• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • 4 out of 5 of Derby's next games are on Sky. Which makes 5 out of 6 if you include last Saturday's.

I know they were playing some good stuff but surely this is a bit excessive.

Guess it could be the big manager thing kicking in like last season with 'Arry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    4 out of 5 of Derby's next games are on Sky. Which makes 5 out of 6 if you include last Saturday's.

I know they were playing some good stuff but surely this is a bit excessive.

Guess it could be the big manager thing kicking in like last season with 'Arry.
    Only 1 of our next 7 matches are on Sky, surpising considering we are top of the league and playing lovely football that puts most Premiership sides to shame, but I guess not being on Sky allows us to sneak along un-noticed for a little longer.

I bet our match on 10th Feb will probably be on Sky

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    For the 1st time in our history we are top of the Football League at Christmas and looking back on the past 5 seasons the side top at Christmas has gone on to win promotion at the seasons end. The team in 2nd has won promotion 4/5 seasons. The team in 3rd has gone on to win promotion only twice ironically the last 2 season both via play-offs.

To think we have scored FIFTY goals before Christmas after just 22 games heck we have 33 goals in like our last 10 matches reminds me of Liverpool a little bit last season (hopefully not the same ending mind)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Bournemouth have really played well this season, and I'd love to see them in the premier league next season for the first time in their history. With the way they have been playing it looks to be on the cards.

Blackburn is sitting in a respectable 8th at the minute, which isn't bad. They need to pick their game up just a little bit and hopefully some good results will come our way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Vote for your favorite Fallon d'Floor nominee here: https://fallondfloor.com/

Adryan {XD}
    Breakfast at Chiellini's
    The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I want most FA cup games to be memories like this one.... Right back in 2008. I still remember this today.

I remember that match. We too the lead, then they equalised and finally scored the winner in injury time. Can't believe it's almost 7 years... only Lucas, Gerrard and Skrtel remain from that team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    So Fulham at home today and I have heard its the leagues best attack vs the leagues worse defence so going by this I think our run will end here. It's been a good one but it has to end eventually.

Years
  • About to watch Brighton play Reading and Liverpool play Burnley (at 2 am fml) right now. I'm not too optimistic for Brighton (although we really need a win), but I'm pretty confident about Liverpool in this game.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I bet he regrets staying up for that Liverpool shower.

Norwich on the other hand in beast mode. Bradley Johnson with another double.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    YEAHHHHHH WE WON, really thought our unbeaten league run would be ended today but we won a tough match where we could of slipped.

GEEZ Norwich could you lose your next game please so there is a nice gap between 6th and 7th :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Our usual habit over the years has been to do well up until Christmas and then fade.

Hoping the corner has been turned. Also that any interest in Redmond and Hooper is beaten away.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • WE ARE LIVERPOOL, tra la la la la~
    WE ARE LIVERPOOL, traaaaaaaa la la la la la
    WE ARE LIVERPOOL, tra la la la la~
    WE'RE THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE LAND - YES WE ARE

POETRY IN MOTION, tra la la la la~
    POETRY IN MOTION, traaaaaaaa la la la la la
    POETRY IN MOTION, tra la la la la~
    WE'RE THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE LAND - YES WE ARE

suck on that own goal, Jonjo Shelvey. <3

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    aw man I got so excited to see this football thread but then I realiZed it wasn't american football poo

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    If Derby could lose tonight and maybe Ipswich drops point it would be a perfect way to end the year a nice 5 point gap between us in 1st and Middlesbrough in 3rd

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • So John Ruddy and his missus have left twitter under 48 hours before the January transfer window opens. I'm not one to dig into these things too much but that does seem pretty ominous, especially with his recent hit out at booing fans.

If the board do sell I think we will be on the way back to pre-Lambert form. As expected of a club that would give a man with no experience the job when they could have quite easily attracted better.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • So John Ruddy and his missus have left twitter under 48 hours before the January transfer window opens. I'm not one to dig into these things too much but that does seem pretty ominous, especially with his recent hit out at booing fans.

If the board do sell I think we will be on the way back to pre-Lambert form. As expected of a club that would give a man with no experience the top job when they could have quite easily attracted better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Into the 4th round with a nice 5-1 win away from home, a bottom half Premiership side would be nice Villa, Sunderland, Stoke or Everton give us an idea of how good we would be if we went up

Back