• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>> Rise of the heirs (PG-13)

Years
    Welcome. 4 spots left.

This is, basically, an original trainer journey RP.

Rise Of The Heirs

>> Rise of the heirs (PG-13)>> Rise of the heirs (PG-13)
    Images property of e1n @ deviantart.net

Story
    "Kanto and Johto had not always been as peaceful and friendly places to live in as they are today. Once, many years ago now, crime was prospering and organized syndicates were abundant in every corner of Kanto. The greatest and most successful of them was called Team Rocket.

Kanto was a dark place back then, overrun by the anarchy Team Rocket brought by making other criminal gangs do their dirty work. When Team Rocket's leader finally stepped up and offered to bring order in return for power, Kanto's citizens and mayors considered giving in.

But Johto had stood up better against the criminality and still had some kind of safety in the region. The city mayors and gym leaders decided to unite, and drive Team Rocket out of Kanto. There was a showdown battle on the plains to the east of Vermilion City, of which people tell stories today and will tell stories about for decades to come. There, the Kanto and Johto gym leaders and other courageous trainers finally defeated the leaders of the crime syndicate. Team Rocket's top leader was killed in the fighting, and most of the criminals arrested."

"The mayors and gym leaders figured that now when the main brain behind Team Rocket was dead, the criminal gang wouldn't prosper again, so the people could start building a new, better Kanto. But still, they never wanted their land to turn into chaos again. And to make sure it never happened, the mayors picked four of the gym leaders in Kanto and Johto to be the supreme guardians of their lands. They would spend their life doing their job. And their job was to train their pokémon to be the strongest in the land, and to roam Kanto and Johto ever seeking out the least sign of injustice, and annihilate it. Some even say they could speak with their pokémon.

And they would be the Elite 4."

Today, the first Elite 4 have retired, disappeared or been killed. The two of them who are still alive are a pokémon professor called Oak, who resides in Pallet town, and the woman called Agatha, who resides in Mahogany town. Before these two retired, however, they trained four new trainers to be the new Elite 4.

They are Lance 'the dragon tamer', Bruno 'the strong', Karen 'the dark' and Lorelei 'the cold'. Lance is a proud showoff, Bruno is straightforward and hearty, Karen is cunning and tantalizing while Lorelei is elegant and intimidating. These trainers have had the title for some years now.

Your part

The new Elite 4 suspects that something is stirring in the seemingly peaceful regions. Are the criminal gangs about to wake up again? Without telling the Confederation, they decide to train replacement trainers, just in case anything should happen to them. They don't want the Elite 4 to decimate into two people again, like with Oak and Agatha.

You are a trainer living in any of the towns or cities in Johto. You've only got a few pokémon, training them is a hobby, and you haven't traveled much in your life and thus haven't even seen the whole of your region. You have a distant relative in Kanto, whom you haven't seen in many years.

One day somebody pays a visit to your home. It's a member of the Elite 4. They say they want you to go on a journey to strengthen yourself, to be able to become their successor in the future. They want you to prove your worth by training a team of strong pokémon as well as conquer all the gym leaders of Kanto and Johto. The Elite 4 has to be stronger than everyone else.

After a few days into your journey, you realize you're able to understand what your Pokémon are saying. You can suddenly speak with pokémon! Just like the rumors said about the Elite 4.

To protect you from anyone who might want to harm the heir of the Elite 4, this quest is secret. You can't tell the mayors, gym leaders, or your family the real reason behind your journey. You have to come up with a cover story. Should you happen to get close friends along the road though, maybe they should know, as they might aid you. Just remember, not even Oak and Agatha knows...

Do you accept the challenge?

Notes about this 'verse
    - No, professor Oak doesn't give out a free pokémon and a pokédex to every kid who visits him. In fact, he doesn't do that at all. As far as common people know, Oak has one pokédex, that he's considering to duplicate and/or hand to a trainer who can gain his trust and aid him in gathering data on all the pokémon.
    -- Other researchers, such as Bill and professor Elm, want their own pokédexes and are pushing for Oak to duplicate them.

- No, everyone doesn't go on a 'journey' at the age of ten. Quite the opposite. Not many are professional trainers. Rather, many keep pokémon as pets or train them as a hobby, like you.
    -- It's mostly hobby trainers you'll face on the roads, but sometimes you can meet professional trainers with stronger pokémon.

- Each town has a mayor, who is the highest ranking deciding organ in the town. The mayors of a region all meet at regular basis to decide overall things about the region, and the mayors of both Kanto and Johto come together once in a while. That's the only form of goverment there is, and all the mayors together are called the Confederation.

- In this incarnation of pokémon universe, gyms are exactly that; GYMS. People train there, with their pokémon, and the leader is the owner of the gym and most often the strongest trainer there.
    -- There is no 'pokémon league competition' at Indigo Plateau, but competitions organized by the gyms once every now and then.

- Battles in this RP are anime-like. Or rather manga-like, if you have read the first volumes of the Pokémon Special Manga. Use your imagination! You can win a battle that wouldn't make perfect sense in the game, like a normal type against a fighting etc., if you write it our really well.

RULES.
    - I (Gary Stu) won't participate as a player. I am the Game Master (GM).

- I play the Elite 4. They don't stumble upon you when you want them to, but when I want them to. Same with the Mayors.

- You might however play the Gym leaders, and most other NPCs, when you battle them or otherwise interact with them.

- It's up to you what member of the Elite 4 you want visiting you in the beginning (as long as he/she isn't taken). Bruno, Karen, Lance or Lorelei. More than one person can have Lorelei as a mentor. You don't have to train the same kind of pokémon as your mentor does.

- You can have 1 or 2 pokémon at the start of the story and you can't have any evolved pokémon or legendaries.

- You can after a few posts speak with your pokémon. Nobody else can understand them though. After gaining about 2 badges, you can even speak to other pokémon than your own.

- When you battle a wild pokémon in a post, meaning to capture it, you have to end your post after you've thrown your pokéball. I decide if your capture is successful or not, depending on post quality and such~

- You can't catch legendary pokémon unless I say so.

- You can battle the gym leaders in any order! Make an exciting story of it. Remember they are all strong though.

- Your pokémon can only learn attacks it learns according to the HG/SS pokédex on Serebii. Just let the attacks make sense.

NOTE: We don't care about levels here. Your pokémon learns an attack intuitively or by training (like Ash's pokémon do).
    NOTE 2: It takes much more energy to conjure a Fire Spin than an Ember. And it takes much more energy for a young Charmander to conjure a Fire Spin than it takes for a mature Charizard. Keep the example in mind.

- Please follow all the usual RP rules set up in this forum. Or else I'll make somebody kick you out >:|

- That includes no bunnying without the other player's permission. Co-op posts are encouraged though, so you're welcome to get together with another RPer and write a post, together. Especially when battling against/with each other.

- To show that you have read all these messy rules, type this at the end of your SU: I like falafel.

->> For each new area (route or town) you enter, you have to wait for me to give you instructions on what happens there, before you go on posting. That means every time you're about to leave an area, state so at the end of the post. For instance, if you have traveled through Viridian Forest, posting say 2 times in there, you say at the end of the second post (OOC: I leave the forest now and enter Pewter City)

- Have a good time. If you think something should be improved or changed, regarding... anything at all in this RP, tell me so. PM me :)

Map links
    Use these to figure out what area you are in, are about to leave or are entering.

KANTO
    JOHTO
    Or better, use the nifty Pokéarth on Serebii.net.

Sign-up form

Name: (first and last)

Home town: (where you'll start the RP. Any of the Johto towns or cities)

Appearance: (I and the other participants will want to get a good idea of what your character looks like. General clothing, for instance)

History: (How did your character grow up? How does he/she live?How did she/he get her/his pokémon? And so on)

Personality: (How does your character react in different situations? What characteristical traits does she/he have?)

Owned pokémon: (species, gender and optional nickname)

Distant Kanto relative: (A line or two about who it is, is sufficient)

Mentor: (Who would you like to visit you? Lance, Bruno, Karen or Lorelei? 3 people can choose Lorelei)

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll accept 6 SUs.
    -- If I'm not sure about your capability as a RPer just by seeing your SU, I might ask you for an RP sample.

NOTE that only one player can have a certain mentor, except for Lorelei who can have 3 apprentices. If I've already accepted enough SU:s who requested a certain mentor, that mentor is taken.

LASTLY: If you've seen this RP before on another site, don't worry. I've got permission to repost it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Accepted players:
    Remnants (Bruno) - Nick Dyvella
    Draginja (?) - Kerrin Sakamoto

For the moment, SU's go in this thread.

ABOUT RESERVED SPOTS:
    Note that getting a reserved spot only makes sure I consider your SU before others. If your SU isn't good enough, you can still get rejected.
    And I keep the list in my mind, to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    I would like to reserve a spot. This is what I have so far. :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    @ killet 513: a spot is reserved for you ~

I understand your SU isn't completed yet, but I'd just like to point out that I think the first and the last sentences in the personality contradicts each other. He's shy and keeps to the shadows but he likes to bully and take control? When you've come up with the history, maybe you could refine the personality a bit? :3

@ anthhbabess: You might. For a few days.

Last edited:

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Name: Nick Dyvella

Home town: Outskirts of Goldenrod City

Appearance: Nick has darker skin (think Brock), with spiked back black hair and black eyes. He is about 5'10", and has a runner's build, being slim, but with some muscle. Nick wears black sneakers with white laces and socks, and he has blue jeans. Nick also has a white t-shirt that he wears an open black sweatshirt over. He also has a brown belt that can hold pokeballs.

History: Nick was raised by his mother alone because of his father's death of a fatal illness shortly after Nick's birth. He never liked to mourn the loss of his father though, because he does not remember anything about him, except for his looks because of the pictures around his house, and because Nick knows he will not gain anything from being said about his death. Nick loved to go outside as a kid, but was forced to stay close to the house because of pokemon in the nearby woods. The few times he would get to adventure is when he and his mother visited their relatives in Kanto and Nick would go camping with his cousin Louis. As he got older, they stopped visiting their relatives, but Nick got to go outside more once became more responsible and learned to help his mother around the house. He would go into the city to buy any supplies they needed, and did odd chores for her. One day, Nick had to clean the attic, and in it he found a present. It was addressed to him from his father. Nick unwrapped it to find a pokeball inside, and nothing else. He took the pokeball outside and opened it. To his surprise, a Scyther came out! Nick figured that it must've been a present his father wanted to give him to start a hobby of training pokemon. Ever since, Nick has had Sycther as his partner, and has trained it as his favorite pokemon.

Personality: Nick is an optimist. He enjoys life to its fullest, he loves to help people, and he always tries to get in as many things as he can during a single day. However, this leads to Nick staying up too late, and either waking up early tired, or sleeping in half of the day. Nick also has a temper, but tries to control it, and remembers that getting mad at people or making a big deal out of little things is not a good thing to do. Nick is very outgoing, and enjoys spending time with people. He tries to make friends with everyone he meets, but can be slightly nervous around girls he thinks are pretty.

Owned pokémon:
    Scyther – Male – No Nickname

Distant Kanto relative: His cousin, Louis. Louis was great friends with Nick when they were kids, but as they grew older they grew further apart. It didn't help that Nick and his mother didn't make trips to Kanto to visit their relatives once a year. Nick hasn't contacted Louis in about a year, but the last time Nick called him, Louis sounded a little down, though Nick's not really sure what it was about.

Mentor: Bruno
    I like falafel

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Name: Eros Evm

Home town: New Bark Town
    Appearance: A slightly built young male with short spiky brown hair, blue eyes and well defined facial features. Eros likes to wear plain black singlets and navy blue track pants along with white slip on shoes

History: Eros grew up alone with his father after his mother moved to the distant Kanto region to work with the well renowned Proffessor Oak as an assistant, although they still stay in regular contact through pokemail, Eros misses her dearly.
    Although Eros was well interested in the world of Pokemon as a young child, he never thought about travelling with Pokemon. His life plan included staying in New Bark Town with his father and his fathers Monferno and Vileplume making Charcoal Sculptures as souveneirs for travelers. Eros met his first pokemon Charmander on the day when his mother left, at first Eros was not to fond of Charmander but after hearing stories about Charmanders leading the way through the dark, he started to befriend the Charmader in his darkest days.
    On his 13th birthday, Eros' dad battled a wild Piplup and captured it as a gift to his son. Since that day Eros has spent most of his spare time in the bushland near New Bark Town training his Piplup and Charmander against eachother.

Personality: Eros loves his family and would do anything to reunite his mother and father. At school he was seen as an outsider due to the fact that he never thought of travelling and battleing Pokemon. He prefered to stay in the School Library and read on Ancient Pokemon such as The Unown, Palkia and Dialga and the darker history of Pokemon. Eros would often spend his days daydreaming about how the world was in the time of The Unown Palkia and Dialga, and he strongly believed that Palkia and Dialga created the world as it is. His line of thinking on that subject made him quite the target for bullying and verbal abuse at school. The years of constant abuse turned him against the world and made him become quite a dark and brooding character that would scare people that did not know him, almost every person that met him would try and avoid him, that was until he met Karen, she understood him on a deeper level and told him about the great things that Pokemon can bring into his life. Although he would never physically fight for any reason, Eros would always stand up for the things that he believed in.

Owned pokémon:
    Charmander (M) Nickname - Emba.
    Piplup (F) Nickname - Bubbles

Distant Kanto relative: Eros' mother moved away when he was only 9. She moved to work with Proffessor Oak.

Mentor: Karen

Last edited:
    Years
    @ Remnants: Looking decent. I like that you gave Nick a few negative traits as well as being kind and optimistic. Totally good, controlled and brave characters can get a bit boring to play with :3

However, killet 513 already wanted Lance, so I'll wait until he's finished his SU and then the best of the two of you will get Lance.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    @ Remnants: Looking decent. I like that you gave Nick a few negative traits as well as being kind and optimistic. Totally good, controlled and brave characters can get a bit boring to play with :3

However, killet 513 already wanted Lance, so I'll wait until he's finished his SU and then the best of the two of you will get Lance.

lol it's fine. I changed it to Bruno. And thnx, I was going for a character that had flaws, but was still the person I wanted to RP as.

Years
    lol it's fine. I changed it to Bruno. And thnx, I was going for a character that had flaws, but was still the person I wanted to RP as.
    Alright then. I think Bruno would fit your character well :3

Remnants (Bruno) - ACCEPTED

@ anthhbabess: Not thorough enough. You have to expand the history and personality section. Why did his mother move away, or doesn't he know the reason? What was he like as he grew up? Maybe what would make Lorelei pick him?
    As for personality, it doesn't really tell me what he's like. Throw in more descriptions, and I'd love to see some interesting flaws or traits that make Eros a more memorable character.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010

@ anthhbabess: Not thorough enough. You have to expand the history and personality section. Why did his mother move away, or doesn't he know the reason? What was he like as he grew up? Maybe what would make Lorelei pick him?
    As for personality, it doesn't really tell me what he's like. Throw in more descriptions, and I'd love to see some interesting flaws or traits that make Eros a more memorable character.

Thank you for the tips and I hope that I have edited it to your liking.

Years
    Thank you for the tips and I hope that I have edited it to your liking.
    It's better, and I especially like the part where you describe how he believes in Palkia and Dialga and gets a darker side. Karen would indeed find him interesting.

But I'm still not convinced. Have you RPed before? I'd love to see a sample of your skills. A post you've made in another RP anywhere, or if you haven't got an example, I'd like to see you write something on the spot now. At least 4 paragraphs long. It will give me the general idea of how you would perform in this RP :3

Last edited:

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Ummm... is this going anywhere? Because I've been wondering if this will start maybe after christmas holiday time?

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    This thread will go places if it has enough signers. I humbly present my signed sheet.

Name: Kerrin Sakamoto

Hometown: Mahogany Town

Appearance: At five foot nothing, one hundred and zero pounds, Kerrin seems cute and innocent. She is thin and wiry, with small features. Her skin is tan, and her hair is jet black and worn in a ponytail that reaches her shoulders. Her eyes are heterochromic, with the left eye black and the right eye red.

Her preferred wardrobe includes black combat boots, black bike shorts, and a black halter top. She wears a hip-length white leather jacket closed over all that, with a brown leather belt. She covers her right eye with a white eyepatch.

History: Kerrin was born in Goldenrod, where her mother worked at the radio tower and her father worked at the department store. She was an only child, growing up happily in a middle-class family. While walking through the park on her birthday, she stumbled upon a wild Pinsir. A local ranger captured it, and she asked if she could have it. The ranger consented, and let her raise it. Her family obtained a small cabin near Mahogany, purchased from her uncle who was moving to Kanto. They used it for a vacation home. At the beginning of the story, the Sakamotos are in this house to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Personality: Kerrin has a simple philosophy to excel at whatever she does. She gives her all when working, and devotes just as much effort into playing or as much gusto into relaxation. She is full of drive, but takes time to stop and enjoy herself. As such, she is a very happy and content person, but can sometimes leave others behind. She is highly disciplined, rarely backing down from a challenge.

Owned Pokemon: Male Pinsir nicknamed Powerbug.

Kanto Relative: Her uncle Bill, a fisherman in Cerulean. Bill used to be captain of a ship, and rarely saw his family. He now lives alone so he can enjoy the water and be away from his annoying relatives.

Mentor: Lance.

I like falafel.

Last edited:
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Well I've only gotten one player with a decent enough sign up, so I don't really know ^^' anthhbabess might be accepted if he showed up here again, but he hasn't.

Spoiler:

I humbly accept it :) nice to see a girl character :) Draginja -
    ACCEPTED!

Since anthhbabess and killet513 hasn't posted in some time now, you might choose Karen or Lance if you want to. (if that's ok with Remnants)

That's two.

I realized though... that since this RP didn't really start off when I posted it, I signed up for some others, and now if people want to join this, I'm not sure I'd have time to take care of it.

I'm sorry, I might restart it after New Years, though I'm unsure and probably won't.
    Maybe we'll try again in a few months. Let's hope the interest for an RP like this is higher then ^^

Last edited:

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
    Oh bummer. And I already filled out the SU and everything =/ well, if you do end up restarting it by new year's or after a few months, please fire me a PM.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Same here. I'm disappointed, since I've been looking through tons of Pokemon RP sites and RPs, and this was the first actually good one I'd found. I guess I'll just see what other RPs this site has (though it seems almost all of them are pretty crappy).

Years
    I'll make sure to tell you if I do restart it. I apologize once more, and will be more patient next time before I jump into other projects after posting a RP.

Happy New Year though!

Back