• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash will win the Kalos league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I honestly think that if he doesn't win this then the series should stop here, unless they replace him with other character, with new plot etc.

That will never happen. The show has this routine. Ash goes to a region catches a few pokemon, gym battle, goes to the Pokemon League, does good in the begining then loses. Goes back to Kanto, drops off his Pokemon he caught at Oak's Lab and then takes off to the next region with Pikachu and repeats.
    Also I highly doubt the show will ever replace Ash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    That will never happen. The show has this routine. Ash goes to a region catches a few pokemon, gym battle, goes to the Pokemon League, does good in the begining then loses. Goes back to Kanto, drops off his Pokemon he caught at Oak's Lab and then takes off to the next region with Pikachu and repeats.
    Also I highly doubt the show will ever replace Ash.

Look, with XY's current abysmal ratings, even online, do you really think the writers, heck, even the Pokémon executives, can even afford to continue the anime into Generation VII? Don't forget, the Love Hina anime got cancelled prematurely due to an unexpected loss of revenue and ratings, and Heroes got killed off for similar reasons despite clearly setting up for a fifth volume. Having Ash actually win the league actually would at least have the writers end the show by their own hand and with dignity, while if they go with the route you claim they will, the show would most likely end up being cancelled before Ash even GETS to the Generation VII league, or even the first gym.

AG, DP, and BW were definitely poor in ratings output, yet even they never got as bad as XY did (XY's currently in the threes right now, and has been since the past year. Even AG, which came pretty close in terms of ratings, only reached that area in the Pike Queen Lucy episode way late into its run).

Even I'll agree,that the show could come to an end.And they might let Ash win the league,and then just end the show.If they could do something so special with the league,they even might continue the show as that will make the viewers return and Ratings will increase again.
    AG, DP, and BW were definitely poor in ratings output, yet even they never got as bad as XY did (XY's currently in the threes right now, and has been since the past year. Even AG, which came pretty close in terms of ratings, only reached that area in the Pike Queen Lucy episode way late into its run).

I can't really say about AG,as I enjoyed it myself.Ashs' team was okay,not so bad.Some things were very bad,that makes kinda neutral for AG.As for DP,its one of my favorite,possibly after OS.DP gave Ash a team,that is the Greatest till date(XY might give a good one as well).I liked how they handled Dawn,and made her lose.Dawn had a stable goal(Not like Serena or May)and she was pretty determined to complete it.But DP Brock was just a boring thing.Brock was one of my favorite character,but they just over-used him.And BW finally,I can't reallly say much.Just awful.I can't write the huge amount of bad points from BW,so leave it.By the way dude,ratings are just not everything.You need to watch the show,I enjoyed DP a lot(a lot of people have DP top on their list),so saying DP had poor ratings doesn't define DP.

Finally,I'll say,the show aint yet over.If they can do something special,they might get the Ratings back up and continue the show

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Even I'll agree,that the show could come to an end.And they might let Ash win the league,and then just end the show.If they could do something so special with the league,they even might continue the show as that will make the viewers return and Ratings will increase again.

I can't really say about AG,as I enjoyed it myself.Ashs' team was okay,not so bad.Some things were very bad,that makes kinda neutral for AG.As for DP,its one of my favorite,possibly after OS.DP gave Ash a team,that is the Greatest till date(XY might give a good one as well).I liked how they handled Dawn,and made her lose.Dawn had a stable goal(Not like Serena or May)and she was pretty determined to complete it.But DP Brock was just a boring thing.Brock was one of my favorite character,but they just over-used him.And BW finally,I can't reallly say much.Just awful.I can't write the huge amount of bad points from BW,so leave it.By the way dude,ratings are just not everything.You need to watch the show,I enjoyed DP a lot(a lot of people have DP top on their list),so saying DP had poor ratings doesn't define DP.

Finally,I'll say,the show aint yet over.If they can do something special,they might get the Ratings back up and continue the show

It doesn't matter whether you or I like it, the problem is that AG actually had horrible ratings. In fact, the Pike Queen Lucy episode was so bad in terms of ratings that Bulbapedia even noted that at the time it aired, it had the lowest ratings of ANY Pokémon episode at the time. And frankly, I hated AG largely because of the horrid depiction of the Gym Leaders (it felt like Team Rocket's loss against Ash's Caterpie in Episode 3), Ash not advancing in his goal in any way during Hoenn [especially when he stayed the exact same rank he got in Johto], the entirely pointless introduction of Pokémon Contests (and I mean "pointless" since aside from them not even being a major thing from the games that actually contributes in some way to the gameplay, they also ended up replacing May for Dawn only to have the latter do the same goal as before), and thanks to Gary and even Paul, Ash's win against Brandon and his Regice, and by extension the Battle Frontier, is rendered completely pointless.

You might not think ratings are everything, but the executives do, and are usually the first to kill a show either directly or by implementing needless meddling that if anything consequently results in the show losing enough ratings to prematurely cancel it (Heroes was especially infamous for this) at the mere sight of a loss of ratings. It doesn't matter what you or I think in regards to whether they matter as we don't run the show (and for the record, I DID watch DP, at least up to the Roark battle).

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Look, with XY's current abysmal ratings, even online, do you really think the writers, heck, even the Pokémon executives, can even afford to continue the anime into Generation VII? Don't forget, the Love Hina anime got cancelled prematurely due to an unexpected loss of revenue and ratings, and Heroes got killed off for similar reasons despite clearly setting up for a fifth volume. Having Ash actually win the league actually would at least have the writers end the show by their own hand and with dignity, while if they go with the route you claim they will, the show would most likely end up being cancelled before Ash even GETS to the Generation VII league, or even the first gym.

As long as the game continues the anime will most likely continue as well. They will probably find a way to make the show go on, whether the ratings are bad or not. Also the show is still somewhat popular, even if the ratings aren't that good, there are still many people who still watch it and love it. The show will most likely still continue to Gen 7. Unless they announce the show is ending, it will still go on. No matter what crazy theories you come up with about why and how the show will end, I doubt it. >_>

It doesn't matter whether you or I like it, the problem is that AG actually had horrible ratings. In fact, the Pike Queen Lucy episode was so bad in terms of ratings that Bulbapedia even noted that at the time it aired, it had the lowest ratings of ANY Pokémon episode at the time. And frankly, I hated AG largely because of the horrid depiction of the Gym Leaders (it felt like Team Rocket's loss against Ash's Caterpie in Episode 3), Ash not advancing in his goal in any way during Hoenn [especially when he stayed the exact same rank he got in Johto], the entirely pointless introduction of Pokémon Contests (and I mean "pointless" since aside from them not even being a major thing from the games that actually contributes in some way to the gameplay, they also ended up replacing May for Dawn only to have the latter do the same goal as before), and thanks to Gary and even Paul, Ash's win against Brandon and his Regice, and by extension the Battle Frontier, is rendered completely pointless.

You might not think ratings are everything, but the executives do, and are usually the first to kill a show either directly or by implementing needless meddling that if anything consequently results in the show losing enough ratings to prematurely cancel it (Heroes was especially infamous for this) at the mere sight of a loss of ratings. It doesn't matter what you or I think in regards to whether they matter as we don't run the show (and for the record, I DID watch DP, at least up to the Roark battle).

Ok,I did say,about AG I'm neutral.I didn't say that it was a awesome series with awesome ratings(not even decent).Dude do you even watch the anime?Because if you did,this amount hate wont be there.As for the gym leaders,they just completely messed it up.Ash had one of the most awful teams during the gym battles,but finally over all it was pretty good with Sceptile Toarkoal and others."The entirely pointless introduction of Contests"now thats a thing,that no one will ever agree with.Leave alone gameplay,they were just fun-to-watch and pretty awesome.May was an excellent and funny character.

Battle frontier was pretty awesome,Ash had a pretty good overall developed team,which aside from DP and OS,isn't seen(XY might be the same too).The battles were good enough,except a few.And Ash defeating Brandon was a great achievement,I mean c'mon,he has to win something.

I agree with DJdave till a point,as games are a major point of their income,and the the anime is used to promote the games,they will just continue.There are a lot fans still out there,that love the show,it includes me.No matter how awful the battles are,Pokemon is already an exciting prospect.And for DP,if you did watch till Roark battle,it was just the first one.Nothing special(ALMOST NOTHING)was really possible.Ash didn't even have a real "team" then.Rest of the game battles were awesome,and the writers finally decided to give Ash some awesome Pokemon and mature Ash.DP Ash was probably the most mature and actually knew what he was doing.As far as I know,he had Infernape,Torterra,Gliscor,Pikachu of Course,Staraptor and don't really remember for DP team and this is the best team Ash ever(EVER)had .He also used old Pokemon for the league.And if you judge by ranking,he also increased to Top 4.And got defeated by a unbelievable team made up of Legends.Even he defeated Latios and Darkrai,which our dear Tobias used through the whole region undefeated,pretty awesome,aint it?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Considering how horrible the ratings are for XY, even for shows post-OS, this might as well be the final series, at least in regards to actually ending the show on the writers own terms. Any continuations, and the executives might interfere and force them to cancel the series, like what happened with the Love Hina anime, or for a fictional example, Woody's Roundup (which literally got cancelled just as it ended on a cliffhanger thanks to Sputnik).

It's the ratings for a kids cartoon show... Honestly I don't think they matter as much as people think they do

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    As long as the game continues the anime will most likely continue as well. They will probably find a way to make the show go on, whether the ratings are bad or not. Also the show is still somewhat popular, even if the ratings aren't that good, there are still many people who still watch it and love it. The show will most likely still continue to Gen 7. Unless they announce the show is ending, it will still go on. No matter what crazy theories you come up with about why and how the show will end, I doubt it. >_>

Except unlike AG where it at least had marketing of merchandise to salvage it, with XY, it's marketing of merchandise is actually pretty poor (and BTW, according to Irregular Maverick Z, the games actually play very little role in the anime's existence). And even IF you are correct and they somehow need the anime to promote the games, need I really remind you that the DiC cartoons for Mario, Sonic, Zelda, and Mega Man also were made to promote the games, yet when they got cancelled they didn't even impact the games even a small bit? Pokémon's much of the same. And XY's not just doing terribly in regards to TV ratings, it's even doing poorly in regards to online viewership if Poke245 is anything to go by. There is literally nothing indicating it's even popular. At best, it's a niche group.

Ok,I did say,about AG I'm neutral.I didn't say that it was a awesome series with awesome ratings(not even decent).Dude do you even watch the anime?Because if you did,this amount hate wont be there.As for the gym leaders,they just completely messed it up.Ash had one of the most awful teams during the gym battles,but finally over all it was pretty good with Sceptile Toarkoal and others."The entirely pointless introduction of Contests"now thats a thing,that no one will ever agree with.Leave alone gameplay,they were just fun-to-watch and pretty awesome.May was an excellent and funny character.

Battle frontier was pretty awesome,Ash had a pretty good overall developed team,which aside from DP and OS,isn't seen(XY might be the same too).The battles were good enough,except a few.And Ash defeating Brandon was a great achievement,I mean c'mon,he has to win something.

I agree with DJdave till a point,as games are a major point of their income,and the the anime is used to promote the games,they will just continue.There are a lot fans still out there,that love the show,it includes me.No matter how awful the battles are,Pokemon is already an exciting prospect.And for DP,if you did watch till Roark battle,it was just the first one.Nothing special(ALMOST NOTHING)was really possible.Ash didn't even have a real "team" then.Rest of the game battles were awesome,and the writers finally decided to give Ash some awesome Pokemon and mature Ash.DP Ash was probably the most mature and actually knew what he was doing.As far as I know,he had Infernape,Torterra,Gliscor,Pikachu of Course,Staraptor and don't really remember for DP team and this is the best team Ash ever(EVER)had .He also used old Pokemon for the league.And if you judge by ranking,he also increased to Top 4.And got defeated by a unbelievable team made up of Legends.Even he defeated Latios and Darkrai,which our dear Tobias used through the whole region undefeated,pretty awesome,aint it?

Even ignoring the gameplay of Contests for just a second, the mere fact that they decided to have May replaced with Dawn just to have the latter do the same goal and go through the same steps as before made the entire idea of contests entirely pointless. They can't even replace Ash for the new region despite his technically not even being in the new games, so why can't they keep May and have her do Contests? And for the record, I hate May, so don't think I'm just saying this because I like her.

And I'll agree that DP's Gym Battles were a major improvement compared to AG (at least Ash isn't winning on the first try, and even the times Ash does technically beat the Gym Leader without losing beforehand, it's because Team Rocket interfered and interrupted the match, forcing them to postpone until later). Granted, there were still some problems with the Gyms (namely, Pikachu really getting the short end of the stick, and albeit to a far lesser extent the Gym Leaders still seemed somewhat weak enough to lose to Ash's rookie team), but still... And DP's league turnout was definitely far better than the prior time (actually increasing in rank this time around, which, you know, is the entire point of participating in the region).

And while I do agree that it was a good accomplishment in the Battle Frontier, the problem is that he then got beaten by Gary and Paul (the latter being twice, and the latter being to what was a rookie Pokémon, Ursaring. Pikachu really should have lost to his Torterra, at least that's closer to his experience level), not to mention his Pikachu lost to the first gym leader (And believe me, what ticks me off more than having rookies beat the Gym Leaders on the first try is a veteran like Pikachu basically losing to characters he most certainly can handle. Anyone who can beat a Regice with little effort can most certainly breeze the Gym Leaders), which effectively meant that, if he's going to lose to people far below his paygrade so to speak, then what meaning does the Battle Frontier truly have in the grand scheme of things?

And as I mentioned above, the ratings on both online and tv viewings, plus a diminishing merchandising marketing for Pokémon, is actually placing Pokémon in the red. Even AG at least had marketshare to sustain it. And BTW, as I also noted above, the DiC cartoons for Mega Man, Zelda, Mario, and Sonic also served the same purpose as Pokémon, and yet when those shows got cancelled, it didn't even put a dent on the franchises they represented (and Mario was especially notable, as it covered SMB2, SMB3 and SMW before it kicked the can).

It's the ratings for a kids cartoon show... Honestly I don't think they matter as much as people think they do

Executives would think otherwise, actually. I know a few shows that got cancelled due to very poor, unsalvageable ratings, like Heroes, or the Love Hina anime. In fact, in those particular instances, they were cancelled prematurely.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Everyone this thread isn't about ratings. I can understand how the topic was brought up but we already have a thread that specifically discusses XY's ratings and this thread is supposed to be about the Kalos League... If you want to discuss the ratings, at least tie it into the Kalos League instead of talking about the ratings from the previous series and your opinion of the Gym Leaders.

Chimchar55

Infernape is the best!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Some people are complete idiots. This is about if ash will win the kalos league not rating Pokemon anime and games. Gosh! Anyway I don't think he is going to win and if they do cancel the show then they should at least have the last episode where he comes back to pallet town and he goes to the professors lab and out back everyone and I mean EVERYONE he ever traveled with or was rivals with or he met should be there and they have this huge party! That would be an awesome ending if they ended the show which I don't think they will because the anime does have a message in it:follow your dreams no matter what!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Chimchar55, please don't post in threads that have not received any activity over the span of a month. If you wish to continue this topic, I encourage you to create a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back