• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Help Wanted) Reentering the Fray (Smogon OU)

Years
  • Heya guys, I've been out of the game for a while (well, basically stopped competing a lil after Mega Mawile got banned) and haven't had much luck, nor an idea of reentering the meta, so I need some help figuring out the main threats that are around now and ideas for a team basis!

-------
    If it helps, my old team used to look more or less like this:

Semi-tank/Phys. Sweeper: Scizor w/ Scizorite (Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Aerial Ace/Swords Dance, Pursuit)

Bulky Phys. Sweeper: Conkledur w/ Toxic Orb & Guts (Drain Punch, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Stone Edge)

Speedy Spec. Sweeper: Gengar w/ Life Orb (Shadowball, Sludge Wave, Energy Ball, Psychic)

Bulky/Mixed/Custom Mirror-Hate: Rotom-W w/ Wide Lens (Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Volt Switch)

Dedicated Revenge-Killer: Garchomp w/Choice Scarf & Rough Skin (Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Stone Edge)

Special Tank/Annoyance/Counter: Togekiss w/ Assault Vest & Serene Grace (Dazzling Gleam, Tri Attack, Air Cutter, Flamethrower)
    -------

Apologies on weird terminology- I picked up other game-slang and have been away from Pokemon for a year or so.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Heya :D Welcome to BTB since I see you're pretty new to the forum in general there - just a few quick questions ^^

1 - With Conkeldurr, if you plan on it sticking around for a bit, and it's got guts, wouldn't burn be better for it to pick up from its orb than toxic? I know it depends on how many turns you're planning on it staying it, so if it's gonna come out soon yeah, toxic is better. Maybe nevermind on that hahah.

2 - Is there a specific target gengar wants to target with energy ball over another coverage move?

3 - Is there a better item Rotom Wash could use than wide lens?

4 - With your revenge killer garchomp - if it's scarfed, and a revenge killer - isn't dragon claw or something a better option than Dragon Tail with its negative priority? I know the utility of phasing in singles - but idunno, maybe I"m just not savvy to the point of that specifically.

5 - Did you mean Air Slash instead of Air Cutter on togekiss, or are you really using Air Cutter? That'd work better with Super Luck than Serene Grace I'd think anyways, cuz Serene Grace could play off the 30% flinch on air slash, Super luck would further bump up the elevated crit rate on air cutter though.

Back