• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones or Earbuds?

Headphones or Earbuds?

• Total voters

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • I prefer earbuds personally. Headphones are always so bulky and I usually have a lot of hair on my head so I either have to mess with how it's styled so that I can wear my headphones comfortably or just put them on over the hair and try not to move too much because they'll end up falling off.

Years
  • I really should get a good pair of headphones for my computer, but when I'm listening to music on the go, I'll take earbuds over headphones. For the longest time, I never actually cared for earbuds, but I found they were a lot more convenient than a pair of headphones, and I spend $10 on a decent pair, and they'll usually last me for 6 months. It took a little bit of time to get used to how they felt in my ears, but now I barely notice when they're in.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Earbuds are the work of the devil. Unless they've got a hook on them that latches onto your ear, in which case I shall accept them then. Headphones are superior though. And don't break nearly half as much

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • Earbuds.=3 Comfortablr, small, light, pretty=3 I have headphones, but put them on rarely, because they are too heavy for me.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I prefer wearing headphones by far.

Unfortunately, most of the time I listen to portable music, it's when I'm playing basketball - and I can't really wear headphones while running around like that. :P

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Headphones are better in a personal setting. They generally have great sound quality.
    Earbuds are way better on the go. Headphones suck on the go. They're hard to store, taking up a lot of space. You look like a douchebag wearing them around in public(it's true, just accept it) and they get in the way.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Earbuds, hands down, absolutely, no question. I could not even imagine doing the work that I do with a bigass pair of headphones over my head/around my neck. That would drive me completely insane and make me look like a total moron.

On the flip side though, if I'm at home chilling at my desk, I prefer headphones for better sound quality and all of that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I'm on the go, it's always earbuds.

Earbuds don't take any effort to carry, really, at least for me, and above it all, they don't block any outside sound, either, which is kind of important when you're out.

I could tolerate headphones, but it's been a while since I've owned one; three to four years ago was the last time I had a pair of headphones. They're great while you're at home trying to listen to something loud (which might be bothersome to those who live with you), but unfortunately, they could be pretty pricey.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I like earbuds better, I've been using them for 10+ years nonstop, so I'm just used to them.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I probably should get a better pair of in-ears at this rate.

I really like my really comfy Sennheiser headphones, though. It's actually the first set of on-ear, closed headphones that actually worked like a charm for me. Most on-ears tend to end up messing up or end up not sealing at all when it's on my head.

That, and the foam is nice and cushy.

Did I mention the audio quality? It's miles ahead of anything I've ever owned before. Been a very happy owner for almost two years, and it still somehow hasn't broken yet.

Now, if only I can get a pair of in-ears that are as nice as these cans, and sound as nice as these, too. They are definitely portable, but... the ones I'm using are quite at the bottom of the barrel. Not very comfortable, but at least they block noise very well.

Years
    • Seen today
    I hate headphones. I don't know if I have some bizarrely proportioned head or something, but I've never managed to find a single pair that fit me comfortably, and it's not for a lack of trying.

However, I find it useful to distinguish between earphones that are and aren't earbuds. The ones that aren't are the ones that have the thing that go around your ear to hold them in place; I hate earbuds, but I love other earphones.

Sir Codin

Earbuds just really irritate my ears for some reason, plus you get better bass boost with headphones.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Headphones are much more comfortable in long periods so I've used them for a long time. The only earphonesI used were the Apple ones if those count, normally earbuds will fall out my ears if I move so I've never bothered with them.

りょ

Ryo
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    I really can't use earbods for anything but working out.
    The sound quality just doesn't cut it. Even though I have quite expensive ones.
    Over-ear FTW.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • For me it's either over-ear headphones or nothing at all. I can listen to them all day (more often than not) without faituge. With earbuds I wouldn't be able to leave them alone because they'd get uncomfortable fast. I'm sure more expensive IEMs would be fine but for the $10 pairs people buy to throw around I never found a pair I actually liked.

りょ

Ryo
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    For me it's either over-ear headphones or nothing at all. I can listen to them all day (more often than not) without faituge. With earbuds I wouldn't be able to leave them alone because they'd get uncomfortable fast. I'm sure more expensive IEMs would be fine but for the $10 pairs people buy to throw around I never found a pair I actually liked.

I'm using the Shure SEs. Those start to get 'worth it' at 90 bucks. Detachable cables and all that good stuff. But even with my higher-tiered ones they still give my ears fatique after some 3-4 hours of listening to music. But they will never ever fall out of your ears.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm find with both of these as I'm quite comfortable to wear, but I say overall are Ear Phones just what happen if the soft zone peels out of the buds it really reaks yours ears.

Back