• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need RM2K Resources? Click Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Hello Everyone ,

If anyone Needs RM2K help please post it in this thread and an Assistant will be with you shortly , thank you.

Also If you need any Files , Want to test something out ... Reply in this thread ^_^

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    RPGM2K is a a game, even if it makes games, so I'm going to move it accordingly. ^_^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Lucifer said:
    GamingWorld is a pretty good place to find resources. Yes.

yes definitely... they got EVERYTHING there. It's also the place where i learn to use RM2K as well ^_^

but only problem is their tutorials. It's so complicated! I know the basic stuff like switches and variables (they have guides on those), and when i try to read the "next level in difficulty" tutorials, i don't have a clue what they're talking about... they just don't have tutorials and guides for the people within the transitional stage of newbie and veteran...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    I would like to have a battle system...
    And i would also like to know if you add pokemon to the monster or hero list? and how to capture pokemon also, if anyone can help me on any of these,that would be cool

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2007
    pokemon game

pokemon facesets,pkmn battle systems,pkmn theme song,pkmn chipsets,pkmn attack animations,if you have any of these please email me with them

[email protected]

thanks

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • gamingw only has Pokemon charset (but nothing else Pokemon). However they got pretty much rips from every single SNES RPG game (which is the primary resources for RM2K)

Battle System is hardcoded. You can't do anything about it, unless either....
    a) "out of battle" battling. But this is almost nothing but "screwed up" as it's near impossible to do random battling. Plus every event will have like 900 pages attached to it since RM2K cannot perform calculations (no it's not a computer programming program like Visualbasic or Borland, so don't even try IF statements and etc)

b) some darn complex code beyond my knowledge... though i have seen games that have done that. However... they are the RM2K veterans who paint everything themselves, make battle animation themselves and etc... if what i know is like a candlelight, then what they know must be as bright as the great moonlight (no pun intended)

now regarding kecleon's questions...

Pokemon battle animation: it's exactly the same way how you manage normal battle animation. Just have to do it yourself. If you mean Pokemon battle animation that are exactly alike to the gameboy, then you are doing one of the following:
    a) using the wrong program. If you're making your own Pokemon game, you should hack from the original one and transform it so much that it's like your own. We have a forum dedicated to hacking... check there
    b) wasting too much time... RM2K is capable of better graphics compare to GBC and equal in power to GBA

There are NO pokemon faceset... so paint yourself?

Music files: i strongly suggest you NOT to do this. The only available Pokemon music out there are wav file (there are mp3s but RM2K do not support mp3 even with the so called "mp3 patch". That patch is a phoney unless they released a new version to fix it). And one wav file is big enough to double the size of your game... making it very hard to distribute. I have first hand experience to this problem for 22sa's game so... believe me. If you insist on doing so, play the game with roms and visualboyadvance emulator, and tehre will be a handy option to record the background music as a wav file. Import the wav file to RM2K and voila!

i believe i emailed you the only 4 pokemon chipset available already... there are some rare tutorials out there that will teach you how to rip chipsets too so you can learn it yourself and rip it yourself as well (imho, the 4 chipsets available now is completely insufficient to a game maker's needs)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • you WILL need that 11mb (and very soon you'll find that those 11mb worth of files will not satisfy your thirst for even more files). Yes get the expansion pack and after that hunt all over the internet for more files to add to your RTP. My RTP is at 23 mb right now and i just cleaned it up already (by deleting some that i will never use cause they're no longer "good enough")

and veterans most likely have like 30 mb of files? RM2K is a very complicated program and it does require some patience in downloading, hunting files and many other stuff. But it's all worth it (well it certainly does... a RPG Maker program that is capable of making stealth type of games is certainly very comlex and powerful, worthwhile too)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it's IMPOSSIBLE. no way i'll send a 20+ mb file, and no way you'll receive a 20+ mb file as well...

hunting these RTP files are half the fun anyway... you may find it boring now, but wait until you get to the battle calculations... then you'll know true boredom.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Well, a PC RPG game is in development... lol... with a new storyline..

I don't even want to make a game in VB... it's too hard and it can make me fustrated coding 1,000,000,000 lines of codes. -_-

I use MIDIs instead of wavs because wavs take too much room!

Last edited:

YAS1

What's this...?
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    you WILL need that 11mb (and very soon you'll find that those 11mb worth of files will not satisfy your thirst for even more files). Yes get the expansion pack and after that hunt all over the internet for more files to add to your RTP. My RTP is at 23 mb right now and i just cleaned it up already (by deleting some that i will never use cause they're no longer "good enough")

and veterans most likely have like 30 mb of files? RM2K is a very complicated program and it does require some patience in downloading, hunting files and many other stuff. But it's all worth it (well it certainly does... a RPG Maker program that is capable of making stealth type of games is certainly very comlex and powerful, worthwhile too)
    so i should get the rtp files and the rtp expansion pack?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • yes get them all... and later import your own materials as well (gamingworld should be enough for "extra materials"... they got too much stuff)

but don't worry too much about materials. A well made plot will be your greatest obstacle towards game making... trust me in that. After a good plot is figured out, everything (provided that you have patience) will come together easily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back