• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
Try posting that over here.

..or, I can tell you how to fix it here. You have to set a flag in the script, and then (in A-map) put the flag number you used as the Pokeball's Person ID. Then it won't come back.

In the future, though, use the Script Help thread for scripts, pl0x.

When I first posted I thought I was in the script help thread. Thanks for the helping though I'm still not that skilled to know about setting flags

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
Heya. New member here, and I tried looking as much as I could without backreading 500+ pages, but. With HG/SS coming out, I'm longing for a way to go back to gen 2, but I lack a DS. But are there any hacks out there that contain all pokemon of Generation 2 without having to trade back and forth or using a virtual gameshark or some such?

Figured I'd ask. Thanks.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Griff Morivan- Try emulation. We can play Heart Gold and Soul Silver on our computers, albeit with some problems :3

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have been trying to figure this out for a long time now, and I feel Like I am really close, but I need some help.

I was able to deduce for the title screen, that the F slot for the pallets are stored at 0x020377D8 ( which is in the WRAM)

I went to logging and click SWI and DMA 3. The after the pallets where loaded I searched for 0x020377D8.

I took me to this line:
CpuSet: 0x08eae094,0x020377d8,0x00000010 (VCOUNT=11)
I searched 0x08eae094 in a hex editor, but it didn't exist. So I flipped it, and search for the pointer, <94E0EA08>. I found it, and it took me to an area where there where a lot of pointers. I tried changing <94E0EA08> to a pointer where there was only free space; but then I checked the game and nothing changed.

Here is some data after then line with the 0x020377d8 (Mabey it might help)
Spoiler:

The offset also appears on this line:
CpuSet: 0x08eae094,0x020377d8,0x00000010 (VCOUNT=205)
Nothing new for me to experiment with.

Here is some data after that line also:
Spoiler:

So dose anybody know what I should do next, or dose anybody know Where in the rom dose it say which pallet to load to 0x020377D8?

help is greatly appreciated.

Well... the palette you're talking about is generated dynamically from the previous one. It's not loaded from the ROM at all.

How do I activate so that SOMEONE'S PC will change to BILL'S PC?

If you did a bit of research, you would have easily found out it's flag 0x834.

does anybody know were i can find back and shiny sprites of hg and ss pokemon sprites. i tryed google all i find was font sprites and i tryed searching on here but still don't find anything.

I wonder how did you search, because you can find all of them here.

Last edited:

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
Well... the palette you're talking about is generated dynamically from the previous one. It's not loaded from the ROM at all.

If you did a bit of research, you would have easily found out it's 0x834.

I wonder how did you search, because you can find all of them here.

i just typed in pokemon heartgold and soulsilver pokemon sprites or heartgold pokemon sprites or pokemon heartgold sprites in the search bar and all i find was topics and threads about heartgold and soulsilver and how the new sprites look and other stuff. i wasn't really sure what to look for. so i thought well there heartgold and soulsilver sprites so just type that in and see if i find anything. thanks hackmew

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
1/what's a good hex editor, and where could i download it?
2/how do i edit the pokemon menu?
3/if it's unlz-gba, what's the offset?
4/what is the pallet offset for the oak intro background?
5/if i wanted an event to happen right when the game starts, would i use a level script?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
UGH!!! I'm about to go nuts and stop hacking if I don't figure this out.

I'm working on a new hack and have made a pretty good map. So I use the connections to connect it to a city I made. After that I test my rom to see how the map looks and when I go downward to enter the new map it looks like its out of place. Example: The road is supposed to connect to the new map road but the new map road is out of place. Instead I have trees from the new map blocking my way from entering it from the map Im trying to leave.

Please can someone help?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What would be the best tools for a starting hacker?
I'm currently using A-map.
I can't get pokescriipt to work :/
I got really confused at this title screen tutorial on youtube, so I want some help from a more experienced hacker about what tools I should use :)

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
What would be the best tools for a starting hacker?
I'm currently using A-map.
I can't get pokescriipt to work :/
I got really confused at this title screen tutorial on youtube, so I want some help from a more experienced hacker about what tools I should use :)

everything from hackmew's toolbox, ntme from d-trogh, advance map from lu-ho, advance sprite position editor from wichu, and a lot of other tools found in the toolbox.
and don't use pokescript, use xse.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
This forum is about hacking only. Roms spoken here are illegal and are not to be discussed.

But to answer your question, No$gba is a good one, and desmune 0.9 or something like that is good too. The best ones out there besides a flash cart.

But yeah that's just a heads up, don't discussed roms or you could be banned.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
i've got a question. my warp does not work. the map,-bank,.. ar alright... and I can enter the warp but exactly at the time when I enter it, the screen turns black..other warps work just normal..any ideas?
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back