• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Well you don't download the trial, just search "photoshop portableappz" and portableappz.com has the new PS CS5 extended version for download. There's no virus's from that site, idk wherever else

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well you don't download the trial, just search "photoshop portableappz" and portableappz.com has the new PS CS5 extended version for download. There's no virus's from that site, idk wherever else
    Oh, ok thanks! :D
    I'll download that as soon as I get back from vacation :3

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Right. I have decided that Tags aren't really my thing, and wanted to go for Icons, but I don't know the process that goes into an Icon. Could somebody please help me? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Right. I have decided that Tags aren't really my thing, and wanted to go for Icons, but I don't know the process that goes into an Icon. Could somebody please help me? Thanks!

Icons are 100x100 images that are meant to be instantly eye catching and full of pleasing colour. However, it is up to the artist, where you start and where you go to is at your jurisdiction. My best advice to you would be to keep your icons clear, clean and simple. Icons that are too busy aren't very pleasing. In saying that, it doesn't mean that you make them with little effort, being simplistic does not mean you're going to be making something with ease.

There are some tutorials here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=226684

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ummm....any guides to GIMP out there?

Because I can't seem to find a one simple enough for me :P

I'm really not that good with instructions. I can follow them, but struggle to put them into practice.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Could someone please tell me what's wrong with my laptop?

I sent it away because the screen needed to be replaced and now whenever I save a file as a png it makes it look terrible.

Here's an example.

Original Pic

After I've saved it as a png.

The image editing program I use it Paint.NET.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You could try saving it as a high quality .jpeg, it's a good format for photos. Don't know much about Paint.Net, so I can't help you too much there, but try the latter and see how it goes for you.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • If you are uploading to the internet, .png will always be higher quality because they are smaller files and they don't need to be compressed or anything like that (or whatever the internet does to photos upon uploading)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Let me just say, it never did this before. I used to save all of my images as png files and they always looked perfect, but since I got my laptop back... well. Could it be a setting on my computer that they changed while they were fixing it? After all, they did replace the screen.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Doing some tidying up, so we'll be saying goodbye to the old Lounge, and awaiting the new! Which in fact, will take about 3 seconds as I've already made it. ANYWAY, closing this one.

= L o c k e d =

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back