• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] [RMXP] Why is there black around the map?

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Hello , i am having a problem why is my map had this kind of thing ? the black thingy please help how to fix this :(
    e9a2640eda5e0b43ae8f242bc07438de.png

Years
  • This is normal. Everything around a map is black. There are two ways to circumvent this:

1. Broaden the border, so that the player is at least 8 fields away from the border on top and bottom of the screen as well as 6 fields to the sides. For example, place a few trees in front of the border of the map so that player can not get to close.
    2. Snap the edges of the map with the Editor in the Metadata of the map.
      You should do this only with maps that do not connect to any other maps directly, as this will mess up the transition from one map to another. Though, in my opinion, snapping edges is the perfect way to avoid black borders for stand-alone maps.

Back