• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gts sucks

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Been trying all day to get a shuckle with contrary from the gts, but no one is honest about this stuff...

I haven't traded anything of too much value, but the fact that people
    1) lie in their descriptions
    2) do not listen to your descriptions
    gets me a little annoyed...

So, longish story short, the gts still sucks.

Years
  • I have to agree with you they really messed up with the GTS. There are so many lairs in the world that trusting someone on the GTS is very hard. I think that if they implemented a "Summary" tab to the GTS that there would be a drop in the numbers of those being scammed. Although I cannot provide you with one, I wish you luck in finding a Shuckle with Contrary. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    GTS is a great idea (looking for certain Pokémon and getting it, hopefully) but there is too much stupidity on GTS people asking for Arceus, Mew, level 90-100 Grovyle (which is a problem because if you actually have the Pokémon, GTS won't let you trade it because it isn't at the levels the person is requesting), this is where GTS has problems, requesting "legendary" Pokémon should have a value system where if you want a legend you have to trade a legend. And I'm not 100% sure how this works in gen IV but is it even possible to trade any Event Pokémon anymore on GTS?

A summary option should be made available when checking what is being offered for trade (as one person might have the hidden ability you are looking for vs. someone that doesn't), however I think people ignoring what you are looking for (when it is something specific such as nature/IVs/egg move or even abilities) is okay on GTS because that isn't what the GTS is designed for.

Requesting these specifics on GTS and expecting them is someone's own fault in my opinion, however it doesn't mean you won't get what you were asking for.

Also I really think searing for levels shouldn't be an option on GTS have seen people requesting level 10-20 Raikou and stuff like that too

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Whenever I see somebody complaining about the GTS it reminds me about the time when I was still playing my X version. Back then I asked myself, if it is possible to complete the Pokedex by only using your ingame options and the GTS. In theory it should and there are probably enough people out there, who managed to get it done. I thought to myself that if I was able to do it, I'd write some kind of Beginner's Guide, that would be helpful to other people.
    Sadly when I got to the point were I was only missing like 5 different species I never finished my attempt, mostly because I got OR where I was able to obtain those Pokemon, anyway. Maybe I should write that thing at some point nonetheless.

The basic idea was that trading on the GTS and competitive battling are quite similar, the only important factor is the focus that changes from battling in order to win to trading in order to get what you want.

Years
  • The GTS is really messed up. So many people request the most absurd trades (Weedle for Arceus). Also I agree with the summary thing. Would really help with trading and stuff.

But this takes the cake. You can't trade event pokemon which are considered "special pokemon," yet there's an option to disable said "special pokemon" when searching for a pokemon. Game freak obviously knows you can't trade them but they put the feature in anyway. Why not just wipe out event pokemon requests on GTS entirely?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Gts sucks

GTS has always had this problem. Probably won't ever change. But siper x, since you're on this site, you don't have to deal with the GTS. There's the Trade Corner that'll getcha what ya need

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    GTS always isn't very reliable, to say the least.

If we'd like to trade and whatnot to get a hold of something specific, I've always believed that we're better off using message boards (and other areas of the like) to set up deal and offers, as we're able to contact the person we're planning to trade with directly, without any hassle at all.

Though, I do agree that GTS is a good idea. One thing I feel that prevents it from becoming better is lack of rules and limitations; if Nintendo were to create and enforce them, things will likely become more clean and trustworthy.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • GTS is full of the stupid. I've always come from the stupid feeling a little less like a smart. The stupid has it so you get ensnared in it's encumbrance from which there is no escape. Level 5s for level 100s, cheap and un-unique Pokémon for rare and uncommon Pokémon, people requesting 'shiny pls' and trading '6 IVs' Pokémon, People asking for Legendary Pokémon in exchange for their Vivillon. . . the stupid grows at a rate of stupid fast. It's not just the GTS either. Passersby always seem to want my good Pokémon for their not so good Pokémon.

I cannot imagine why they allow this top continue. Also, shame on GameFreak for still using the practice of hidden event Pokémon. I've had it with the Mews, the Celebis, the Arceuses, the Deoxys, Jirachis, Hoopas, Volcanions and all the other Pokémon that cannot be obtained through normal means. Why give me the false hope GF? You're not letting me be the very best and you're definitely not letting me become a master and there is only on response to that: I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me from Being the Master

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Well hey, I occasionally have days where I trade goodies like wish eevee and regenerator foongus for people. But yeah, the GTS is full of liars who don't even want competitive pokemon, they just want legendaries.

Years
  • I wish there were more filters and such and more ability to actually see more of what you are getting. Oh and a special pokemon only trading mode would be nice too. I just clone something I have shiny for something I need regular any of to get quickly.

Years
  • I haven't really used the GTS at all since I completed the Pokédex in X a year ago, so I don't really get bothered by what there is on it. But I still hate that people have such inane requests such as legendaries for simple first stage stuff.

Tainers

Dawn of a New Day
    Years
  • Yeah can't believe people offer legendaries for stuff like budew. It gets annoying when you're looking for a specific gender pokemon to get egg moves. When I ever want a specific pokemon, I usually just ask one of my closer friends if they have it. Another alternative I do is wonder trade for a little and hope I win out on the wonder roulette. That usually doesn't go that well.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • GTS has always been iffy. Expecting anyone to follow through of what you've asked and what they're presenting, is very much wishful thinking. It's best just to follow what Peitharchia has said and just go to message boards. Your chances increase exponentially if you do that.

I don't need to use the GTS for much anymore since I've completed the National Dex a while back; occasionally if I want a hidden ability I might go to GTS on a whim. But, I would love for GameFreak to implement the stats/ability/nature/moveset available for showing of the Pokemon someone has put up for offer. It won't prevent people from doing the usual GTS "Weedle for Zekrom" mentality, but it does help out in that you can now spot out who's telling a fib when they say "6IV Adamant + Egg Moves" as a description.

Here is an amusing story for GTS though. Back when X/Y came out and PokeBank wasn't available, there were a bunch of people putting up their Mewtwo, Yvetal, Xerneas, and Zygarde up for trade, asking for Ratattas and other unobtainable Pokemon, pre-Bank. Since the Japanese were the first ones to have access to PokeBank (for that short stint before the server got slammed), some players were snatching up Legendaries left to right, lol.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen today
    IMO these problems in the GTS could be fixed fairly simply:

• Take away level requirements
    • Ban/have a separate area for special Pokémon

I don't think the level requirements serve a lot of purpose anyway. If the primary reason for it to use it to complete a Pokédex, then doing without levels would solve a lot more problems than it creates.

I personally find the GTS almost completely unusable, except for the briefest period back when Diamond & Pearl came out before it really started to be abused. The even more annoying thing is that unless significant changes are made, it is a self-sustaining problem; i.e. people who want to trade "regularly" can never find anything reasonable, so the only people who use it are requesting unreasonable trades, etc etc etc.

I do like Wonder Trades though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Idk if I'd call Wonder Trade a better alternative really. People still send tons of shit through it and it's very much a gamble since you have even less power over what you're getting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    GTS wouldn't be so bad if they just hired some mods to go through and weed out all the kiddos asking for impossible and downright dumb trades

Years
  • Yes, people are stupid for expecting a legendary or a shiny legendary for a basic pokemon

HOWEVER

GTS has helped me trade between my games. And transfer over items that way.
    I've put up my perfect IV scyther with metal coat and requested for a Reshiram just to make sure nobody steals my pokemon.
    If they do, I still get a legendary. xD

So what I'm trying to say is that it's awesome that players can use it to their advantage as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yo, I've had good luck with GTS. I rarely ever seek the Pokemon I want. I just put up something and ask for whatever I want and I usually have good luck. As long as people put up something and ask for something else of equal or lesser value, you'll likely get it. I once put up a shiny Zorua for Regice (I figured that'd be fair, right?) and actually got a shiny Regice in return! I was sooo happy. Wasn't expecting that at all and Regice is one of my favorite legendaries and I've always wanted a shiny, even though it's just a brighter shade of blue, haha.

I wish GameFreak would make it so that event legendaries can't be requested on GTS. Like, if you can't trade them on GTS or Wonder Trade because of them being events, then just don't allow them to even be able to be listed. It's frustrating. ;( But like I said, generally if you put something up for trade and ask for something feasible, you'll get it. Also, I've noticed people don't like nicknames. So if your Pokemon has a nickname, you're less likely to see it get traded.

Back