• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash will win the Kalos league

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Hi,

Am new here first post am not sure if anyone has asked this question before like but do you like Ash will win the Kalos League or do you think the writers will make him lose.

I personally think he will lose because if he wins the league there will be no more pokemon unless the bring in a brand new character and start all over again.

And do you think he will have a Mega Evolution for the league or stick with what he has?.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Hi,

Am new here first post am not sure if anyone has asked this question before like but do you like Ash will win the Kalos League or do you think the writers will make him lose.

I personally think he will lose because if he wins the league there will be no more pokemon unless the bring in a brand new character and start all over again.

And do you think he will have a Mega Evolution for the league or stick with what he has?.

I'd say have him win the league anyways. He really deserves it (not to mention technically he'd still need to fight the Elite 4 and Champion before he actually attains the title of Pokémon Master), especially after the disaster that was BW. Besides, the show's going to end soon anyways, whether by the writers' own volition or by the plug being pulled prematurely via horrible ratings, even online, so it's better to at least have the show go out with a bang than have it suffer the fate Love Hina's anime did by being cut short.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I didn't know that the show was getting poor ratings but do you think the reason why it has been getting poor ratings is because maybe people don't like the mega evolutions or was the ratings going down even in the BW series?.

And if they did let Ash win the Kalos League like you said still has to face the Elite 4 and the Champion but that is another league altogether isn't it?. And if it is going to be the last ever Pokemon League i think they should bring back Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn, Cillian, and Iris for the last part when he takes on the elite 4 and the champion but that is just my thoughts.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I didn't know that the show was getting poor ratings but do you think the reason why it has been getting poor ratings is because maybe people don't like the mega evolutions or was the ratings going down even in the BW series?.

And if they did let Ash win the Kalos League like you said still has to face the Elite 4 and the Champion but that is another league altogether isn't it?. And if it is going to be the last ever Pokemon League i think they should bring back Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn, Cillian, and Iris for the last part when he takes on the elite 4 and the champion but that is just my thoughts.

I don't think it has anything to do with Mega Evolutions (if anything, people are more miffed that Ash hasn't gotten one as of late, at least that's what Famon indicated). And the ratings were not doing to well in AG, DP, or BW, but I think this is actually the worst it's ever gotten (AG's gotten pretty close in the Pike Queen Lucy episode, yet even IT didn't suffer that badly).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'd say have him win the league anyways. He really deserves it (not to mention technically he'd still need to fight the Elite 4 and Champion before he actually attains the title of Pokémon Master), especially after the disaster that was BW. Besides, the show's going to end soon anyways, whether by the writers' own volition or by the plug being pulled prematurely via horrible ratings, even online, so it's better to at least have the show go out with a bang than have it suffer the fate Love Hina's anime did by being cut short.

BW wasn't a disaster, besides the fact maybe he will win the Kalos League. To me they should have just ended the show after the Original series atleast it would have been put to rest.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Knowing the show's producers and their KORPORAET MANDAET The best i could think of, he'll probably win that Kalos conference that earns him the right to battle the Elite 4 and Diantha, which he will do well enough to give the champ and her Mega Gardevoir a run for their money.

Years

I may not be getting something here, but what leads you to make this claim?

That said, I really would like to see Ash win the league for a change, other than having the writers just throw another downer finale at us.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Maybe like but if they was going to end the show they would have to let Ash win the Kalos league. But what i think they should do is let him win the Kalos league but make one more season where he is in champions League where he faces each champion from the different regions and the last champion would have to be Cynthia or even maybe Tobias the one with the Darkrai.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    No he won't Top 4 or Top 2 probably, but not win. Besides, even if he did win, he would continue. To be a master, he has to catch all pokemon and defeat all of the champions.

Chimchar55

Infernape is the best!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I think that he shouldn't win and then make another region and start him off with new friends again. I think that that only reason that the shows might be bad is because they always make it seem like he gets amnesia or something because he always "new" to basics when he's already been through them thousands of times before. I think that's why they're getting low ratings.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    He could break the rules and use mega charizard, mega sceptile, and mega heracross and he'd still find a way to lose, so no.

pkmin3033

Ash will reciprocate Serena's feelings for him before he wins the Kalos League. The likelihood is astronomically slim. Does he deserve to win? Absolutely. But he deserved to win the Sinnoh League as well, and he got trolled by a Legendary. This time, they've got a plethora of Mega Evolutions to use as an excuse to stop him winning. He isn't going to win it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ash will reciprocate Serena's feelings for him before he wins the Kalos League. The likelihood is astronomically slim. Does he deserve to win? Absolutely. But he deserved to win the Sinnoh League as well, and he got trolled by a Legendary. This time, they've got a plethora of Mega Evolutions to use as an excuse to stop him winning. He isn't going to win it.

Maybe, but on the other hand, the only way to end the show on the writers own terms, as Masamitsu Hidaka unfortunately put it in that interview with WPM, is to have him win the league. And at this point, this is the best opportunity to have them end the series without executives pulling the plug on them, especially considering that if they continue any further, the Pokémon anime is going to meet the same fate as the Love Hina anime (ie, be prematurely cancelled). Look, XY's already got bad ratings as it is, so bad in fact, that even AG and especially the Pike Queen Lucy episode comes across as a smash hit by comparison (and keep in mind, even in Japan, it bombed ratings wise), to say less about DP and BW. If they continue the route they're doing up to Generation VII if there even IS a Generation VII even in the games, there's no way they'll be able to make that league before executives decide to pull the plug on them, as sooner or later the show will be getting ratings outputs in 1, maybe 2 at most.

EDIT: And for the record, if they wanted Ash to reciprocate Serena's feelings, they would have done it in XY058, the infamous "Date" episode that ultimately turned out to be nothing. There's literally no chance of Ash ever reciprocating Serena's feelings, being completely oblivious to her feelings for him. There's far more of a chance at Pokeshipping being canon than Amourshipping being canon, and I'm not even a believer in Pokeshipping.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I doubt he'll win. There's going to be another random trainer with a legendary that will pwn him. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I don't see him winning until the final series. So unless XY is the final series, then I don't see him winning

Considering how horrible the ratings are for XY, even for shows post-OS, this might as well be the final series, at least in regards to actually ending the show on the writers own terms. Any continuations, and the executives might interfere and force them to cancel the series, like what happened with the Love Hina anime, or for a fictional example, Woody's Roundup (which literally got cancelled just as it ended on a cliffhanger thanks to Sputnik).

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I doubt he'll win, but I'm sure that he'll make it into the top four and maybe even top 2. I just hope the series don't end there. I just love the pokemon anime and it would be such a disappointment if they stopped it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I honestly think that if he doesn't win this then the series should stop here, unless they replace him with other character, with new plot etc.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'm not expecting it now any more than I was back in BW. The fandom has been down this road enough times for me to realize that it's best not to get my hopes up. I like to think that there'll come a point when the writers are finished with Satoshi and decide to wrap up his story with a victory at the League, and XY is as good a place as any to make that happen, but there's been nothing to suggest that this Satoshi journey will be any different than the last five. I don't think it'll happen. But since we're only about halfway through this badge quest, it's an open question: maybe he will, maybe he won't, we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back