely expected. I think Forshaw from Wigan is more than what we needed from this window, I would have been happy with just holding on to what we have which we did so good times.

Speaking of Brentford, a good win for us against them in our sexy new third kit. My belief is actually there now, we can get promoted.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Our biggest transfer this January was Daniel Sturridge from the treatment table to the pitch. Just in time for the derby.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Lyle Taylor back at us! Brilliant shout by Archie to replace Nathan Eccleston with Lyle Taylor... we needed a second striker.

Years
  • This picture sums up Borussia Dortmund's season so far:

10847633_591460737651573_1191567263861480518_o.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    The top 3 are starting to pull away from Ipswich now and it looks like 2 from 3 (Bournemouth, Derby, Middlesbrough) will be promoted. I would expect the side who misses out to be Middlesbrough but whilst they are so close I fear we will miss out

Derby at home on Tuesday what a HUGE game this one is must win

Last edited:
    Years
  • It seems like we've lost our resident Norwich fan again. Let us pray that our fallen nakama isn't gone too long. #FreeLapras

So it's the captain's last derby tonight.

It seems like that was a disappointingly uneventful last derby for Gerrard then, but I suppose with Liverpool this season it could have been worse.

The top 3 are starting to pull away from Ipswich now and it looks like 2 from 3 (Bournemouth, Derby, Middlesbrough) will be promoted. I would expect the side who misses out to be Middlesbrough but whilst they are so close I fear we will miss out

Derby at home on Tuesday what a HUGE game this one is must win

I must say I'm still expecting you guys to drop off at some point because I'm probably underestimating your squad on paper since I don't know too many of the players. Regardless of what happens to either of our teams in the automatic race though, we're starting to get to the point were we would have to completely crash & burn not to end in the playoffs. Hopefully we're both celebrating automatic promotion at the end of the season.

Our game against Charlton on Saturday was the first I've attended this season (even though I don't live too far away for uni, the expense is a bit much to get to many games) and it was nice to just enjoy the game instead of constantly worrying about what tragedy would occur next which is something you would begin to expect if you had watched Boro every fortnight of the last three seasons like I did. We looked comfortable all game and Lee Tomlin managed to put his value up for the millionth time this year with a lovely goal. Hopefully I'll make it to our last game of the season against Brighton and maybe one game before that too.

Years
  • It seems like we've lost our resident Norwich fan again. Let us pray that our fallen nakama isn't gone too long. #FreeLapras
    What happened? Why'd she get banned?

It seems like that was a disappointingly uneventful last derby for Gerrard then, but I suppose with Liverpool this season it could have been worse.
    Well we hit the post once. They didn't have a shot on target until the last few minutes.
    Atleast the last few weeks have been very good. 4 clean sheets in a row now in the league. We could finish top 4 if we continue this form.

Years
  • What happened? Why'd she get banned?
    I don't know unfortunately. I also always assumed it was a guy that just had their gender set as female on here, but I could be wrong. But anyway, (s)he has been banned before so even if it's a minor offence they could be banned for a while.

Well we hit the post once. They didn't have a shot on target until the last few minutes.
    Atleast the last few weeks have been very good. 4 clean sheets in a row now in the league. We could finish top 4 if we continue this form.

Unfortunately a little injury to Lucas might stop that momentum. I'm sure Liverpool will do fine now with Sturridge back, I think worst case scenario is they finish 7th which is great considering their start. Of course 6th and above would be good for them so they can get European football.

Years
  • We're 4 points behind Southampton with 13 matches to be played. If we continue winning like this, we can bridge the gap quite easily. A lot depends on the head to head matches with the match at Emirates being the one where we could most likely drop points.

Back