• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoo

Years
  • Tattoo

Do you have tattoos? If yes, provide details!

Do you want to get your first or an additional tattoo in the future? If so, what do you have in mind?

If you don't want a tattoo, why not?

Use pictures to show off tattoos you have or give a sense of ideas you might have for tattoos in the future.​

Years
  • Na no tattoos for me. I've never enjoyed the thought of littering my body with random pictures of stuff that wouldn't even matter irl other than use it as a conversation piece. Don't get me wrong I'm fine if someone has/wants a tattoo, I mean go for it! It's just not something I would put on my body.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've never really liked tattoos in general. I've seen a few that are really tastefully done and that look nice, but most of the time they just look tacky, and they only get worse as you age and your skin stretches and whatnot. Regardless, I wouldn't want one on myself - plus I don't like needles so that's out of the question anyway!

Sirfetch’d

I wouldn't mind having a small tattoo at some point in the future. I think tattoos are really cool as long as you don't get something ridiculously large and obnoxious because then it just looks ridiculous and only gets worse as you age. Not sure what I would get one of though!

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    A lot of people get pretty superficial tattoos and it's a bummer man. I think a tattoo should be a portrayal of what defines your mind and spirit; it should be an embodiment of what you cherish in life. When you close your eyes and think about something you love, what do you see? It might be faint, and far away, but you see it, and it means something to you. Body art is a tribute.

This is the first one I got, sorry for the random ass snake, it's the only picture I have atm. This one tributes how music has changed my life, hence the butterfly symbology. The writing is a Jimi Hendrix quote and it's actually his handwriting you see. We were able to make a stencil from on old letter he had written. This art also pays homage to my sister who passed away when I was 14 -- I will always think of her when I listen to Little Wing.

Spoiler:

Second one, super shitty picture, my bad. Inspired by Japanese Woodblock Prints. The story is too long to get into.

Spoiler:

Most recent one I got, it was kinda spur of the moment tbh. My best friend was moving away for good and decided we'd get tattoos to remember each other by. I didn't have to think long about what we'd get.

Spoiler:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I have no tattoos on my body as of now; but that doesn't mean I won't ever get one. I just haven't found the art that resonates with me quite yet. Many ideas I have don't withstand the stringent test of time; but I will eventually settle on something one of these days and get a few small tattoos as a tribute to the things that matter.

Years
  • I don't really have any problems with tattoos but I'm not in a rush to get one either. I sometimes consider getting a small tattoo of the cyanide and happiness characters on the inside of one of my arms though because it sums up a big part of my personality really well I think.

Years
  • I don't want any tattoos. I don't have any problems with it, but I just don't :(

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • When I turns 18 I wants yolo on my wrist by then I realized I'd probs regret it one day so I got a transfer so I can put it in and take it off at will

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Nope and at this stage...I don't really want any. I can't deny that they look really good depending on where/what they are and who they are on, but for me personally, I don't like the idea of injecting ink into my skin permanently.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    None yet. I want to get my zodiac sign on my wrist and a small matching moon tattoo on the other wrist with a friend. I've been getting into tarot cards and I was thinking once I learn enough and find a card I really connect with I may like to get an aspect of it somewhere on me.

Years
  • Yeah, no tattoos for me either. Not so much that I don't think they look good, or that I hate needles (although they are rather meh), but more because I have something against marking up my skin in any way. :X I just...can't do it.

I can't even stand temporary tattoos because of that, lol.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Taking into consideration with the fact that I'm terrified of needles, I doubt I'll be able to get any tattoos anytime soon. I don't mind the pain, but the idea of dealing with the needle driving into my skin for a long period would send me spiraling into a panic attack. x_x

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i don't have any tattoos, but i'm considering getting one at some point in the future. i don't wanna go fancy with it; i just want something cute, small and simple. i'd like to get one just like this, same spot. :3

Years
  • If I do ever get one, I will sure as hell make sure I find a reputable artist. I have friends and acquaintances with low-quality tattoos from small towns. Further, I would have to be at least 95 percent sure that I would love the concept through the rest of my life.

To the point of aging and tattooing mentioned a few times above, even though older skin is more fragile, touch ups can be applied to faded tattoos throughout life. I seriously don't get how some people will just let their tattoos fade...

I love tattoos that are sharp lines, graphic, bold, and being colorful is nice too. I have an artist in mind if I were to get a tattoo a year or two from now, but it's costly and even if I get a well executed tattoo, I will still need to be sure of the concept.

I love this guy's stuff!
    Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    A lot of people get pretty superficial tattoos and it's a bummer man. I think a tattoo should be a portrayal of what defines your mind and spirit; it should be an embodiment of what you cherish in life. When you close your eyes and think about something you love, what do you see? It might be faint, and far away, but you see it, and it means something to you. Body art is a tribute.

On the flip side, though, it's really not that serious. There isn't anything wrong with a bit of superficiality - not everyone considers their body a Marina Abramović exhibit.

If I get a tattoo, it'll be a hideable Harley Quinn one that probably sits on my shoulder or something. Nothing extravagant, probably the size of the banknote.

Years
  • I've theorized and contemplated whether to ever get one, but realistically speaking, I probably never would. I'm not the type to have permanent ink etched on to my skin when I could very well regret the decision to ever do so.

Yukari

Tattoo's look really... Ugly to me. Plus, I wouldn't want to have something done to me that can't be reversed.

So, yeah. I don't have any Tattoos.

Back