• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Cries

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
yet the anime has little to do with the games save for the location and pokemon, plus you wouldn't know about pikachu's cry unless you've played the game, so, quit whining, there are constant ties to every gen in pokemon, past and future, if you don't like, play something else, otherwise keep your pointless opinions to yourself

Erm, what? I heard Pikachu's cry before I ever played the games, but that was just because I watched the anime before ever hearing about the video games. You can't deny the anime influencing the games in return, because otherwise, what was Pokemon Yellow supposed to be then?

I also do not mind references to past generations, in fact I love discovering them as I play. It's the genwunner pandering in X/Y that annoys me.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Erm, what? I heard Pikachu's cry before I ever played the games, but that was just because I watched the anime before ever hearing about the video games. You can't deny the anime influencing the games in return, because otherwise, what was Pokemon Yellow supposed to be then?

I also do not mind references to past generations, in fact I love discovering them as I play. It's the genwunner pandering in X/Y that annoys me.

there is no pandering and the anime crys are not the game's, saying their own names is for the little 5 year olds so they can learn who the pokemon is. Ash's anime is for little kids and is limited as such, the games on the other hand are held to standard. Just sucks the pikachu has to stay it's stupid childish self forever.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
Overall, I like the changes. Since they made Pikachu have a real voice or w/e, I think they at least should have given the same treatment to Raichu and Pichu. =P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
I think they are better, and I am also pleased that they would take the time to work on such a miniscule detail. That's dedication.

Back