• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Snakewood is one of those Hack I bring in my heart
A project not perfect, but surely memorable
I don't know why I am writing this words, but I think it was necessary.
So, in a few words, GRAZIE CUTLERINE for this work

Maybe in the future somebody would think to create a remake of this, and other memorable hacks, but this is not the moment...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 1, 2022
Heh no matter how many times I try to play this, its cursed super speed or not the same scripts are broken that lock me from playing, no matter which rom from where its cursed. Congrats in making a truly cursed experience that id still wanna see to the end but not only birch wont call, I cannot free the people from their star warsy prison a simple button / phone to force trigger these events would be an easy fix but its gone too late...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 9, 2023
<_<;; didn't want to use this Arceus forsaken hellhole, ^^; but it's clear some help is needed ... -_-;; damn, 163 pages and a huge chunk of it is all complaints about being stuck, most of which could've easily been prevented (don't use an older version of the game, Real Time Clock and Save Type Flash 128k make the VBA work properly, don't recklessly use the walk through walls cheat, and don't kill Roclobster ...) . i've been through this hack several times and i've never encountered anything that kept you from continuing. Birch called from the league just fine (don't use an older version of the game). 1158 did a great job with fixing the game

._.;; well with that out of the way, ^^; im the guy behind this compilation of Snakewood sprites. i clumsily put it together nearly a decade ago because i unironically love this insane hack. it's no masterpiece, it's incredibly flawed (so many bugs ...) and there's no way everyone else will understand every reference (why did the Berry Master want at least 10 Broken Hearts?), o3o but damn, i enjoyed myself with each run of it. Snakewood's just a huge favorite of mine ... and i've been through my fair share of hacks. ^^; so yeah, i made the pic out of love for Snakewood ... <_<;; and there was also nothing at the time that showed each new poke from it, so i did it myself. over time, i made the pic an actually good source of info for this hack, with dex entries, stats, and info on the availability of the pokes (as well as a guide for that long 9 item trade and a guide on the damn Madio Cave) ... o3o and also a link to the game itself at the top of the description (as well as an "easy mode")

o.o this neat written walkthrough might also come in handy. noticed it buried in the comments and i thought i'd bring it back. it's pretty accurate (doesn't list the right way to get to Furi Z, though)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
Just picked up the mini hack. Pissed that it was a hack of Fire Red. Played it and the Capture the Flag game doesnt complete for me. I had to use the Max Stats code to survive being poisoned until I found the kitchen....

This is the one I was talking about

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
On a note, I have no idea how to post screenshots. So please have fun and if you can, share some pictures of the zombies somewhere where people can find them (especially the Groudon).

Would it be possible to add the Physical Special split to your update? I cant seem to add a patch myself.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2023
I don't know if anyone is still interested in this game, but if they are, as a little tribute to the Cutlerine, I went ahead and made a small update to the game which I titled "Zeta" as the cornerstone of the update is that all the zombie pokemon are now available in the wild with front, back, and party sprites, updated stats, and even types, abilities and movesets for some. Further changes include a few more zombies and a few trainer teams having been changed.

New Zombies:
Zombizard (replaces Dragon); Meteor now uses Dragoone instead
Pikachew (non evolving)
Mewcas
Mewtation
Murderow (renamed Dirtkrow, evolves into Liver at Lv. 33)
Liver (just renamed Scar Lugia)
Krampus (Delibird)
Latinstein (original game's Stiticher)
Stitcher (Pulse + Minum)
Houndecay (Alternative Houndsour evolution)
Houndemon (New Headoom evolution via Firestone)
Virodon (Groudon)
Azombie (Azurill)
Ghastlier
Haunt (evolves at Lv. 40)
Genguts
Rancid
Killia (When Killia evolves, Shinigami joins the party like Shedninja does for Nincada)
Gardevour
Tentorture
Tecthulu
Shaderu's sprite had been changed, on account of me recycling its original sprite for Ghastlier. It is now a grim reaper-esq Jirachi.
Also included:
Purrloin, Liepard
Dwebble, Crustle
Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyreum
Cinderco evolves into Ho-Oh via the Firestone
(Radiorange in in the wild on the Isle of Calm)
Kelceon evolves into either Zekrom or Reshiram dependent on the stone (either Thunder or Fire respectively)
Skarmory evolves into Kyreum
Wild Oozle always hold Water Stones
Wild Rotmander always hold Fire Stones
Wild Boilbasaur always hold Leaf Stones
Wild Pikachew always hold Thunder Stones
Bleedoise is a Water/Steel Type
Gigawolf is just named Zoroark and is an independent pokemon found on Mt.Pyre
Mightyena doesn't evolve, but its stats are rather high and it is a Dark/Steel type
A battle with Horseman Death replaces Temulace in Victory Road
Senex uses Virodon instead of Faceleech for final battle
Mewcas is onboard the S.S. Cangrejo don't forget to catch it!
Virodon is on Blighted Way
Rotting is in Petalburg Woods
Latinstein is on the route with the Weather Station
Cyndaquil is in Solar Cave
Antispiral is an alternative evolution for Zangoose
Kamina is in Victory Road as a wild pokemon
Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Dragoone are all ground type pokemon instead of normal
Everything else had multiple locations or is just not so rare that if your arn't searching for it, you'd miss it.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z21qy9rx2cj0yul/snakewood-zeta-update.zip/file

Is there a discord server I could join while playing?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 9, 2023
._.;; i wouldn't stick with Zeta ... because it is a horrifically unbalanced mess ...

o_o the stats for some of these newbies are ridiculous. ^^; yes, A Monster has an absurd BST of 830, but it's meant to be a boss battle you only face once (and can't catch) and nothing else has their base stat totals be that stupidly high, not even the evil legends (Shaderu has the highest at 700). o3o;; the Mightyena with "rather high" stats ... has an insane stat spread of 140/180/140/120/120/140 (BST: 840) and you could just get that casually. Scar Lugi-err, Liver too, if you successfully get a Dirtkr-err, Murderow early on (and it is early) ... then you won't need much else, you essentially won with a god of death with an asinine stat spread of 206/190/230/190/254/210 (BST: friggin 1280). Rotting's also early ... and then there's some trainers with higher levels than usual (the Demons in Rusturf are on par with Haruko) or just broken pokes (Rotting shouldn't be early at all ...). most notably, the Severed Heads with Houndecay (90/150/74/140/110/116. BST: 740). the Eye-Eyes were already hard enough early on, but you're essentially just going up against gods where the first gym once was. it's all just an evil, nonsensical coin flip. the hack was already hard enough, but there was still a balance to it all ...

^^; also, the newbies and many of their sprites are just plain uninspired, it almost makes the Madios look good. if it isn't a boring recolor (looking at you, Gardevour) then it's just something with sharp teeth, no eyes, and scars like Pikachew (which plenty of zombiemons are, but they have much more to em) ... and then there's special cases like Houndemon, the Headdoom evo with 3 heads (and a ridiculous stat spread of 145/163/137/165/155/195 BST: 960), the Plusle and Minun zombie that took Stitcher's name, ._. and Virodon (170/185/240/185/170/40. BST: 990) ... who is literally just Meta Groudon from Jirachi: Wish Maker. on top of that, all these newbies and the zombiemons that can now get caught don't have their own dex entries (except Virodon ... don't click the named link if you cringe easily) and had the bare minimum done to their stats and moves

o3o;; also, Crazymadio, Toxeon, Demoneon, and Maw still have no sprites of their own, Zombizard is literally just Dragon in appearance, some new additions make no sense even for this crazy world (on top of that, the Tao Trio still just keep the stats of the Kanto birds), and it makes zero sense for Kamina to be in the wild when he's a hidden super boss. and then there's the whole deal with Shaderu (with Ghastlier just taking its sprite) ... o_o;; there's just so much wrong here ...

o_o it ain't just me bashing on Snakewood Zeta (well mostly, i won't deny it. i mean, the dumb file names in the named links say a lot), im just seeing it through a critical eye ... ^^; and this random ass Snakewood fan who uses emoticons too much says to just stick with the original hack right here (or this "easy mode" he made himself if the grinding and low catch rates are just too much)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
On a note, I have no idea how to post screenshots. So please have fun and if you can, share some pictures of the zombies somewhere where people can find them (especially the Groudon).

If you were still wondering how to do this, it's over here:

Ds1Jqpb.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
What the heck is up with the keys? WASD is now the arrows? L and K are A and B? This is so weird. And I have the button thing se on normal.

Days
  • Age 16
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Snakewood is one of those Hack I bring in my heart
A project not perfect, but surely memorable
I don't know why I am writing this words, but I think it was necessary.
So, in a few words, GRAZIE CUTLERINE for this work

Maybe in the future somebody would think to create a remake of this, and other memorable hacks, but this is not the moment...
That is a plan of mine for a first rom hack, also removing swear words, could be a few years away though

Back