• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Disney Movies do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Original Animation

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Pixar

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Live Action

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

pkmin3033

I grew up with the traditional animated Disney films, and those are what I prefer. I haven't really enjoyed the more recent Pixar films - Frozen, Tangled etc - and, whilst I don't find them offensively bad, they just...don't click with me the same way the animated movies did. There are plenty of awful traditionally animated movies, sure (pretty much all the sequels except for The Return of Jafar and Simba's Pride) and I loved the Toy Story trilogy, but on the whole I see a drop in quality. Maybe I'm just getting too old for them.

...plus Disney will never top The Emperor's New Groove. Never. It's the greatest film they've ever made and will ever make.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
    I greatly prefer original, hand drawn animation by Disney... but I have to admit some of their CG stuff has been absolutely spectacular.

Years
    I am probably about to repeat myself a bit since I just posted in the Inside Out thread...

Pixar hands down as Pepperton said. There are a few gems from the other animation studios (Lion King, Wreck-It-Ralph), but I much prefer Pixar's consistency and I think their best films are better than the other studios' best. In terms of the traditional live action Disney films rather than newly acquired things like Marvel or Star Wars, I would have to say I am really struggling to think of one I specifically like. I am sure if I looked at a list I would find some, but for me definitely Pixar.

Bay

Years
    I haven't gotten to watch the more recent live action Disney films, so by default traditional and Pixar/CGI Disney films I prefer. Like the others, there have been some pretty good Pixar films and they've been consistent with the quality, but a lot of the traditional Disney films I still have fond memories of.

Back