• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey mamamama and co. I love the way this game looks so far and all the effort you have put into it! I will be playing this game very soon and I shall return with feedback! :]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I really love reading your battle stories Mochorro. Stuff like this was the biggest reason I got into hacking to begin with. You approach a lot of battles differently than I did in my first playthrough which for me is really fun to read.

Norman is definitely one of my favorite battles in this hack (although Flannery in the sun puts up a good fight, too), so I'm glad that he didn't turn out to be an easy sweep.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Game is very awesome so far :D Just lost to roxanne for the first time, because I have a rule where I catch the first pokemon only in each route, so my team is smoochum, hoppip, krabby, poochyena, butterfree and ponyta. Yeah ikr not strong :P Only real *problems* is that I find it odd that anorith and lileep are only level 12 whereas the rest of her team is 15, except nosepass which I havent even seen yet :/ And I love that you put cacnea on her team. And for some reason I keep missing most of my powder snows and bullet seeds in the sandstorm, which I did know that effect even existed in gen 3 0.o But overall game is superb :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Game is very awesome so far :D Just lost to roxanne for the first time, because I have a rule where I catch the first pokemon only in each route, so my team is smoochum, hoppip, krabby, poochyena, butterfree and ponyta. Yeah ikr not strong :P Only real *problems* is that I find it odd that anorith and lileep are only level 12 whereas the rest of her team is 15, except nosepass which I havent even seen yet :/ And I love that you put cacnea on her team. And for some reason I keep missing most of my powder snows and bullet seeds in the sandstorm, which I did know that effect even existed in gen 3 0.o But overall game is superb :)

Nice :) I love using Krabby in the first gym as it can Harden against the Dig users, kill Lileep with Cut and use Bubble.

The reason I put the levels low on the two fossils was to make them less frustrating to kill, as they were pretty overpowered at level 15. Now they do similar damage as her other Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Okay so I beat roxanne on my second try with a bunch of team changes, I took banana the sunkern without knowing it wouldnt obey me -.- Welp back in the box he goes :P But luckily he still got an absorb off on the nosepass so poochyena could clutch it with a crit bite :D And thats what I thought with the sand veil thing but the onix was originally dodging my attacks :/

EDIT: yea the fossils were OP, and now im in brawlys gym and mankeys using rest to heal doesnt work with vital spirit, they dont heal at all, changing needed :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I fixed that Mankey now, nice that you found it :)

Anyway. I've got a new update which bring a lot of nice features:
- Implemented the Physical/Special Split.
- Edited all the movesets and trainers (and the EVs/natures of them to better accommodate the Physical/Special split (Will also update the Battle Frontier trainers very soon))
- Added 13 new attacks into the game complete with animations as I felt they were required with the Gen IV split (See original post update)
- Made most attacks similar to Gen 6 in power/accuracy/effect etc. Also added a few moves like Ice Punch on Azumarill and Bounce on Gyarados to give them their future gen functionality
- The game is now forced into Set battle, you can no longer use Shift.
- You can no longer use healing items in battle (neither can the AI). Thus, moves like Rest, Heal Bell, and Recover become viable options. You can still use X Attack and Dire Hit etc. but they are a bit more expensive than before
- Edited some of the music in the game and put in some Diamond/Pearl music. I might do more of this later.
- Decapitalized all items, Pokemon names, and Moves. I will decap more (such as trainers) but it's so tedious.
- Edited the in-game trades. No more Sunkern :( and other small changes
- Hyper Beam is no longer a TM, Focus Blast took its place
- Since the flutes are no longer useful in battle, they can be sold at a high price.
- Wattson is now easier than before, while Flannery and Winona are more difficult.
- Tyranitar can now have Battle Armor for those who don't want Sandstorm
- Since Roxanne will likely be even more annoying than before, Staryu and Poliwag are now catchable before the first gym and Poliwag evolves as early as level 16.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, that is an amazing update! So that's the huge update you spoke about! You know what I am gonna do? I am going to finish the previous version with my actual team, because I want to finish it, and changing the ROM now wouldn't make sense (my Alakazam has the elemental punches, and it doesn't have Recover, xD.) and then I'll start the game again with this new version and a different team. Well, in my gameplay I haven't reached Winona yet, but I have explored everything I could with Surf (surprised I didn't find TM13 at the Abandoned Ship, where is it?) And I am at route 119 now, I have beaten Team Aqua and got Castform, there I am now, I have to fight the rival.

Now I want to beat this gameplay fast so that I can start your new version, your new update looks so good!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Wow, that is an amazing update! So that's the huge update you spoke about! You know what I am gonna do? I am going to finish the previous version with my actual team, because I want to finish it, and changing the ROM now wouldn't make sense (my Alakazam has the elemental punches, and it doesn't have Recover, xD.) and then I'll start the game again with this new version and a different team. Well, in my gameplay I haven't reached Winona yet, but I have explored everything I could with Surf (surprised I didn't find TM13 at the Abandoned Ship, where is it?) And I am at route 119 now, I have beaten Team Aqua and got Castform, there I am now, I have to fight the rival.

Now I want to beat this gameplay fast so that I can start your new version, your new update looks so good!

Glad that you like it so far!

An option if you don't like to play through it twice is to apply the new patch and fish for Luvdisc in Route 103 and use Thief. They are extremely common and hold heart scales, so you can easily relearn moves such as recover.

Ice Beam is now a Game Corner exclusive, since you only need to obtain it once to have an infinite amount (same with double team, which I am considering removing as a TM).

I am currently playing through it again, and Staryu with recover proved to be a savior against Roxanne's Nosepass, I think it was the first time I got through her without whiting out once. Currently at 2 white outs total, I lost to Brawly despite having a Milotic due to my own stupidity and I managed to white out against the Team Aqua dude in Petalburg Woods (lol).

Current Team: Milotic, Mankey, Nidorino, Smoochum, Grovyle, and Quilava.

To LeHuX: You can catch all 386 Pokemon in this hack, including previous starters. Some of them will be given to you and some of them are found in the wild.

EDIT: Noticed that I forgot to make Focus Blast a fighting type as it is Normal Type atm. An update will be released very soon to fix that along with some other issues, such as fixing movesets for Frontier Brains to be more in-line with this hacks mechanics, balancing wattson, and some music edits. Expect this update in the next few days.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I decided to Decap as much as I possibly could which was way more than I could ever expect. That's why it's a bit delayed. I'm making progress though so I believe that the next patch will have most of the text decapped as well as a few other goodies.

I'm also considering doing the Day/Night system for this. However, if I am to implement that, I want to do it nicely. That would mean: Light in windows and different Pokemon catchable at night. Thus, it could be awhile.

Sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Found another glitch when testing the game. Repels and Potions have been reduced for some reason so 250 has become 25 and 100 has become 10 etc. This will also be fixed in the upcoming update.

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
I decided to Decap as much as I possibly could which was way more than I could ever expect. That's why it's a bit delayed. I'm making progress though so I believe that the next patch will have most of the text decapped as well as a few other goodies.

I'm also considering doing the Day/Night system for this. However, if I am to implement that, I want to do it nicely. That would mean: Light in windows and different Pokemon catchable at night. Thus, it could be awhile.

Sorry for the delay.

It's okay, take your time ^^

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2020
I am loving this hack! The variety and difficulty is really refreshing and really adds a new depth to the story mode. I'm playing it as a Nuzlocke so you can imagine the troubles I'm facing. And I'm enjoying them all! Chose Elekid and hopefully he'll see it to the end. Great hack!

Also, I PMed you about some questions on how you did some of the features in your hack. Do you think you could read it and respond? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
New Update:
  • Decap of most of the game (some small things may still be written in caps which will be fixed. I have not fully completed trendy words either because that got really tedious. I may or may not do it later)
  • Fixed old glitches such as Focus Blast typing and Potion/Repel glitch
  • Growth now has its new functionality (raises both attack stats under normal conditions and 2 steps in the sun)
  • Hitmontop now learns some new moves to make it a mix of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee in a normal playthrough.
  • Flareon and Rapidash now get Flame Wheel and Sacred Fire to make them more useful.
  • Wattson is now slightly weaker than before
  • Some new music has been added
  • Changed some of the in-game text to make sense with the hack. People no longer say that TMs can be used only once.
  • Added icons next to "Power:" so you can now see whether a move is Special, Physical, or Status
  • Battle Frontier Brains have had changed movesets to accomodate Physical/Special split.
  • Added Icicle Crash as a new move complete with animation and move description.
  • Added a small easteregg for Mochorro since I really liked the report of his run.

I've also updated the screenshots on the front page as the previous ones were outdated.

Years
New Update:
  • Decap of most of the game (some small things may still be written in caps which will be fixed. I have not fully completed trendy words either because that got really tedious. I may or may not do it later)
  • Fixed old glitches such as Focus Blast typing and Potion/Repel glitch
  • Growth now has its new functionality (raises both attack stats under normal conditions and 2 steps in the sun)
  • Hitmontop now learns some new moves to make it a mix of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee in a normal playthrough.
  • Flareon and Rapidash now get Flame Wheel and Sacred Fire to make them more useful.
  • Wattson is now slightly weaker than before
  • Some new music has been added
  • Changed some of the in-game text to make sense with the hack. People no longer say that TMs can be used only once.
  • Added icons next to "Power:" so you can now see whether a move is Special, Physical, or Status
  • Battle Frontier Brains have had changed movesets to accomodate Physical/Special split.
  • Added Icicle Crash as a new move complete with animation and move description.
  • Added a small easteregg for Mochorro since I really liked the report of his run.

I've also updated the screenshots on the front page as the previous ones were outdated.
Really nice! Will play this new update! Really want to see that easter egg! And also, I haven't been able to play these days because university is driving me crazy, but I'll keep on telling on my progress, when I get free time!

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Found two minor bugs:

-when ralts uses the ability trace, it still has a capitalized letter "d" at the end

-the spelling of the type(not the actual move): psychic has a missing i when seen in the ingame battles.. Havent checked if the summary is the same though

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
a lady in the Petalburg City Pokècenter called my Magby a Torchic.
Which lady is that?

@Splash
Will fix TraceD in the coming update. Psychic and Electric is shortened at some places due to lack of space (it's done the same way in vanilla).

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back