• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I am in love with graphics & photography...
    Graphics in this forum are much pretty...

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Since I'm really interested in Graphics, and can't for the life of me find any good ones, I'll ask.

Where can you find decent, c4d's (the part of a tag/icon that makes it look 3D I believe) for GIMP? I can't find any. Thanks!

Well C4D's are found all over but I would recommend PlanetRender. They don't make the image look 3D but they do add some pretty cool effects. To add to that however, they're best used in photoshop. Gimp is pretty weak with them, in fact, gimp is weak in general compared to PS.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Opacity is how transparent something is basically.
    100% Opaque means you cannot see through it at all, while 0% means you can see completely through it.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Opacity is how transparent something is basically.
    100% Opaque means you cannot see through it at all, while 0% means you can see completely through it.

I always thought 100% Opacity allows you to see it and 0% Opacity doesn't.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    To clear this up, in photoshop you have the ability to make something at a certain percentage of opacity, so if you're working with a number of layers you may wish to make some less visible than others. I shall display an image with out any opacity, so just a normal image, and an image proceeding it with 60% opacity.
    wisdom.jpg
    wisdom.jpg

Normal on the left, 60% opacity on the right.

Fully invisible = 0% opacity/opaque
    Fully visible = 100% opacity/opaque

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • what i want to know is what "fill" is. that other thing below opacity that seemingly does the same thing as opacity

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Anyone here fermiller with the Inu-Yasha anime? Well, I went and edited a Sesshômaru pic making him smile. Awww! He looks so sweet. Sesshy really should smile like this on the anime:
    sesshysmiling.jpg

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Reminds me of "Gin" from the Bleach anime.

Just wondering if anyone had a nice link to a pack of brushes (and/or) C4Ds. I can't find a good one for the life of me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I just have one small stupid question:
    Whats the difference between stocks and renders? I seem to have forgotten :[

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • A render is an image with a transparent background while a stock is like a photo and has a background and everything.

Basically, a render is a cut out shape like a character cut from a wallpaper or something.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    A render is an image with a transparent background while a stock is like a photo and has a background and everything.

Basically, a render is a cut out shape like a character cut from a wallpaper or something.
    Ah, okay I understand now ><
    I need to learn how to use stocks in my graphics now XD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • When you are using stocks, generally you need to stack things because you can't place things underneath, so generally a good way to start is to get some textures/light textures/bokeh and put them on like 'lighten' and stuff and stack them on top.

Yep.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    When you are using stocks, generally you need to stack things because you can't place things underneath, so generally a good way to start is to get some textures/light textures/bokeh and put them on like 'lighten' and stuff and stack them on top.

Yep.
    Thats going to be kind of challenging for me XD
    I'll stick with renders right now.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Fairs enoughs, renders can be cool cause you have more freedom I guess in terms of what sort of effects or whatever you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back