• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need RM2K Resources? Click Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
frostweaver said:
b) some darn complex code beyond my knowledge... though i have seen games that have done that. However... they are the RM2K veterans who paint everything themselves, make battle animation themselves and etc...
Just so you know, someone who "paints" everything themselves, and makes their own battle animations, characters, chips, etc. is called a "Spriter", not an RM2K vet.
Although I'm both, I know the difference between these two of my many sides.
(I like my "happy-go-lucky+intelligent+rpg veteran" side. lol)
Because sure you can put the two together, but this kind of ingnorance (no offense) gets to me. It's like people calling chipsets "map tile piece images", or even worse... "Maps". lol
Anyway, like I said before: No offense, it just had to be said.

Peace out! ;)

PS: If anyone needs help with something advanced in RM2K, whether it be Pok?mon related or not, lemme know.
I'll help you with anything from "How do I make the "e" in Pokemon?" to "How do I make a trainer show up in battle to set out his/her Pok?mon?"

(and by the by... to make the "?", you hold the ALT key and press either of the following sequences: 0130 or 0233, then let go of ALT. Also note that it will show up as jibberish in RM2K/3, but I've created altered an RPG_RT.exe file that allows it to be shown (along with the letter "k") by typing "$e")

Peace out! ;) ...Again.:\ lol

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
jirachi361 said:
can someone help me? when i try to test play my game, it always says 'Cannot Open File System'. can somebody help me? please?
Probably something a lil' more like: "Cannot open file: System.png", right?
Just make sure that there is a file named whatever shows up in the error in the appropriate folder.
If it says System, put it in the System folder.
If it says pokechar01 or something like that, put it in the Charset folder.
Make sure you're putting in the right file, though (obviously)

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
Hey, I'd like a Ruby/Sapphire Ho-oh battle sprite(you get Ho-Oh from Pokemon Colloseum), some outer ruby/sapphire chip sets, trainer sprites, pokeball animation from ruby/sapphire, a Ho-Oh, blastoise and Pikachu cry sounds, and an updaited Red (Ash) Chara set and an updaited Pikachu charset. And I won't ask for anything more until I use those. Man, I'm overworking you, arent I. Sorry.... :'(

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Go to www.pokefor.tk for battle sprites. They've got 'em all.
The URL for Ho-Oh front is http://pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_normal/250.png
The back is:
http://pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_normal_back/250.png

You can take r/s chipsets from other peoples' games if they let you, or you can always try www.gamingw.net

You can definatlely get r/s charsets from www.gamingw.net. They have a whole section for Pokemon.

Can't help you with those sounds. But you can try www.findsounds.com

RTP has a good ash/pikachu, and www.gaminggroundzero.com has an excellent Ash charset with all the other main character trainers and a lot of the pokemon, as well as special poses like bike, surfing, etc. The creator is Syxtem, if you want to do a search on Gaming Ground Zero (GGZ, www.gaminggroundzero.com)

Hope I helped.

Years
You do not require permission from a person that has a Pokemon chipset/charset/ or whatever in their game, since they did not make it.. and ripping graphics doesnt make them yours..

However if they made their OWN graphics in Pokemon style, then you need THEIR permission to use it

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
DarkMage31 said:
Go to www.pokefor.tk for battle sprites. They've got 'em all.
The URL for Ho-Oh front is http://pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_normal/250.png
The back is:
http://pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_normal_back/250.png

You can take r/s chipsets from other peoples' games if they let you, or you can always try www.gamingw.net

You can definatlely get r/s charsets from www.gamingw.net. They have a whole section for Pokemon.

Can't help you with those sounds. But you can try www.findsounds.com

RTP has a good ash/pikachu, and www.gaminggroundzero.com has an excellent Ash charset with all the other main character trainers and a lot of the pokemon, as well as special poses like bike, surfing, etc. The creator is Syxtem, if you want to do a search on Gaming Ground Zero (GGZ, www.gaminggroundzero.com)

Hope I helped.
... That didn't help to much... I need actual pokemon that are walking. That RTP pokemon charaset SUCKS! I need GBA graphics. At gamingw.net, they only have the party sprites. I need sprites, for instance, of Pikachu that walk like in Yellow Version, except updaited to GBA style.

Years
Hm i cant make Pikachu.. not good at the Pokemons.. but i made a Gary set (FR/LG style) into a full set like the Hero trainers :S i just need to compile it into a charset
Except there is no back pic though..

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hm...Since the escources thread is kinda getting cluttered from requests,
why don't we sticky this one and use this thread to take requests and the other
one to upload?
Just a thought.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
This thread is nine months old, please don't bump threads over a month old. And don't double post either, I see you're new here but you're supposed to read the rules before posting. We have a Resource Thread with a lot of Pokemon chipsets in and a Request Thread for asking for more resources. Please use them in the future.

*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back