• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lenore Region OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
  • Oops, forgot about that. I thought that since Gligar was also a Flying-type, electric moves would affect it. Like Aron, who is Steel/Rock. Electricity affects him even though he's a Rock-type, which is supposed to be immune to electric attacks. So yeah, I thought Gligar was like him. XD My mistake.

Ground-types (and Shedinja) are the only Pokemon immune to Electric attacks. Electric hits Rock for 1x effectiveness.

I think the confusion arose with the anime, which allowed Brock's Onix to be damaged by Thundershock... but if you try zapping something like Sudowoodo or Nosepass (which are pure Rock-types), they take the damage.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Ground-types (and Shedinja) are the only Pokemon immune to Electric attacks. Electric hits Rock for 1x effectiveness.

I think the confusion arose with the anime, which allowed Brock's Onix to be damaged by Thundershock... but if you try zapping something like Sudowoodo or Nosepass (which are pure Rock-types), they take the damage.

That makes no sense. : / If I shock a pure rock... it'll work? lol

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Yeah, it's new to me too. xD Is Geodude a Ground-type as well? Because electricity doesn't affect him...

The Scientist

Years
  • Yeah, it's new to me too. xD Is Geodude a Ground-type as well? Because electricity doesn't affect him...

Geodude's a Rock/Ground type, so the Ground sub-type makes him resist Electricity.

And Wolf, the answer to your question is yes. As long as the Rock Pokemon doesn't have a Ground sub-type, feel free to zap the hell out of it.

Rock Pokemon that you can hit with Electric attacks:

Sudowoodo
    Nosepass
    Regirock
    Rampardos

Omastar (Rock/Water)
    Kabutops (Rock/Water)
    Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)
    Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)
    Lunatone (Rock/Psychic)
    Solrock (Rock/Psychic)
    Cradily (Rock/Grass)
    Armaldo (Rock/Bug)
    Bastiodon (Rock /Steel)
    Probopass (Rock /Steel)
    Shuckle (Bug/Rock)
    Magcargo (Fire/Rock)
    Corsola (Water/Rock)
    Aggron (Steel/Rock)
    Relicanth (Water/Rock)

All other Rock types have a Ground sub-type that makes them immune to Electricity. So yeah, you can kill Tyranitar with Thunderbolt.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    LOL, really? Pichu vs Tyranitar XD Wow, I didn't know...next time I'll be sure to remember.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • O.O I think Tyranitar might kill Pichu. Poor thing.
    Ahh That episode with Pikachu and Brock's Onix screwed me over something fierce when I was like 7 [Had Yellow for Christmas] I swore to all thing Holy that my lvl 8 Pikachu could KO his Onix XD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Lol, I remember a few years ago when this boy asked me what level my Pikachu was at(it was in Yellow), and I replied 11, so he was like, "What? Why don't you beat the Gym then? Kill the rock-types with Quick Attack!" and I just stared at him like...WTH?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Haha!
    Check out My Homemade TC =3 *gives herself a pat on the back*
    Amisa_Blake_TC_2.png

P.S Tristan Rocks!
    Cause I had noo clue how to make these ._.;;;;
    I don't like the way Bellsprout came out but *shrugs* meh, whatever

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Unfotunately the server went down while i was writting my new post so i lost it all :( Just to know why im not posting today....It pissed me off -.- Ill try to catch up the everyone else the quickest i can. And wolf, thanks for the tips ;) Its quite hard to make a good battle for me, mainly because of the description, because i miss some words -.- Anyway ill sure try nextime :D

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Unfotunately the server went down while i was writting my new post so i lost it all :( Just to know why im not posting today....It pissed me off -.- Ill try to catch up the everyone else the quickest i can. And wolf, thanks for the tips ;) Its quite hard to make a good battle for me, mainly because of the description, because i miss some words -.- Anyway ill sure try nextime :D

What you can do is write in Microsoft Word first, then copy and paste. Or, if you write in the server, simply copy everything before hitting the forward button. That's what I used to do before simply doing everything in word.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Damn, it happened to me too. -__- This is the third time...I wrote this super long battle between Renka and another girl, and the moment I clicked the post button, my Internet bugged...:(

The Scientist

Years
  • Alright, the new chapter brings up an issue. All of us are going to be in the same tower battling Hunters on the way up... but at the top, there is only one boss, and one Rayquaza. Are we are all supposed to get a chance to individually interact with it, or will all of us be in the room simultaneously? If the first person who reaches it decided to heal Rayquaza with a Potion, wouldn't that affect the options available for the next person to show up?

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • No. You all do not see each other. This event is for all of you, and you will be alone. You will not see another rp player. So, if someone decides to capture Rayquaza, that won't affect an option for someone else, just like if someone heals it, you can still heal it because basically nothing has been done to it in your own version of your world. So whatever someone does in their post, don't worry about it. Do whatever you like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back