• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Years
  • Judging by slls81's ever so popular ongoing trainer RP, and many other similar RPs popping up now and then, people here seem pretty eager to participate in such a game. Especially newer RPers who maybe don't dare to jump into a more serious game with lots of background story and a setting they are not familiar with.

Is it so?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I would say that is very true. I haven't been here in like 2-3 years so the first RP I chose to join was a simple, "You start at the beginning" RP. The reason is two fold.

1.) Less is expected of you which is nice when you are either just getting started or haven't done any RPing in awhile. It has been awhile, but when I was last here I remember the community being very harsh and hard to get in to. Lots of close sign-ups. The few that were not tended to be "You just got your starter " plot.

2.) My favorite think to do is create characters that have weaknesses. Now when I say weakness, I actually mean weakness. Not the, "I doubt myself but always pull throw at the least second," stuff I see a lot. That isn't realistic. I like to RP bad losses and failures do to those weaknesses. I'm actually working on a character right now that doesn't even want to be a trainer and is forced to start with a Munna (which I find very funny).

And a f

Years
  • I would say that is very true. I haven't been here in like 2-3 years so the first RP I chose to join was a simple, "You start at the beginning" RP. The reason is two fold.

1.) Less is expected of you which is nice when you are either just getting started or haven't done any RPing in awhile. It has been awhile, but when I was last here I remember the community being very harsh and hard to get in to. Lots of close sign-ups. The few that were not tended to be "You just got your starter " plot.

2.) My favorite think to do is create characters that have weaknesses. Now when I say weakness, I actually mean weakness. Not the, "I doubt myself but always pull throw at the least second," stuff I see a lot. That isn't realistic. I like to RP bad losses and failures do to those weaknesses. I'm actually working on a character right now that doesn't even want to be a trainer and is forced to start with a Munna (which I find very funny).

And a f

Flawed characters are always more fun to portrait and see others play than Mary Sues. I hope you'll do well.

I've posted a new Pokémon RP with a familiar setting but a few differences from "the common" beginning trainer RP. But still, it will be pretty easy to play in. There's a background story that shapes the mission of the players, so they have a goal to work towards, and I've planned side quests that give rewards. I hope it will attract some creative people.

It's not been approved yet though, since I just posted it. Is there a new RP approval thread? I can only find the old one, and it's closed.

ED: Apparently there is no new thread. Yet. But the new RP mod seems to be online often enough to do a great job checking new threads quickly. The RP is up. If you like, tell me what you think about it. Or better, join.

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • Thoughts on a RP I am making? Notes: Dragonite is considered Legendary, and Manaphy is part of the lake trio. It represents freedom. Also, the Lake Trio also control the seasons. Mesprit is Spring, Azelf is Summer, Uxie is Autunm and Manaphy Winter. Articuno, Mew and Moltres are female, and Mewtwo, Zapdos and Dragonite are male.
    The starters will be coming soon.

Plot
    About 300 years ago, the Kanto Legendaries secretly lived in peace, away from humans. They were practically unknown, only heard of in myths and fairytales. Mewtwo lived in Cerulean Cave, Moltres in Mt Silver, Zapdos in the abandoned Power Plant, Articuno in the Seafoam Islands (which were not known of at that time), Dragonite in a secret part of Victory Road, and Mew on a secret island. One day, two sailors found Mew's Island, beginning something bigger than anyone thought.

Those sailors had been travelling on the seas, when a strom whipped up. They were tossed upon stormy seas, all the way to Mew's Island. There, Mew found them. Mew offered to Teleport them home, if they never told anyone about her or her island. The sailors agreed, and they were Teleported home. There, they broke their promise by telling everyone about Mew and her island. All of the powerful trainers travelled to Mew's island, to try and convince Mew to come on their side. Mew disagreed, and so there was a fight. However, Mew managed to escape and tell the other Legendaries that her island was being invaded. Some trainers, on rapid Water and Flying Types, followed Mew and found out the locations of the other legendaries. Then, they reported them to the other trainers. Over the next month, the trainers prepared to fight the other legendaries to get them on their side.

The battles all happened simutaneously, and much blood was shed. The legendaries managed to escape dying, though. The battle came to a conclusion when Arceus saw it. He transformed the legendaries into charms, to prevent them from getting hurt. He also made the Eeveelutions to guard the charms in what was the legendary's home. Eevee for Dragonite, Vaporeon for Articuno, Jolteon for Zapdos, Flareon for Moltres, Espeon for Mew and Umbreon for Mewtwo. He told the Eeveelutions to guard the charms, and to pass them down to new generations so they can protect them. Arceus also cast a spell on the charms. They could only be transformed back into the legendaries when Arceus, the Season Foursome, and six trustworthy trainers were there. Many years passed, bringing us to the present day, were people can live on Mew's island.

You are a young trainer-to-be, and you live near one of the legendary charms. You have seen an Eeveelution prowling around the area the charm is in, guarding it and the charm. Also, you have recieved a letter from the 'Legendary Materialization Organization' or LMO for short. They want you to help find the legendary charms and turn them back into the legendaries. They will also give you a choice of special starters, to help you find the tokens easier. You decide to join them, but can they be trusted...?

So, thoughts?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like to join a RP

Well, look around the Pokémon Roleplay or Other Roleplay or Roleplay Corner (the out of character threads) and look for RPs to your liking. There are many going on nowadays. Make sure the RP really is open for Sign Ups before you post an application though.

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
    Years
  • Dragonite 149

That plot sounds very interesting.If I can find time I would try to roleplay in it, but to clarify how could a power plant be there if it's 300 years ago.(Sorry, I'm just a historical nerd.)

Back