• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gts sucks

Years
  • I wish GameFreak would make it so that event legendaries can't be requested on GTS. Like, if you can't trade them on GTS or Wonder Trade because of them being events, then just don't allow them to even be able to be listed. It's frustrating. ;( But like I said, generally if you put something up for trade and ask for something feasible, you'll get it. Also, I've noticed people don't like nicknames. So if your Pokemon has a nickname, you're less likely to see it get traded.

I disagree with this part because then a ton of people wouldn't be able to ever complete their pokedex.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I disagree with this part because then a ton of people wouldn't be able to ever complete their pokedex.

How are they completing their Dex though? If events cannot be traded through GTS, then how is that working towards completing their Pokedex? Plus, event Pokemon aren't required by the game itself for a complete Pokedex. I should say that the event Pokemon should have their own level of GTS (event for event, or something of the sort), but it doesn't help anyone when someone puts up a Cobalion and asks for Mew, which cannot be traded on GTS since it's event only. That Cobalion will be there til the cows come home because even if someone wants it and has a Mew to trade for it, they're not going to be able to because the game won't let them. It's silly that the game lets you put in those event Pokemon as a want when the game doesn't actually let you trade them. That's my issue.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You're right. o-o And I didn't know you can complete the national dex without obtaining those event pokemon.
    @_@

Yeah, they don't really explicitly mention it in the game. I didn't know about it myself til someone on here told me back when I was working on mine. :( It would make it a lot easier if you could trade them on GTS for those that are sticklers for having literally every Pokemon...like me, haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The GTS seems to be all over the place atm, I just try to avoid using it at all costs. Unless I'm unable to obtain a specific Pokemon, then I'll just trade with myself or a friend.

Years
  • My first rule for GTS is only use it so get pokedex fillers and never anything you would use in your party. (This has been very successful for me and the main reason why I have been able to complete my pokedex on X and getting towards completing my AS pokedex).

My second rule is never put crap up your self, always offer a Ditto, a starter, a version exclusive or a Pokemon that has a special evolution method (i.e stone or location specific evolution).

Years
  • The most use I ever got out of the GTS myself was back when Black 2 and White 2 were still mainstream with the Magnemite coil so I could get those and obtain more Join Avenue visitors for my main game. Although I do wonder how Magnemite of all Pokémon became the thing everyone wanted to trade...

Years
  • GTS isn't prefect, but I got some good things out of it. It takes some perseverance, honestly. You have to be aware, if you're asking for something obscure.. like, say, a Contrary Shuckle, something that almost no one uses.. chances are low you'll find it in the GTS. I've been after an Analytic Elgyem for god knows how long.. but the fact that it's kind of labeled as a crummy Pokemon no one uses... and it's HA release was spotty at best.. it's not like there's tons to go around. You're better off trying to find a Friend Safari or looking for someone who's willing to do a trade one on one.

Yeah, and ignore the asshats looking for lvl 100 Giratina with a lvl 5 Zigzagoon. Dumb kids and trolls play this game too. I always ALWAYS "sell" looking to "buy" .. because browsing usually doesn't get you anywhere. If you're looking for something standard that a lot of people use.. you will find it after a few tries.

Contrary Shuckle though? Probably not.

TheGhosteon

Geeeetttt dunked on!!
    Years
  • When I plan on doing another playthrough of Pokemon X with a certain team, but I don't have a Pokemon I can breed for one of the team members, I just put up a Xerneas on the GTS, in exchange for the Pokemon I need. It works, I'll say that, but I'm not sure why everyone wants Xerneas, other than for Dex completion.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've given up on the GTS a long time ago, it seems to run rampant with younger kids wanting legendaries or something. The detail feature is really nice though, it's helped me get rid of spare breeding projects really fast because I can list how many IVs it has as well as egg moves. Although, I think one time I forgot to change my description when I put a regular Pokémon up for trade so it didn't have the IVs I had listed... :(

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • GTS isn't prefect, but I got some good things out of it. It takes some perseverance, honestly. You have to be aware, if you're asking for something obscure.. like, say, a Contrary Shuckle, something that almost no one uses.. chances are low you'll find it in the GTS. I've been after an Analytic Elgyem for god knows how long.. but the fact that it's kind of labeled as a crummy Pokemon no one uses... and it's HA release was spotty at best.. it's not like there's tons to go around. You're better off trying to find a Friend Safari or looking for someone who's willing to do a trade one on one.

Yeah, and ignore the asshats looking for lvl 100 Giratina with a lvl 5 Zigzagoon. Dumb kids and trolls play this game too. I always ALWAYS "sell" looking to "buy" .. because browsing usually doesn't get you anywhere. If you're looking for something standard that a lot of people use.. you will find it after a few tries.

Contrary Shuckle though? Probably not.

I actually have a coupel of HA Elegyems in AS. .-. If you want VM/PM me and we can set up a trade tomorrow....

Anyhow, I've had very little experience with the GTS honestly, and most of it was good. Except once I offered a HA Floatzel and asked for an Onix because my little bro wanted a Steelix. So I asked for it to be holding a metal coat in the details box and they traded over a normal Onix and he was sad. I guess I could borrow a friend's 3ds though and evolve it that way but it just felt wrong ya know.....

Back