• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dies Irae Upon Us OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • D'aww thanks. Shame it exists though. I hate the thought of getting older. Ever since I was 6. I remember crying on my 8th birthday because I wanted to stay 7. But anyway...
    Who's saying that? I can't tell!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • My post will follow once we are en route or in Hoenn.

That or after plenty of others post. I wanna be dead for a while.

Years
  • Then thank you very much X3
    Zora's on her own :O
    Anyway, how vast is the storyline going to be? As in, are we going to be pulling in all the little secrets and stories of the Pokemon world and its Legendaries?

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • The story hopefully will be very interesting as far as details go lol

Might pull in legends and secrets like that.

The first post of the Rp basically ina legend.

The story will make sense as we dig deeper into it lol

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I'd hate to be an *******, but I am gonna do it anyway. In the main forum, I think many of us are getting lazy with our posting lol. I am seeing lots of basic grammar errors, ones that can be avoided with proofreading (I do it too. I am not perfect lol. Ask my English teacher.). Also, the post lengths. We are barely reaching the minimum and some of us, I won't mention names, are copying and pasting others parts and implanting some original material in the form of a IC response.

Sure I may sound like a jackass here, but I think we should improve for the sake of bolstering the quality of the story. That means: Better grammar and longer, more original (and detailed posts). I am aware that some may be weaker writers or inexperienced. I, myself, need to improve my posts in terms of quality and quantity (According to my English teacher, I need to improve my word choice. Just an example). But, I believe that this RP can be significantly improved by taking my and any other criticism not as an insult, but as a sincere desire to help.

So I apologize ahead of time if I offended anyone. I am simply trying to help everyone out. Feel free to criticize me if you want lol.

Years
  • Direct interaction = shorter posts. I agree with the spelling and grammar though. It would be embaressing if you meant me though, as I write it up in Open Office.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I'm somewhat of a Grammar Nazi. XD But I know that I do make the occasional typo/ mistake, especially because I'm a fast typer and try and get all my ideas out at once. XD; I agree with Shen's statement about direct interaction = shorter posts, plus I'd like to throw in that because Fenton tolerates Lucia/ Travis, she hasn't got any particularly strong feelings for me to describe.

My teachers never gave me advice on how to improve my creative writing... ._.; But I'll play around with Free Rice today, because I guess I can always expand my vocabulary. XD

On a random note: I really do like my new haircut. 8D

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I do understand the whole direct interaction=shorter posts but I was in RP where no matter what people constructed multi-paragraph posts. This included direct interaction, but my bigger concern is we, as a whole, are not/barely meeting the minimum requirement for RP posts. I rather not have the moderators breathe down our necks about it.

It is merely a suggestion. Now I am probably the ******* nobody likes lol.

Years
  • That's the problem with RPs these days... Everyone seems to think that every post has to be a chapter in itself. Then they get mad at newbies who accidently bunny when they try and follow an example. In order to maintain a sense of realism, you don't HAVE to write about every little feeling your character has when asked: "What would you like for lunch?".
    Not trying to be the jerkass you hope you aren't, but a good RP isn't one where each post is an essay. When the characters are, for the most part, alone or independant, then yeah; people expect something long, detailed and worth reading. During those times you try and flesh out your character. But when with conversation and whatnot, you have to remember that the focus is no longer on your character. You take it in turns to talk, adding little bits to each post, and try and create the relationship, good or bad.
    RPing is a LOT harder than people think. You get so many who think they can just write a lot and think they're good. The shorter posts are the hard ones but ultimately are the ones that make the RP an RP, rather than a bunch of characters and their own stories in close proximity to each other.

Now I'm the arrogant hypocrite nobody likes no doubt.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Please tell that to the high society people that scare me with their 10-paragraph posts. Those are the ones that implanted this standard into my mind.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • lol
    Didn't think grammer would come up any time soon...actually I believe it would.

My keyboard can sometimes suck and certain keys will not type when I want them to. Especially the space bar.

You see my combined words like youwould?

Space bar can be a jerk at times lol

I had to add about three letters in this post for no mispelled words or something

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I have a few pet peeves about grammar and spelling. For the most part, we have done fairly well. I am just saying a small boost in the quality of grammar would make the posts better.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Rawr. O: Samurai-Master, a question for you. Tomorrow = April 5th, which happens to be the day I put down for Fen's birthday. I'm not sure which month the role play takes place in, but I was wondering if it'd be okay for me to add a year to her age? o:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back