• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    hey i have a question im in necropolis in the first part and i saw in some guides that they jump into the darkness but mine wont jump what should i do?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Hello, I've played this game before and had no problem but my friend wanted to play against me with it so we both downloaded it and hers works fine but I've run into a problem.
    Wheneve I try to catch a Pokemon the game crashes, and Inve tried redownloading it from other sites but those haven't worked either. sorry if this has been adressed before My last game worked fine, I had a full team plus some.

In detail I can throw a Pokeball just fine, and bame the Pokemon, but after deciding whether or not to name the Pokemon the game goes black then crashes. It's on MyBoy for Android.

Edit: I restarted on John GBA Lite, it works now. Not sure what was wrong with MyBoy....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2015
    So what's up with the abandoned gym?
    Been playing pokemon snake wood (love it btw^^)
    And am almost at the elite four. Can that only be done after the elite four?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • So what's up with the abandoned gym?
    Been playing pokemon snake wood (love it btw^^)
    And am almost at the elite four. Can that only be done after the elite four?

If you are talking about the abandoned gym in the sea , somewhere near Sootopolis , it's purpose is unknown . Probably just for the sake of these mini facts about Hoenn that are spread in the game ( If I remember clearly the sign outside mentioned something about a monkey devil that got into the gym or something like that :P )

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • I can't wait for the complete hack ^^
    I really enjoy playing it and wanna kill Gleis so badly :D

Well too bad that this is not going to happen as the hack is 98% complete according to the first post, thpugh the creator , Cutlerine has stated that the hack was too buggy to keep on working with it :/ ( Though I'd definitely kill Gleis :P )

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2020
    I've been playing Snakewood for a couple of days, and it's a pretty fun hack. Everything's kind of surreal, but that's okay.

One question I have, though, is if there's a water stone in this hack. I want to evolve my Staryu. So... is there a water stone available? And if so, where?

Thanks!

Mewtwo13578

Hack player
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Oh, great. Anyone else have this problem? It's not one I've encountered, and if it can be proven that it isn't a one-off I'm going to have to try and fix it...

Sorry if I'm too late. I'm having this problem too.
    Stuck in Necropolis hub.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the quoted post is in page 36 and post #892
    I'm providing just the page and post no. since I'm unable to post links. My apologies.

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm too late. I'm having this problem too.
    Stuck in Necropolis hub.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the quoted post is in page 36 and post #892
    I'm providing just the page and post no. since I'm unable to post links. My apologies.

Well , I have encountered this bug too during my third playthrough and got stuck in the necropolis hub where I couldn't jump down . If you don't have a backed up save or savestate you might have to start over... ( really a pain...) as I couldn't figure a solution ( even using the walk through walls cheat would have no effect ) .

Mewtwo13578

Hack player
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Well , I have encountered this bug too during my third playthrough and got stuck in the necropolis hub where I couldn't jump down . If you don't have a backed up save or savestate you might have to start over... ( really a pain...) as I couldn't figure a solution ( even using the walk through walls cheat would have no effect ) .

I saved right after I reached that place. Is that good?
    If so(or not), should wait for another update or start over?:(

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    i defeated all gyms in gym island and unlocked the one beside the pokecenter where senex was supposed to be hiding but he was not there when i enter. should i do some quests before i can fight him again or did i miss something along the road? please help, i want to finish this game already

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • I saved right after I reached that place. Is that good?
    If so(or not), should wait for another update or start over?:(
    Have you tried interacting with the necropolis hub after resetting the game ?
    ( And no ... don't wait for another update because there isn't going to be an update anytime soon)
    i defeated all gyms in gym island and unlocked the one beside the pokecenter where senex was supposed to be hiding but he was not there when i enter. should i do some quests before i can fight him again or did i miss something along the road? please help, i want to finish this game already
    You didn't miss anything as long as you were permitted to enter the gym...That's another bug that I have heard ... I think someone who did a "Let's play walkthrough" encountered this bug. Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution to this problem...

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2020
    Hi so I'm new on here but i love this Hack easily the best pokemon game I have ever played! However, I've reached a problem. I am in the submarine for the second time around and no Pokémon appear in the room where you are supposed to catch a Ditto to use as a key. I have wandered around in that hallway for over an hour. I believe i have the most updated version and i am unsure if this is a bug. If i download a new version, if there is an updated one,is there a way to transfer my save file? Or can i use some sort of cheat that puts a Ditto in my pc? I really want to keep playing this hack please let me know how to get past this part! Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2015
    `guys I'm a newbie to this site and I was wondering, how the heck do you download this rom?! I clicked the dropbox link but the only things in the ZIP file are achievement sheets

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    This is a great game. I like the humor. I actually even like the story line (nonsensical as it is).

I have a problem though. In Fortree City Veracity is not in his office. I have to go to his office and talk to him. I'd be fine with forgetting about badge from the gym I can't get into yet (that I'm sure requires talking to him first to get into) but after exiting the other end of Madio Cave, the game won't let me leave the area until I get the badge.

I've gone back into Veracity's office about five billion times and he's not there. I have my character leave and come back and talk to people and wander all over the place...and he's still not there. I'm sure it's his office, because there's a sign right by his office that says it's his office...and no other rooms down the hallway are accessible. I've already gotten the pass from Godot. Somebody tell me where Veracity is so I don't need to smash my laptop over my head because of a game. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Just beat the elite 4 and went through the Landan/May dialogue. Now what?

Also this may just be my opinion but Main Char.(I called him Dante) seems a little quick to turn on Glias when Chloe starts talking shit. If someone i'd never met and was convinced was kind of a jerk told me someone i didn't think was a jerk was the bad guy i'd be suspicious of the information. Yup.

I am weird in that i have a headcanon for everything i play. So i played Dante as having at some point(possibly in his past, or just at first sight in rustboro) fallen in love with him. He went with Chloe to take out the horsemen and spy on her a bit. He was, needless to say, heartbroken later, but still wants to find Glias.

In lieu of a proper ending, since i have no clue what to do now, I choose to think he's looking for Glias, and that when he finds him Meteor is naturally pissed and wants to off him, but Dante makes up some bullshit statement about remembering Glias from before, convinced they're his real memories this time, and that Glias was not always an asshole and that he wants to take responsibility for him.

Just my headcanon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Someone helps me. I was stuck at fortree city, even I got the visitor's pass to enter the gym leader office Veracity, but when i came into his office, no one was here, and I wondered if I must do something to visit him.Can somebody tell me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    Someone helps me. I was stuck at fortree city, even I got the visitor's pass to enter the gym leader office Veracity, but when i came into his office, no one was here, and I wondered if I must do something to visit him.Can somebody tell me?

Same exact problem here. I've looked at a couple Youtube videos and they show getting the student's pass then Veracity being in the office, and I've not only done that...I'm 95% confident I've wandered everywhere the game will let me...unless there's some place in Madio Cave I need to go first, and nobody in the Youtube videos seems to need to go to Madio cave before meeting Veracity.

I've playing this game from Vizzed.com using the VBA option (the option on the left...there's two options on the screen and the other is on the right).

I looks someone else on the site complained about not finding Veracity on that site too...but it also looks like some people were able to complete the game. I'm hoping there's just some glitch wrong with that VBA option and the other play option is fine.

You're not playing Pokémon Snakewood from Vizzed.com are you?

Back