• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there everyone! In anticipation of the final release on this hack, I present to you a Mega Evolution rombase.

Please note that I have talked to touched and due to a bug the hack cannot recognize repointed pokemon tables. This means this rombase will not work until he says it works.

What this rombase does is:

Extends the pokemon tables and adds 100 new pokemon slots.
    Adds all Mega Evolutions from Gens 1-3, with stats, evolution paths, etc. Without their artwork or icons.
    Adds all Mega Stones from Gens 1-3, with icons, and descriptions.
    (This way if you want to add the remaining Mega Evolutions, and their prevolutions, you can do so!)

Adds Mr.Dollsteak's decap/move/ability patch as well, so these Mega Evolutions have their correct abilities
    Adds the D/P sprites that Chaos Rush gathered. (Not for Mega Evolutions)

I have also placed a folder in the zip that contains what I consider to be the best 64 x 64 mega evolution sprites out currently. I've spent a long time googling and that's the best I found. I know Dollsteak is continuing to work on graphics, so I'm sure we will see many more as time goes on. This folder also includes a bunch of Extra Mega Evolution images, Mega Evolution icons, Mega stone sprites, and a list of images that still need to be done.

This also includes two .ini files; One for G3T and one for Gen III suite. These should be what you use with this patch to ensure you're able to edit them properly.

My hope is that now that we have Mega Evolutions, and now that its so easy to add them into any standard game, we will be seeing more and more people wanting to help sprite these things.

Download -Link

TL;DR - This makes it so when Touched's hack is finished, all you have to do is add sprites to Mega Evolutions and you have them fully working.

Edit:
    I have now included two patches in the download. One is the standard one I originally offered, and the other is a more enhanced version. (its the same download link)

The enhanced versions includes:
    Fixed a bug where the Mega Bracelet item didn't have flavor text.
    Trainers above level 50 that owned Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving will mega evolve now.
    All Elite 4 Members have Mega Evolutions.
    Gary Mega Evolves his starters.
    Added in a new item called Keystone for your enemies to call when Mega Evolving.
    Gym Leaders Blaine, Sabrina, and Giovanni all have Mega Evolutions.
    Added a script at the beginning of the game that sets both your mega bracelet and their keystone to the proper variables.

If I do anything else to these patches, its going to be with this enhanced version. I figured I would offer both, just in case people didn't want the trainers messed with.

oh that's great work . and sorry i cannot click the link , do you have another way to enjoy the rombase,i am very want get the rombase.thanks

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • oh that's great work . and sorry i cannot click the link , do you have another way to enjoy the rombase,i am very want get the rombase.thanks

Here you are. Please note that this will function as a normal game until you install Touched's hack, and currently Touched's hack does not yet work with this. I'll change the post as soon as he gets it working, and I appreciate you enjoying it!
    http://www.filedropper.com/megabase

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Found another bug. If a Pokemon's altitude changes upon Mega Evolving, this doesn't update correctly. Say the base form floats in the air, and the Mega does not. When it Mega Evolves, the shadow won't go away and the grounded Mega will appear to be floating.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Found another bug. If a Pokemon's altitude changes upon Mega Evolving, this doesn't update correctly. Say the base form floats in the air, and the Mega does not. When it Mega Evolves, the shadow won't go away and the grounded Mega will appear to be floating.

Do any Mega Evolutions actually change altitude though?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Do any Mega Evolutions actually change altitude though?

The altitude actually changes though but the only problem is the appearance/disappearance of the shadow no matter if the transformation goes zero to high or lower to zero altitudes. Eventually, the shadow change occurs when I entered on and canceled from Bag or Pokemon menu.

Another one though: In the same turn, I sent out an Intimidate user, then the target mega evolved, then the Intimidate effect occurs. Is that supposedly to happen?

Last edited:

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    The altitude actually changes though but the only problem is the appearance/disappearance of the shadow no matter if the transformation goes zero to high or lower to zero altitudes. Eventually, the shadow change occurs when I entered on and canceled from Bag or Pokemon menu.

Another one though: In the same turn, I sent out an Intimidate user, then the target mega evolved, then the Intimidate effect occurs. Is that supposedly to happen?

Not sure, I will test on 3ds. Is this when you switch instead of attacking on your turn? Also does this order really matter? They will get their attack lowered anyway...

Pinsir, Alakazam, Mewtwo (Y), and Metagross do.

Okay then I better mark it as a higher priority bug.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Not sure, I will test on 3ds. Is this when you switch instead of attacking on your turn? Also does this order really matter? They will get their attack lowered anyway...

Yep. I switched. I dunno which should happen first since I haven't seen it personally on XY/ORAS 'cause I never played them. And yes, the stat change occurs.

Exodrake

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    A little problem:how to use it in the game?click " R " or " L " button in the pokemon battle?
    You press the Start button when selecting a move and the icon should light up with a sound effect.

EDIT: reporting in with another bug, this one is probably not surprising but triggering a Mega Evolution in a link battle will freeze the game. Link battling is a relevant issue since Hamachi allows 3rd gen wifi battles.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • You press the Start button when selecting a move and the icon should light up with a sound effect.

EDIT: reporting in with another bug, this one is probably not surprising but triggering a Mega Evolution in a link battle will freeze the game. Link battling is a relevant issue since Hamachi allows 3rd gen wifi battles.

This doesn't sound like a fun one to fix...

Exodrake

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Bug scouter back again. If the AI Mega Evolves something first I won't be able to do so, but if I Mega Evolve first the AI still can.

EDIT: Okay scratch that, it SOMETIMES works, both after and on the same turn as the NPC. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether I get to mega evolve or not. I don't get it, mega evolving just like...works when it wants to on my end. Triggering mega evolution always works without trouble if the AI hasn't already mega evolved something.

Also the move animation particles glitching out has also happened with Dragon Claw and Sacred Fire so this is a more generalized glitch than just Dark Pulse, and most likely affects other animations. only happens in double battles.

EDIT 2: For testing purposes, I made something evolve into a Mega with a regular evolution method so I could use it in a link battle, and I found some quirks which may help with bug fixing. The Mega icon doesn't show when the Mega is the opponent:
    Spoiler:

Also, when the link battle ends, the Mega does not revert to normal, which it would do in a regular battle even when "Mega" Evolved with a normal evolution method, because the revert entry is still there.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I have a problem with this.

I insert sucessful this hack and I follow the Criminion's tutorial of how to set up the mega evolution in G3T, and I edit to Charizard to mega evolve to Exploud (Edited to be Mega Charizard X) with Red Shard (index 48 in decimal)

Later I make a level script in the start of game seting up the variables 0x4001and 0x4002 to 0x161 (Gold teeth index), and I put a script with a giveitem with the gold teeth and red shard, but I don't know why when I press start in the move selection the megaevolution not happen, I press start again and again, but nothing happen, what I'm doing wrong?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I have a problem with this.

I insert sucessful this hack and I follow the Criminion's tutorial of how to set up the mega evolution in G3T, and I edit to Charizard to mega evolve to Exploud (Edited to be Mega Charizard X) with Red Shard (index 48 in decimal)

Later I make a level script in the start of game seting up the variables 0x4001and 0x4002 to 0x161 (Gold teeth index), and I put a script with a giveitem with the gold teeth and red shard, but I don't know why when I press start in the move selection the megaevolution not happen, I press start again and again, but nothing happen, what I'm doing wrong?

Too many variables missing to give you a definite answer based off of what you've given. Make sure you don't repoint any tables. Red shard is in fact 48, so that should be correct. Are you sure you set up the hack properly? It seems like you're editing everything else correctly.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Too many variables missing to give you a definite answer based off of what you've given. Make sure you don't repoint any tables. Red shard is in fact 48, so that should be correct. Are you sure you set up the hack properly? It seems like you're editing everything else correctly.

Yes, I'm do every step of the tutorials. Is possible that fails because I apply the MrDollSteak's decap patch 1.5a?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    If tables (Evolution Table, Pokémon Base Stats, Pokémon Names and Trainers if I recall correctly) are moved from their original position this is definitely a problem. You then have to either manually correct the offsets in the mega evolution routines via hex editor or replace them in the code one by one (They are not that much actually, I added them to my symbol table for my project to fix the issue)

~SBird

Back