• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Disney Movies do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Original Animation

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Pixar

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Live Action

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, I figured this would be a good question to ask. I've read how some people on youtube prefer the animation side. However, I am curious to know what YOU guys prefer. Is it the animation side? The computer animation side or the live action side? Do you prefer all three maybe? Why or why not? Discuss~

As for me, I'm on the fence. I do think Disney should work on all three at once though. There's nothing wrong with mixing it up if you ask me. First they went from original animation though, then they went to pixar after John decided to collaborate with them. Now, they are going with live action.

It's almost like they have forgotten what Disney is all about too. I don't mind what they are doing in all honesty, but I kind of miss seeing the animation stuff like The Lion King or The Little Mermaid. It's what made Disney well... Disney. I get they need to stay up to date on what's happening now, but all they are doing is remaking films into live action. For example, Cinderella being remade. Maleficent wasn't really remade that much. It was based on the original Sleeping Beauty, yes... but it was more about Maleficent then it was Aurora. Personally, I adore this movie because Elle Fanning is one of my most favorite actresses.

I also loved the movie Frozen. I think the movie was amazing because I could relate to Elsa. The idea of the song alone made me feel like I wasn't alone. I won't go into detail with my reasons for loving Elsa and the movie Frozen though. :x

But yeah. There's going to be a multiple choice poll for you guys.

Years
  • I definitely prefer the animated movies, be it pixar or original. Animated has classics like Monsters Inc. Toy Story, Mulan, Pochahontas, and many more. Live action includes like... The Lizzie McGuire Movie? Disney live movies never really struck me as being that great. The only decent one I can think of is High School Musical, which (let's be real) I only like because I grew up with it. Others like Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior or Angelina running around with CGI for 2 hours Maleficent are just uh... not nearly as good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Pixar movies are probably my favorite moves. Nothing can compare to Toy Story, Finding Nemo and the The Incredibles! Disney has some good real life movies that I liked when I was younger like The Even Stevens movie or even Lemonade Mouth but it can't compare to Pixar or even the animated movies like Tarzan or Aladdin.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Pixar is the best! wreck it ralph is definitely one of my favorite movies. i'm so happy i got meet vanellope at disney world before she stopped doing appearances there.

omg I love her! You are so lucky. D:

I agree with Pixar because they have made some pretty decent movies such as Wreck it Ralph, Toy Story and Finding Nemo. Though, I'm not too keen on the Toy Story sequels other than maybe Toy Story 2? *shrug* Finding Nemo is one of my most favorite movies though. <3 Dory was obviously the best one. :P

Years
  • The old stuff is the best, nothing tops The Lion King, Mulan, or Toy Story in terms of how good the movies were and in terms of cultural impact. Live action could be just as good, I thought the new Kenneth Branagh Cinderella movie was great, all things considered. But there's magic in the older, animated movies, pre-pixar that I don't think the newer films have.

Years
  • As much as I love Pixar films I would have to go for the non-Pixar animated films as my answer, specifically the older ones.

Although this could be because I have a lot more nostalgia attached to the animated films from the early to mid 90's than I do to any other kind of Disney movie, Pixar included. I pretty much grew up on those animated movies, Pixar didn't come into the scene until I was a bit older, so yeah. And then the live-action movies are slightly hit or miss for me, I don't mind them and I have found some of them to be good, but I'm usually not scrambling to go see them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I love both Pixar and classic Disney Animation and whilst its hard Pixar has Bugs Life, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Monsters Inc to name a few
    Disney Animation just has even more classics. Little Mermaid, Sleeping Bueaty, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, Hercules, Robin Hood and this is just off the top of my head....

Live Action could be there one day thou the resent Cinderella was FANTASTIC

Years
  • I prefer the new generation CGI films (Frozen, Tangled etc). But I really like Pixar stuff as well as the traditional animation stuff. Some of the live actions ones are OK but not great but Pirates of the Caribbean, Lone Ranger and Price of Persia are epic though.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I prefer traditional 2D Disney movies. I simply like that more than CGI, that's all there is, really.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm a huge fan of Disney Pixar films, as well as their original animation. I have heaps of favourites from both. On the Pixar side, I love Finding Nemo, the Toy Story movies, The Incredibles, and Monsters Inc, to name a few. From the original animation movies, I can't go past The Lion King, Mulan, and The Little Mermaid. tbh it's pretty difficult for me to choose between these two - I love how aesthetically beautiful the Pixar movies are, and they have a lot of complexity to them as well. On the other hand, the original animation films are just classics and were such a huge part of my childhood, and a lot of them have amazing soundtracks too. I can't really choose between those two, though I like them both better than Disney's live action films, which tend not to leave much of an impression on me.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I do not really care who made as much as the movie itself. I really liked The Lion King (and its sequals unlike most people), Big Hero 6, Cars 1&2 and Frozen (and again, I wwould not compare the latter to the, former unlike most people).

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2015
    Kind of a difficult decision for me.
    While I love the new live action theme they're going along with, I can't help but find myself missing old school Disney.
    It's just that Simba, Hercules, Pocohontas, Ariel, Mulan, Belle, and so many others have left such a profound effect on me. I kinda get excited at the thought of a new animated movie.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Im sort of for all of it, but the traditional animation is the best. Not much beats the Incredibles and Wreck It Ralph tho.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • Love old style animation - the Lion King, the Little Mermaid, Mulan, and my favourite Sleeping Beauty.
    Of the live action ones I only liked Prince of Persia, and of the newer CGI Tangled is just acceptable. Don't like the others.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Dunno! The Disney Renaissance era holds some of the best animated movies of all time (still boggles my mind that Anastasia isn't a Disney movie), but the first 10/12 years of Pixar are fantastic too. I guess the best answer is 'that period' - '89 to 2007.

Back