• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Game Map-Off

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
The PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 Pokémon Game Map-Off
Hosted/Judged by Hiroshi Sotomura and Destiny Demon. Judges 3|4: colcolstyles, Ninja Caterpie
Welcome to the annual Pokémon Game Map-Off! Like most Get-Togethers, there is a map-off. A map-off is when members create a map with a program/tool and have it judged. There will be three winners, which means there is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place emblem. Every participant, whether they won or not, will also get an emblem for participating in this map-off. The suggested programs for this map-off is Advance Map or RPG Maker XP. But feel free to use a program you like to make maps on.

Rules

→ Give credit to the tools/tiles or anything else you used in the map when needed. → You cannot steal anyone else's map. → This map must be created by you, not someone else. → You have to submit your map in the following format below. → No special effects are allowed on the map, but static overworlds (trees, boulders, etc.) are allowed.

Schedule

July 15th-21st - Submit your maps in! July 22nd-25th - Judging process. No more maps accepted. July 26th - The results are in! Emblems will be given out as soon as possible, once the staff upload them/are able to give them out.

Posting Format

As stated in the rules, you must submit your map in the following format: Map Title: (Title) Description: (Description) Credits: (Credits) Mapshot:
Spoiler:
The map must be in spoiler tags, no matter how small or big it is.

And your award is…

As with the past Map-Off competitions, we have prizes awarded to the best maps. This year we're taking a bit of a twist to it - first, second and third place winners get an emblem with their winning entry featured in the emblem! (First place gets it presented in a special, secret way.)
Gold Master Cartographer You made the best map out of every single person who participated in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! This emblem is your stellar map, preserved for cartography.
Silver-Toothed Area Planner You made one of the best maps - scoring second place - in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! This emblem commemorates your success (and shows off a chunk of the map of excellency that made you said success.)
Bronze Map Drawer You made a map that placed you third in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off! Congratulations on your nice map!
Puzzle Piecer This member participated in the Get-Together 8's Pokémon Game Map-Off.

Map Entries

Platinum Town - ruup20 Route 6 - Cyndaquil312 UnderwaterSapphire - U_Flame Suna Cove - r0bert Route GT8 - Fireworks Crescent Isles - Retribution Team Shadow meeting place - Anglican (UNNAMED) - ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ Serenity Way - Abnegation Deserted Island - Chiar Marine Bizzare - NatureKeeper A2 - Kip Sebrene City - DrFuji Medika City - Anbuja's_BlooDY Saintony Forest - Brendino Tin Tower 9th Floor Revamp - Piplup-Trainer Route 151 - Tropical Sunlight (UNNAMED) - QuilavaKing Tezen - Blue Nocturne The Small Islands - agentgeo Pallet Beach - LightOfTruth Maxi-Day City - JalordaSerpent7 Snivy Forest - Articuno23 Clandestine Path - Binary

Final Notes

Well, that's it! If you have any questions, you can either post in this thread, or ask Jake or myself.

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I will enter one of the maps for a hack I'm working on :)

*gives me a excuse to do route 1 before finishing pallet village*

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
Map Title: Platinum Town
Description: First town in my hack version 2
Credits: Wesley Fg ,alistar and whack a hack
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
Map Title: Route 6 (Bonsai Village to Karona Town via Monument Cavern)
Description: A short route at the base of a mountain. Many call it the best fishing spot around.
Credits: **(Lu-ho for Am 1.95)
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Map Title: UnderwaterSapphire
Description: This is a simple town in my hack. A town completely underwater. The technology explanation is pretty complicated so I won't go into detail.
Credits: AdvanceMap 1.92
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Map Title: Suna Cove
Description: my first sea-route ever! I'm really proud of it.
Credits: alistair
Lalo0101
darkdragon(?)
alucus
calis projects
zein
princelegendario
anbuja's_bloody
kyledove
Zelix
Me
LU-OH
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Map Title: Crescent Isles
Description: A group of islands shaped resembling crescent moons. There is a theory that the islands used to be joined together and was once a large, single island long ago. To get to the northern island containing the gym, you have to do several tasks around the island for the civillians. The leader uses dark-type Pokemon (dark types, moons... see the connection? :P) and is the seventh gym leader. His house is also on this island. Also, the island is very rainy and Carvahna are known to surround the islands, sometimes getting aggresive and attacking civillians. The only exit it has is south.
Credits: GAME FREAK, LU-HO for creating AdvanceMap. The palettes are from several Pokemon games (Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White)/custom.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Is it okay if, before the submission period ends, that I update my map? I might change the tiles, but I'm just checking to make sure it'd be okay. :U

Last edited:

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Name: Team Shadow meeting place.
Description: this is the meeting place for the three segments of team shadow. the pokemon centre is a trap, the bits above the lava is the landing place for the sky segment, the sea, sea segment, things in the groung, going down, earth segment.
Credits: Enterbrain: RPG Maker XP
Mortenkien(not on pokecommunity!) for the majority of tilesets in my game+ this one!
Poccil: autotiles(i think. someone tell me if the autotiles(sea) are yours!
mugshot

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Map title: none
Description: it's a beach map for my team hack, the cave entrance is actually a route to the next town, just so you guys know.
Credits: Wesley fg, alistair, knockentrocken (something like that), princelegendario,Trevor, Newtiteuf and aten974,kymotonian and speedialga, tb pro, and me. Oh and the advance map creator.
mapshot:
Spoiler:

i might have worked on the map more, but i might not be able to log on in the next couple of days, so i won't be able to see who won.

i also put the map in the attachment, it looks sorta small in the spoiler, just open the attachment in another tab.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Map Title: Deserted Island
Description: A mysterious deserted island located in the middle of the sea, making it a paradise for exotic, rare Pokemon.
It's possible that even prehistoric Pokemon are dwelling its mountain areas.
Credits: Gamefreak, LU-HO.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

I will not win for certain, but I would still like the emblem.

NatureKeeper

Description: A sea route map designed to be one map that will annoy players to death due to the currents. There is also a minor grass route. It may not seem hard, but it should be brutal in the game itself with the small GBA screen. Designed 100% Pokémon Ruby tiles. To the top is a regular route. To the east is a sea route.
Credits: GAME FREAK, LU-HO (They spell their names in block capitals.)
Preview (Mapshot):
Spoiler:

P.S. You can request to get the .map file and try it out.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Map Title: A2
Description: This is designed as the second route players will travel on from the first town (equivalent to Viridian). They would initially travel from east to west (right to left), which means, true to Pokémon style, it's a lot easier to go back than it is to go forwards. The map is designed to link players from the outskirts of a city into a twisting forest, crossing a major river on the way (part of which is surf-able). The map's defining feature is the dual path thing, which is inspired by the dual carriageway motorway idea and me translating that into a Pokémon map. Towards the far west of the map is a route leading north to south, which is inaccessible unless the player has obtained Cut. I think I tried to make the map look natural, yet still make it look like a Pokémon game map. :) All of the tiles are the original FireRed tileset, with the addition of a small amendment by myself (the fence on the bridge to be exact).
Credits: Gamefreak for the Tiles, LU-HO for AdvanceMap
Mapshot:

Spoiler:

And yes - I realise it's incredibly long. :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Map Title: Sebrene City
Description: This sea-side city is one of the largest in the region, playing host to the headquarters of it's biggest businesses. Ryde Corp has recently begun dumping it's by-products on the streets of Sebrene, leaving the nearby residents puzzled as to how they suddenly lost the capabilities to competently handle their manufactured waste. The relaxing sea and beach provide a handy release from the heavy-handed business conducted within the city. There is a long sea route to the East of Sebrene, while you can exit on foot to either the North or West. Finally, it also plays host to the region's only bicycle shop.
Credits: PrinceLegendario, Dewitty, Epic Day, WesleyFG, TB Pro, Calis Projects, minorthreat0987, LU-HO
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
i hope i am still allowed to psot:)
map name: medika city
description:this is a city near mountain thats why mountains exist inside the city too.here u meet the second gym leader in on house in a medical ordinance where u will be able to fight her than.
credits:rossay , ultimospriter , weslayfg , boomxbig , LU-HO (advance map)
map shot
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Map Title: Saintony Forest
Description: A wooded area situated near Saintony City
Credits: Game Freak/Nintendo, LU-HO (AdvanceMap)
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

NOTE: This wasn't the map I originally planned on posting, but somehow the ROM I was working on became a corrupted file since this morning. I have no desire to spend another 3 or 4 hours recreating it, so I just posted a map from an old hack I was working on.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
Since AdvanceMap and RPG Maker XP are only the suggested tools for this contest (and not declared as "have to be used") and since I'm hacking Pokemon Crystal at the moment just for fun, I decided to use Pokemon Crystal Map Ver. 0.97.

Map Title: Tin Tower 9th Floor Revamp
Description: I used the map of the Tin Tower 9th Floor from Pokemon Crystal and edited it. So the map is made by myself, I just used the map that I mentioned before as a base. All of the tiles shown in this pictures are originally from Pokemon Crystal. The "Arcanine puppet thing" and the "wood charcoal" thing are also gtraphics from Pokemon Crystal, but those graphics can only be found and used when editing a tile with the Crystal Map Block Editor (which is included in that tool).
Credits: Everyone, who contributed something to the developement of the hacking tool "CrystalMap Ver. 0.97" (The "About..." section originally says : "CRYS MAP Version 0.97 by Glumanda10000.GM 1.41 by Jigglypuff. Danka an JamesR, Filb und alle anderen Romhackern. ^_^."). Oh and btw, sorry if some "floor parts" (look at Arcanine and the corcoal) or "objects" (the cutted-off fence part) don't match 100% with the map. I can only use defined in-game sprite pieces and put them together to make a tile, but I can't change every pixel so yeah.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Map Title: Route 151
Description: Two rivers flow together, stay joined for a couple of moments, the flow into the vast ocean. The hole is for a Hidden Move called Tunnel. To the north is a small port town.
Credits: X-Buster, Wesley FG, zetavares, Dewitty and Alistair for tiles and LU-HO for AdvanceMap.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back