• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
  • If tables (Evolution Table, Pokémon Base Stats, Pokémon Names and Trainers if I recall correctly) are moved from their original position this is definitely a problem. You then have to either manually correct the offsets in the mega evolution routines via hex editor or replace them in the code one by one (They are not that much actually, I added them to my symbol table for my project to fix the issue)

~SBird
    Could you tell me if there are any other tables that need correcting or just the ones you've mentioned?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Yes, I'm do every step of the tutorials. Is possible that fails because I apply the MrDollSteak's decap patch 1.5a?

This is a known issue and will hopefully be fixed soon. The tables are hard coded so please edit them before inserting, or search through with a hex editor like SBird said.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I try to make this in the generated Test.gba without applying the MrDs patch, but still not working D:

The generated rom it's ok
    Spoiler:

And I setup properly the mega evolution
    Spoiler:

(In G3T looks same)

And finally, make a script setting up the vars and the scripts
    Spoiler:

but in battle I press start and nothing happens, what I'm doing wrong now?
    test_copia.png

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I try to make this in the generated Test.gba without applying the MrDs patch, but still not working D:

The generated rom it's ok
    Spoiler:

And I setup properly the mega evolution
    Spoiler:

(In G3T looks same)

And finally, make a script setting up the vars and the scripts
    Spoiler:

but in battle I press start and nothing happens, what I'm doing wrong now?
    test_copia.png

Charizard mega evolves to Charizard?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • *insert a facepalm here*

This guy understood what I'm trying to say

But you don't fucking understand what I'm trying to say. I get what you're TRYING to do, but instead of assuming that I'm incorrect, check the fucking image you posted.

error2.png

You have fucking charizard evolving into charizard.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    But you don't ****ing understand what I'm trying to say. I get what you're TRYING to do, but instead of assuming that I'm incorrect, check the ****ing image you posted.

error2.png

You have ****ing charizard evolving into charizard.

Maybe the regular Charizard and the mega-evolved Charizard in his hack share the same name, which is CHARIZARD. That's probably causing the error?

Dr. Seuss

Years
  • But you don't ****ing understand what I'm trying to say. I get what you're TRYING to do, but instead of assuming that I'm incorrect, check the ****ing image you posted.

error2.png

You have ****ing charizard evolving into charizard.

Is it really necessary that offensive tone? I think that if I replace Exploud by MegaCharizard it makes no sense to keep the name of the original Pokemon, is the reason that both have the same name.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Maybe the regular Charizard and the mega-evolved Charizard in his hack share the same name, which is CHARIZARD. That's probably causing the error?

Is it really necessary that offensive tone? I think that if I replace Exploud by MegaCharizard it makes no sense to keep the name of the original Pokemon, is the reason that both have the same name.

G3HS reads them incorrectly. You can't evolve a pokemon into a pokemon with the same name. It will always assume you mean the one that comes first in the list.

Edit: Also its pretty pointless to change current pokemon into Megas. There are slots available in between Celebi and Gen III. Use those for Megas.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    G3HS reads them incorrectly. You can't evolve a pokemon into a pokemon with the same name. It will always assume you mean the one that comes first in the list.

I know. That's why I said that it's probably the reason why he was having problems. :/

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I know. That's why I said that it's probably the reason why he was having problems. :/

My point exactly. That's why I'm getting so frustrated when I have two people trying to tell me I'm wrong while completely missing the point I'm trying to make, haha. If this doesn't fix his problem, its probably because of installing the Dollsteak patch after the Touched patch. Might have to install Dollsteak's first.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Ello! Towards the end of the insertion steps for Windows users, there's a step that indicates that you must right-click some space in the root folder. However, for you're a Windows XP users (like myself), you're probably wondering, "Where is this allusive 'Command Prompt Here' command?"...

And then you flipped because you thought you couldn't complete the insertion. You probably just gave up all together. I know... I almost did too.

Well, in order to get this feature on Windows XP, you have to edit the registry and add a new button for when you right click folders. But since you probably don't want to do that, just download this file! Once the download is complete, run it, say "Yes" to the dialouge prompts and Windows will register it. This will give you a "Command Prompt Here:" button when you right click folders.

So, on that step near the end, do not right click free space inside the folder, but rather the root folder itself. Therefore, I'll be clicking on the folder "Mega" rather than anything inside of it. The button will pop up upon right clicking and you can intiate the last steps of inserting the Mega Evolution routine. HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Can i change the evolution type number from 0xFE to something else?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Ello! Towards the end of the insertion steps for Windows users, there's a step that indicates that you must right-click some space in the root folder. However, for you're a Windows XP users (like myself), you're probably wondering, "Where is this allusive 'Command Prompt Here' command?"...

And then you flipped because you thought you couldn't complete the insertion. You probably just gave up all together. I know... I almost did too.

Well, in order to get this feature on Windows XP, you have to edit the registry and add a new button for when you right click folders. But since you probably don't want to do that, just download this file! Once the download is complete, run it, say "Yes" to the dialouge prompts and Windows will register it. This will give you a "Command Prompt Here:" button when you right click folders.

So, on that step near the end, do not right click free space inside the folder, but rather the root folder itself. Therefore, I'll be clicking on the folder "Mega" rather than anything inside of it. The button will pop up upon right clicking and you can intiate the last steps of inserting the Mega Evolution routine. HAVE FUN!

You could have asked, its easy for windows users just start a terminal (Win Key + R -> "CMD" -> Enter) and type cd "YOUR_ROOT_PATH" and continue from there, no registry edits required because the terminal should work the same for almost all versions of windows^^

~SBird

DJTiki

Years
  • You could have asked, its easy for windows users just start a terminal (Win Key + R -> "CMD" -> Enter) and type cd "YOUR_ROOT_PATH" and continue from there, no registry edits required because the terminal should work the same for almost all versions of windows^^

~SBird

I really could have asked, but I wanted to try and make a solution beforehand. And I did. I just did it the complicated way.

Dr. Seuss

Years
  • I'm got tired of this, I do it again and again and again and never becomes nothing, and I'm not using more than the generated test.gba ROM without any patch, and doing of DJG's said, press start and nothing happens

asdf.png

What I'm doing wrong now?

EDIT: Damnit, the opponent can megaevolve their Pokes, but I'm not T-T
    test_copia.png

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
  • I'm got tired of this, I do it again and again and again and never becomes nothing, and I'm not using more than the generated test.gba ROM without any patch, and doing of DJG's said, press start and nothing happens

asdf.png

What I'm doing wrong now?

I'm going to assume that SLAKING has everything regarding Mega Charizard, correct? Make sure ALL of the numbers and data are matching between Charizard and its Mega (except abilities, types, and stats [minus HP]). If you haven't already, go to SLAKING and give it an evolution too (Mega Evolution). However this time, you make sure that there is no item required (EDIT: And it's evolving to its original form). Also, it would be a safe bet to assume that Mega Pokèmon don't have level-up moves? I didn't give my Mega any learn-up moves. Well, check if you did the above at all. Good?

You probably already have done this. Just make sure that you did those things or it will not work. I had a similar issue in the past, and it turned out that I didn't give my mega his mega item. XD The symbol will not show up in battle unless all the requirements for Mega Evolution are filled.

Do you have the item, the Key Stone, in your bag? If you did absolutely EVERYTHING and you did this all on a vanilla ROM, but still get nothing, I'm stumped since I don't know precisely how you inserted it and if you did anything to the code on accident.

If it freezes when you set the vars and give the item, it's your script.
    If it simply does nothing in battle, then it's your implementation in GH3S.

Two words of advice, use G3T as it handles Mega Evolution a lot better than GH3S. Or at least, it does from my experience. And two, use the slots between Celebi and Treeko, its much more manageable.

EDIT: Damnit, the opponent can megaevolve their Pokes, but I'm not T-T
    test_copia.png

Oh, then the requirements to Mega Evolve your Pokémon hasn't been filled properly. You seem to have done it correctly. However, is Slaking Mega-ing to Charizard and Charizard Mega-Ing to Slaking? If so, that's your problem. Use OPEN Pokémon slots. Extend the roster or use the slots between Celebi and Treeko has the others said.

Last edited:
    Back