• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex #000

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Hey Community :)

As I asked on Reddit a day before (cant post Links at the moment) I am trying to find a way to make an own Pokémon with Number 0 in the Pokédex, as Number 0 cant be added in the pokemon.txt in the PBS folder, because the numbers there start at 1.
    mej71 answered on my post, but as I am quite new I need clear Instructions on how to solve my problem and maybe here is someone who could help me out :)

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Code:
    [999]
    Name=????
    InternalName=????
    Type1=GRASS
    Type2=POISON
    BaseStats=45,49,49,45,65,65
    GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
    GrowthRate=Parabolic
    BaseEXP=64
    EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,1,0
    Rareness=45
    Happiness=70
    Abilities=OVERGROW
    Moves=1,TACKLE,3,GROWL,7,LEECHSEED,9,VINEWHIP,13,POISONPOWDER,13,SLEEPPOWDER,15,TAKEDOWN,19,RAZORLEAF,21,SWEETSCENT,25,GROWTH,27,DOUBLEEDGE,31,WORRYSEED,33,SYNTHESIS,37,SEEDBOMB
    EggMoves=AMNESIA,CHARM,CURSE,ENDURE,GIGADRAIN,GRASSWHISTLE,INGRAIN,LEAFSTORM,MAGICALLEAF,NATUREPOWER,PETALDANCE,POWERWHIP,SKULLBASH,SLUDGE
    Compatibility=1,7
    StepsToHatch=5355
    Height=0.7
    Weight=6.9
    Color=Green
    Habitat=Grassland
    RegionalNumbers=[B][COLOR="Lime"]0[/COLOR][/B]
    Kind=Seed
    Pokedex=??? can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger.
    BattlerPlayerY=0
    BattlerEnemyY=25
    BattlerAltitude=0
    Evolutions=????,Level,16
    Change what's in green , and the pokedex should read it as 0

that should work in the pbs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Code:
    [999]
    Name=????
    InternalName=????
    Type1=GRASS
    Type2=POISON
    BaseStats=45,49,49,45,65,65
    GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
    GrowthRate=Parabolic
    BaseEXP=64
    EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,1,0
    Rareness=45
    Happiness=70
    Abilities=OVERGROW
    Moves=1,TACKLE,3,GROWL,7,LEECHSEED,9,VINEWHIP,13,POISONPOWDER,13,SLEEPPOWDER,15,TAKEDOWN,19,RAZORLEAF,21,SWEETSCENT,25,GROWTH,27,DOUBLEEDGE,31,WORRYSEED,33,SYNTHESIS,37,SEEDBOMB
    EggMoves=AMNESIA,CHARM,CURSE,ENDURE,GIGADRAIN,GRASSWHISTLE,INGRAIN,LEAFSTORM,MAGICALLEAF,NATUREPOWER,PETALDANCE,POWERWHIP,SKULLBASH,SLUDGE
    Compatibility=1,7
    StepsToHatch=5355
    Height=0.7
    Weight=6.9
    Color=Green
    Habitat=Grassland
    RegionalNumbers=[B][COLOR=Lime]0[/COLOR][/B]
    Kind=Seed
    Pokedex=??? can be seen napping in bright sunlight. There is a seed on its back. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger.
    BattlerPlayerY=0
    BattlerEnemyY=25
    BattlerAltitude=0
    Evolutions=????,Level,16
    Change what's in green , and the pokedex should read it as 0

that should work in the pbs
    Damn....I thought it would work because it looked right. But it doesn´t work. With your Script it just takes the Pokemon as number 999 in the Pokedex

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Damn....I thought it would work because it looked right. But it doesn´t work. With your Script it just takes the Pokemon as number 999 in the Pokedex

seems like the pokedex doesn't want to read the "regional #" which is odd....

Years
  • Are you using the regional dex? The 999 would be it's number in the national dex, regional # isn't used there. I'm not sure how it will respond to 0 though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    I use the kanto dex and the national dex. I tried a little around and found out that if I use the script form Zeak6464 my kanto dex dont show the pokemon and in national dex it still has the number 999. Other Numbers (so not zero) change the number in the kantodex. So the ''RegionalNumbers'' line only changes the kanto dex but even here 0 is not allowed as it seems.

Years
  • I use the kanto dex and the national dex. I tried a little around and found out that if I use the script form Zeak6464 my kanto dex dont show the pokemon and in national dex it still has the number 999. Other Numbers (so not zero) change the number in the kantodex. So the ''RegionalNumbers'' line only changes the kanto dex but even here 0 is not allowed as it seems.
    Try finding this, and changing the red number
    Code:
    if regionalSpecies.length==1
          # If no regional species defined, use National Pokédex order
          for i in 1..PBSpecies.maxValue
            regionalSpecies.push(i)
          end
        end
        for i in [COLOR="red"]0[/COLOR]...regionalSpecies.length
          nationalSpecies=regionalSpecies[i]
          if pbCanAddForModeList?($PokemonGlobal.pokedexMode,nationalSpecies)
            pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,nationalSpecies,33)
            height=dexdata.fgetw
            weight=dexdata.fgetw
            # Pushing national species, name, height, weight, index number
            shift=DEXINDEXOFFSETS.include?(region)
            dexlist.push([nationalSpecies,
               PBSpecies.getName(nationalSpecies),height,weight,i,shift])
          end
        end

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Try finding this, and changing the red number
    Code:
    if regionalSpecies.length==1
          # If no regional species defined, use National Pokédex order
          for i in 1..PBSpecies.maxValue
            regionalSpecies.push(i)
          end
        end
        for i in [COLOR=red]0[/COLOR]...regionalSpecies.length
          nationalSpecies=regionalSpecies[i]
          if pbCanAddForModeList?($PokemonGlobal.pokedexMode,nationalSpecies)
            pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,nationalSpecies,33)
            height=dexdata.fgetw
            weight=dexdata.fgetw
            # Pushing national species, name, height, weight, index number
            dexlist.push([nationalSpecies,
               PBSpecies.getName(nationalSpecies),height,weight,i,shift])
          end
        end
    Hmm....changed it but still the same as written before. Kanto dex dont show the pokemon and national dex showes number 999

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Because I´am still bad at programming I tried around with changing some lines and so on. I found a way to let my pokemon be the number 000 in the pokedex, but it´s only a visual change or something similar. The lines change the number 1000 (which i took in my pokemon.txt ind the PBS) to number 0 in the pokedex but "unlocks" all numbers till 999 (so like i have catched/saw number 1000). Here the bad code :D
    Code:
            if nationalSpecies == 1000
              dexlist.push([nationalSpecies,PBSpecies.getName(nationalSpecies),height,weight,0])
            else
    Just added that over the line
    Code:
    In the PokemonPokedex section

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    is this what you was meaning if so its pretty easy just maybe a little bit of a pain

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    yh just add ur number 000 before bulbasaur and rename them all by +1 and then set the pokedex offset by -1

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    yh just add ur number 000 before bulbasaur and rename them all by +1 and then set the pokedex offset by -1
    Yeah I know that but thats a lot of stupid work :D But thx anyway. I think if there is no easy way I have to take that pain :P

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's a Regional Dex editor in the External Editor. I think that'd make things relatively simple.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    i think he wanted it to happen for the national dex so regional dex ids wouldnt work would they?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Make a Regional Dex that looks like the National Dex. It's not hard. There's a shortcut to do this in the Regional Dex editor.

Back