• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
soo i changed it to this

#dynamic 0x2DD2A0

#org @start
hidesprite 8
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x8
release
end

which is what i think you ment but obviously im not a clever man and now it freezes the game when i touch it

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
soo i changed it to this

#dynamic 0x2DD2A0

#org @start
hidesprite 8
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x8
release
end

which is what i think you ment but obviously im not a clever man and now it freezes the game when i touch it

Flags below 21 are temporary, they won't work for you. The best chunk is 200-2FF. Also, i can see that you changed the event number. I said change the person ID. This is at the bottom of the person event sidebar. It will specifically say "person I.D.".

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
Set a flag, then assign that flag to the Pokéball's Person ID in Advance Map

Unfortunately I screwed up my rom with sappy trying to change the music and I am trying to remake it but here is the script
Spoiler:

I have the Pokeball ID set to 828 but for some reason it won't even let me click the Pokeball. Nothing happens, no beep or anything, It treats it as a wall. I have it set to the script but I am almost sure I am the most incompetent (is that how you spell it?) hacker in the world. V.V Also I have checked the movement permissions and they are as they should be.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Unfortunately I screwed up my rom with sappy trying to change the music and I am trying to remake it but here is the script
Spoiler:

I have the Pokeball ID set to 828 but for some reason it won't even let me click the Pokeball. Nothing happens, no beep or anything, It treats it as a wall. I have it set to the script but I am almost sure I am the most incompetent (is that how you spell it?) hacker in the world. V.V Also I have checked the movement permissions and they are as they should be.

Don't use flags over 900s, they overwrite and are overwritten by variables. You can press ctrl + L on PKSV to see what are some important flags you shouldn't use for events like there (you'll also notice 0x1FE, 0x1FF, 0x200-0x204 are unused and perfect for this event).

To make an overworld disappear, you need to do disappear 0x[PersonID] as seen in Advance Map.
Last point is that you can just check flag 0x828 since you're setting it once the Pokemon is obtained anyways.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Would anybody be willing to play what I have and try to figure out what is going on? I have tried troubleshooting for days but come up short everytime. Its no very far into the game its the very first pokemon center that causes problems after I fight a trainer I take possession of another sprite.

I posted before but never really got any answers or help

Pokemon:
Saphire Version:
A-MAP:
XSE:

Ok I tried doing all the research that I could but I am having trouble fixing the problem. Let me try to make this as clear as possible for you guys. When I make it to the first area that I have my pokemon center and heal I go out to battle the trainers. but after I beat some of them in battle for some reason when the battle scene is over I take control of another OW sprite or I will just move around as an invisble character. I tried narrowing down the problems. I dont believe it is any of the trainer codes as they are very basic and have no flags set on any of them. I the only other thing that I could think of would be map scripts causing the effects. But this problem only happens after I heal at the POKEMON CENTER?

I would show pics but the forum wont let me until I have posted 15 times :p

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
I'm happy to have a look at it if you'd like, I cant figure out how to get past an issue I'm havin with my own mod atm either. Private message me or sumthing an i'll give u my email if u wana send me over the rom to have a look at.

Would anybody be willing to play what I have and try to figure out what is going on? I have tried troubleshooting for days but come up short everytime. Its no very far into the game its the very first pokemon center that causes problems after I fight a trainer I take possession of another sprite.

I posted before but never really got any answers or help

Pokemon:
Saphire Version:
A-MAP:
XSE:

Ok I tried doing all the research that I could but I am having trouble fixing the problem. Let me try to make this as clear as possible for you guys. When I make it to the first area that I have my pokemon center and heal I go out to battle the trainers. but after I beat some of them in battle for some reason when the battle scene is over I take control of another OW sprite or I will just move around as an invisble character. I tried narrowing down the problems. I dont believe it is any of the trainer codes as they are very basic and have no flags set on any of them. I the only other thing that I could think of would be map scripts causing the effects. But this problem only happens after I heal at the POKEMON CENTER?

I would show pics but the forum wont let me until I have posted 15 times :p

I'm happy to have a look at it if you'd like, I cant figure out how to get past an issue I'm havin with my own mod atm either. Private message me or sumthing an i'll give u my email if u wana send me over the rom to have a look at.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013

Thanks man, I will send you a PM. Anybody else is welcome to try and help me on this the more the better. Im just ready to break through this problem

Years
soo i changed it to this

#dynamic 0x2DD2A0

#org @start
hidesprite 8
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x8
release
end

you literally need to do this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#include stditems.rbh

#org @start
giveitem ITEM_NAME 0x1 MSG_FIND
end

And then assign a flag to the Poké Ball's Person ID. (This uses XSE)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I've been following pokedude987's XSE tutorials on Youtube (with slight differences due to him using FireRed and I'm using Sapphire, but it works), and so far my test scripts have been working up until now. My trainer script won't compile due to the error: Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 10. Missing dynamic label.

The is my script:
#dynamic 0x6B0A88

#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x194 0x64 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @talk1 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x236 0x0 @challege @defeat
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org @done
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x6 @talk2
release
end

#org @talk1
= Let's test a trainer battle now!

#org @talk2
= Was it a success?

#org @challenge
= Ready?

#org @defeat
= ...

Line 10 is the line with the trainerbattle command. I can't see any difference with pokedude987's 10th line besides the trainer ID pointer, but apparently I'm doing something wrong here. I'd appreciate any advice.

karatekid552

Years
I've been following pokedude987's XSE tutorials on Youtube (with slight differences due to him using FireRed and I'm using Sapphire, but it works), and so far my test scripts have been working up until now. My trainer script won't compile due to the error: Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 10. Missing dynamic label.

The is my script:
#dynamic 0x6B0A88

#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x194 0x64 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @talk1 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x236 0x0 @challege @defeat
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org @done
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x6 @talk2
release
end

#org @talk1
= Let's test a trainer battle now!

#org @talk2
= Was it a success?

#org @challenge
= Ready?

#org @defeat
= ...

Line 10 is the line with the trainerbattle command. I can't see any difference with pokedude987's 10th line besides the trainer ID pointer, but apparently I'm doing something wrong here. I'd appreciate any advice.

You spelled "challenge" wrong on line 10:p. It was searching for "Challege" and couldn't find it.

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
Alright, now this might have been covered, but for some reason the search function hasn't yielded results for me...and its slowness doesn't help.
Anyway, my script is
Spoiler:

The problem isn't the script itself...I think...but I'm posting here just in case it is (that and I've no idea where to post it). Obviously, it's meant to make the NPC registered with it to say "Did you know? Skitty like the smell of flowers!" but for some reason, in-game she doesn't say this. In fact, she's not even where I placed her Person Event. In all the tests I've done so far, she seems to end up in one of two places - one is in the wall of a house, and one is in the middle of the map. In both cases, talking to her does nothing - she just continues looking as if there's no interaction. I've tried reinstalling Pokescript and using a fresh rom - even changing which game I'm hacking - but it still does nothing. I don't use XSE because I keep getting a runtime error 9 no matter what I do. So...could someone tell me if it's a script problem or an external problem?
Again, sorry if it's not the right place.

Years
Use XSE. The version you have is faulty. Here's the correct version.

For XSE, this is all you need to do:

Spoiler:

Hit the Gears button and hit Copy, then paste the offset into the person's script offset in Advance Map.

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
Well, that would be great...if XSE was working. Just downloaded the version you linked me to, unzipped it, and tried to use the application. Still getting the exact same response I got from every other time I used XSE;
"Run-Time Error 9:
subscript out of range"

EDIT: Through a quick Youtube search I managed to acquire a version of XSE which will work. I've done exaclty as you said to do, but it still yields the same result; the woman is still standing in the wrong place, just as before, even with the changed script offset. Actually, upon further examination, she returns to 'her' spot now after I get my starter, but talking to her triggers a glitchy shop, or a slot machine. I'm starting to wonder if this is caused by deleting events in the town, but I wouldn't have thought such a thing would be possible.
EDIT EDIT: Attempted the very same script you suggested in XSE on a fresh rom, but I still get the same issues.

Last edited:

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
OK, I have a problem with this level script. What script type should it be if I want it to work the second you enter a map?

Right now its script type 5, which only works when you open then close the menu.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I use four for my level scripts. Read cooley's level script tutorial and it will work.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Now it doesn't work AT ALL. I'm thinking something is wrong with my script. Here is what I wrote.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Now it doesn't work AT ALL. I'm thinking something is wrong with my script. Here is what I wrote.
Spoiler:

Use option 02 for map scripts with an unused var. Also, NO flags over 900. They overwrite var and pc ram space.

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
So...any ideas one what might be causing my problems or should I just give up and go home? I mean, I've tried re-downloading Advancemap, tried multiple different roms, several versions of XSE and Pokescript. Nothing's worked.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
So...any ideas one what might be causing my problems or should I just give up and go home? I mean, I've tried re-downloading Advancemap, tried multiple different roms, several versions of XSE and Pokescript. Nothing's worked.

Provide more information in your request. We don't know why nothing is working, there could be many problems. If you've re-downloaded the programs and such, it's safe to assume the problem lies with your computer. What operation system are you running? and do you have the correct prerequisite files downloaded? Check these.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Well, that would be great...if XSE was working. Just downloaded the version you linked me to, unzipped it, and tried to use the application. Still getting the exact same response I got from every other time I used XSE;
"Run-Time Error 9:
subscript out of range"

EDIT: Through a quick Youtube search I managed to acquire a version of XSE which will work. I've done exaclty as you said to do, but it still yields the same result; the woman is still standing in the wrong place, just as before, even with the changed script offset. Actually, upon further examination, she returns to 'her' spot now after I get my starter, but talking to her triggers a glitchy shop, or a slot machine. I'm starting to wonder if this is caused by deleting events in the town, but I wouldn't have thought such a thing would be possible.
EDIT EDIT: Attempted the very same script you suggested in XSE on a fresh rom, but I still get the same issues.

By the way, all you had to do to make your XSE work was go into your Settings.ini file and change the AutoUpdateCheck setting to "0" instead of "1".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back